Exterior MIrrors don't work - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2018, 05:17 PM

Mein Auto: 1994 540i
Exterior MIrrors don't work

After removing all the interior to dry it out after rear sunroof drain plugged. I put everything back only to find mirrors don't work. Got out my All Data wiring diagrams only to find the color codes don't match the car. I fooled around with it for a couple days and finally took it to my beamer guy. He gave up because he had the same issue. I believe he said he (we) need the factory TIS book. He recommended a electrical specialty shop, I called them and the don't work on beamers. Go figure. I called another shop that I've dealt with and got the sense that they'd reluctantly work on it and they didn't have the factory book either. So...I'm here hoping one of you has access to the factory wiring diagram 'cause I'm stumped.
The memory switch for the seats and mirrors is a little goofy in that one of the three switches will bump the back recline, one of them bumps the seat forward a bit of course the mirrors don't move. Nor do they when the tranny is in reverse.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)
Today's Posts Search