135i n54 running issue - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions

General BMW Questions
Use this forum to ask general question about the BMW ownership and keep up on the latest BMW news. Direct all model specific questions to model specific forums below.

Old 10-23-2019, 02:14 PM

Mein Auto: N54 135i
135i n54 running issue

hey all,

So I had to replace a couple of the turbo hoses as they were old and brittle so while I was at it I thought I'd do a load of maintenance.
Decided it was easier to remove the engine so I could do it all properly.
while engine still out I reconnected the battery to move the car back (had to steer it), had a phone call so left it. Came back next day to drop the engine back in with the assistance of a couple of friends, now while clearing all wiring etc out the way to drop the engine back in the alternator live hit the chassis and sparked. Where I had been rushing the previous day I forgot to disconnect it and as it and the day of engine install I just assumed it was totally forgetting I had reconnected to move the car
Disconnected the battery and carried on, got the engine in and everything connected back up.
Battery was at about 10v so connected the car to my van and left it running for 20 mins. Got to about 12v so decided to give it a go starting.
The car started with a bit of persuasion but then died 30s later.
Now it's just the same, starts but then dies. Longest I've had it run is about 2 mins and that was after I replaced the lpfp sensor.
When unlocking the car or turning the ignition on the lpfp doesn't prime.
I've tried diagnosing the car with ISTA+ and INPA but get different errors and never the same back to back to be able to tell what the issue is.
I've tested the EKP with ISTA and its come back good
DME is showing good
Injectors are index 12 937 installed 4 months ago
HPFP has never been replaced, car is at 87k miles
Spark plugs are new
I've tried to give as much info as possible, anyone have any ideas?

TIA

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions
Today's Posts Search