Coming from F25: not impressed with driving dynamics - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 G01 (2018 - current)

X3 G01 (2018 - current)
The third generation X3 starts production in August of 2017 and will include the new X3 M40i top of the line performance model.

Old 11-12-2018, 04:00 PM

Mein Auto: F25 28xi
Coming from F25: not impressed with driving dynamics

Hello bimmerfesters,
This is probably the wrong forum to post in because ppl might get mad but oh well
So I have a 2017 F25 28xi x-line, and I took a G01 30xi as a loaner for a couple of days.
Overall I wasn't impressed with the driving dynamics for the following reasons:
1- The steering wheel feels so disconnected from the road. It also has too much play before it actually steers so it results in a slower response. Not to mention the steering weight is so light, so un-BMW. Steering in F25 felt heavier, more connected and quicker.
2- Suspension is comfortable and soaks bumps better but also feels softer around corners. Have to say though isolation is massively improved, especially noise.

On the other side, engine feels a lot peppier on the G01, maybe it's because of the reduced weight? Interior is nicer but not by a landslide. Actually certain stalks and buttons, such as the turn signal stalk, have a much better click and feel on the F25, don't know if im just nit picking.
Seats are significantly more comfortable on G01. One thing I find annoying is the locking beep on the G01 and all new BMWs, it sounds fake and tinny. Sounds better on F25

Please share your thoughts and don't be upset. I come in peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2018, 04:09 PM

Mein Auto: F25 28xi
One more MAJOR thing: you have to turn "auto start stop" off every time you start the car, it doesn't remember your setting like F25!!! Unless there's an option in the menu that I'm missing, then this absolutely sucks. Also idrive scroll wheel and the buttons surrounding it felt more solid with better clicks to me on F25. I guess i could just be strongly biased
Old 11-13-2018, 09:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i
Quote:
Originally Posted by malbec View Post
One more MAJOR thing: you have to turn "auto start stop" off every time you start the car, it doesn't remember your setting like F25!!! Unless there's an option in the menu that I'm missing, then this absolutely sucks. Also idrive scroll wheel and the buttons surrounding it felt more solid with better clicks to me on F25. I guess i could just be strongly biased
That's the main reason I'll buy some coding tool when Black Friday rolls around.

I dunno how a F25 drives, but did you put the G01 in Sport? It's pretty... lackluster... in Comfort or Eco mode. The differences between the different modes is quite dramatic. I like that it's dramatic. In Eco, it forces me to drive more relaxed. I get a twitchy right foot sometimes even when in traffic and there's no point in shooting forward a couple car lengths and I should just try and save gas isntead.

Last edited by codex57; 11-13-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2018, 10:05 AM
Uber Olive Brain

Mein Auto: 2018 X3 x30i, 330i
Installed options like tires (regular vs run-flats) and the dynamic handling package make a difference. There are three different instrument clusters, and two different center display sizes.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW X5, 2018 BMW X3
I came from a F25 ad well and having a completely different handling experience than you describe.

I run mostly in SPORT Individual with Engine and Transmission in SPORT mode and Suspension in COMFORT.

I enjoy the ride every day in all conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Old 11-21-2018, 09:44 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 X5
Must push stop start ignition every time you restart car.Non run flats ride like mush

Can't stand having to push to not stop engine at lights etc. any fix/reprogram for this?
Car with non runflats on highway runs like mush especially in turns. Previously had runlets in 2016. Much better on Hiway !
Any fix?
Old 11-21-2018, 07:06 PM

Mein Auto: Infiniti M45 Sport
Coding auto start stop to remember last mode with BimmerCode works like a charm.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 G01 (2018 - current)
Today's Posts Search