The Official “Tip-In” / “Acceleration/Throttle Delay” Resolution Thread - Page 6 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)

F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
The sixth generation of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) was produced from 2011 - 2016 with LCI updates arriving in 2014. In the US BMW offered a hatchback 5 Series Gran Truismo (F07) and the rest of the world also go a Station Wagon/Touring version F11.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:50 PM

Mein Auto: f10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB9 View Post
Changed plugs at 55k as well. There was a small improvement but still big lag at startup.

Will try this next.

1) hit start button once to turn on power (Don't start the engine)
2) then press the accelerator down to the floor for 5 sec
3) then hit start button once to turn off power
4) then remove foot from accelerator
5) then waite for 2 minutes
4) then start the engine like normal and try it out!

UPDATE 8/19/2017: No improvement. I also didn't get the clicking that some say happens while accelerator is at the floor. Seems a no go on this fix, for a 2012 528i F10 N20.
I have changed the speed valve and that changed a lot for me. Also fuel consumption lowered.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2017, 01:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpili1313 View Post
I have changed the speed valve and that changed a lot for me. Also fuel consumption lowered.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk
What is the "speed valve"? Got a part number to share?
Old 10-18-2017, 02:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 525i (E39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj1013 View Post
What is the "speed valve"? Got a part number to share?
+1 I was going to ask the same thing. TPS comes to mind? I did end up installed the sprint booster and that helped a lot, but I'd say the delay is cut in half, but not gone.

https://www.sprintboostersales.com/B...QaAiAQEALw_wcB

That said, once the car is moving, the booster does make a huge difference in response/fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2017, 11:18 PM

Pierburg: 7.02044.02.0
Old 10-19-2017, 05:19 AM

Mein Auto: 535iX M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB9 View Post
+ I did end up installed the sprint booster and that helped a lot, but I'd say the delay is cut in half, but not gone.

https://www.sprintboostersales.com/B...QaAiAQEALw_wcB

That said, once the car is moving, the booster does make a huge difference in response/fun.
My previous car, a Mercedes-Benz, suffered from throttle and turbo lag-- I too installed a Sprint Booster and a Go Fast Bits DV+ diverter valve-- It made a big difference for sure. While it did not increase power, it sure made the existing power available a lot quicker.

I have not installed the Sprint Booster on my F10, but I am considering it.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Pierburg: 7.02044.02.0
Does this take the place of the stock throttle body? Which F10 model did you install it on? I can't tell from the pics I found online, is this larger than the stock throttle body?
Old 10-20-2017, 08:54 AM

It just a swap with the OEM throtle body. In my case, I got an unknown error in the drive train section that gave a ODBC code that corresponded to the throtle body.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
It just a swap with the OEM throtle body. In my case, I got an unknown error in the drive train section that gave a ODBC code that corresponded to the throtle body.
Gotcha. So in your case, the original throttle body may have been failing??? What model is your F10? Any performance increase?
Old 01-17-2018, 08:27 AM

Mein Auto: F10 BMW
Only Solution I found

Hello,
I am new to the forum and was reading through some of the posts. I have a 2011 BMW 528i that ive owned since 2012, and ive put about 58k miles on her; 74k now.

I too had the issue of throttle lag and boggy shifting. I went to the dealer several times to have the issue identified and addressed. Time and again nothing could be done, and I was advised this is just how they run. The car always scooted along great after getting going. But that spongy throttle, followed by occasional frantic jerks, then the lag between each gear as it shifted where you could feel every gear, was quite irritating.

I got used to it, but never was happy with it.

I was told by a friend who owned a 535i to do the throttle reset process as stated in this thread, but it never solved the problem. The car would run great for some time, but would resort back to its previous condition.

I heard about the Remus Responder while watching Velocity last summer, and thought I'd give that a try. My wife got it for me for my Birthday in October, and I installed it right away.

I can say that the Remus Responder is the 100% permanent fix for this issue. After installing the responder it was an entirely different car. It also has a full sport mode that turns the car into a rocket off the line. I wish I had it all along!!!

Here is the item description from the Bavarian Autosport website where it was purchased:

REMUS Responder

PART#: R903702

BRAND: Remus

PRICE: $249.00

Improved throttle response with a simple plug-in installation.

The REMUS Responder improves throttle response by means of modifying the accelerator pedal output signal. No more throttle delay and reduced lag during automatic shifting makes driving with the REMUS Responder more fun. The Responder attaches between the OEM pedal sensor and the OEM connector, ready to use in seconds due to plug & play technology. Sophisticated adjustable programming profiles can lead to improved fuel consumption and more efficiency. The 4 individual user selectable and adjustable performance settings allow drivers to select according to their own preferences.

The REMUS Responder totally eliminates the delay in modern electronic accelerator pedals!
•Improved throttle response, reduced lag during gear changes.
•Quicker reaction times, more dynamic driving experience without changing engine parameters.
•4 individual user selectable and adjustable performance settings.
•Vehicle specific programming using OEM quality connectors.
•Simple plug & play installation and easily removed without leaving any trace.

If your still experiencing this issue you can finally put it to rest with the responder.

I hope this helps
Old 01-17-2018, 10:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i xDrive
Does anybody know if (besides the ability to be adjusted) this item is any better than my SprintBooster?
2012 535ix Space Gray, Cinnamon, SAT, Premium, Prem sound, Cold W., Sunshades, Gloss Black Grille, Gloss Black Side Markers, RE970AS 245/45/19 non-run flats that run very smooth + quiet and also correct the otherwise optimistic speedo
Old 01-17-2018, 11:53 AM

I'd give Remus a call and see what they say

Remus Technology Inc.
1365 63 rd Street
Emeryville, CA 94608
T: +1 510 595 3300
F: +1 510 595 3304
Old 01-17-2018, 02:55 PM

I just read up on the sprint booster. It looks like it makes the peddle behave the way it should from the factory, and does not increase power. The Remus does this with the Economy mode, but also has the additional mid range and performance mode. Its a lot like sport mode. I normally run mine on the eco mode, all green lights lit on the Responder. But if im at a light and I want to get the jump I select the sport mode, red lights on the responder, and hit the gas when the traffic light turns green. And man it goes.... Remus warns NOT to change the setting on the responder while pressing the gas, so I always put the car in park when I change the setting.

There are three setting with three levels each one the responder. When its on for the first time on the Green light is on. This is eco. You can then press the button to get two additional green lights to slightly increase performance. Then there is a mid level Amber button, and you can adjust it up with two more Amber light levels for slightly more power. Then there is the Red sport mode. When on there is one red light, and the option to increase it to two additional red lights so all three are lit to improve power output.

I was trying to figure out how this all works. And im by no means a German electronic engineer.
I don't think the Remus is actually making more power, it is just changing the throttle signal. So in red sport mode up full blast, with all three red lights lit, it seems like a 4mm movement of the gas pedal is equivalent to 25mm movement under normal setting. It then sends the signal so the response is instant. Its pretty damn fun.... On eco mode, one green light on, it makes the peddle more prudent, but sends the signal instantly with no lag so its smooth. And the smoothness in shifting is night and day.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:11 PM

Mein Auto: F10 550i M-Sport
The transmission reset I don’t recommend if you are a more aggressive driver and no one else has driven your car in the past.

I found it made it worse for me and it had to readapt. Took about a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Old 02-07-2018, 04:18 AM

Mein Auto: 535i
32Seduced and All: What’s the verdict on which one to pursue?
The funny thing, is I live in San Francisco and I’m tempted to drive over to Remus and inquire about their product.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
528i

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
Today's Posts Search