BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Z3 hard top

8K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Ericjump 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 X3 convertible That comes with a hard top, cover and storage rack. My question is how much is the hard top, cover and rack worth.

#2 ·
Sorry, can't help you with that. I'm a new Bimmer owner and just joined this site and can't figure out how to start a new thread so I am just replying to yours in hopes someone can help me. I have a 2000 M Roadster which I believe has the same soft top as the Z3. The stitching on the back window is coming undone and when it rains, water gets into the trunk. Can the window simply be restitched or do I need to get a whole new top?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#3 ·
Sorry, can't help you with that. I'm a new Bimmer owner and just joined this site and can't figure out how to start a new thread so I am just replying to yours in hopes someone can help me. I have a 2000 M Roadster which I believe has the same soft top as the Z3. The stitching on the back window is coming undone and when it rains, water gets into the trunk. Can the window simply be restitched or do I need to get a whole new top?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
If your looking to "Afro engineer" a fix then you need to be properly introduced to silicone.. Silicone between the rip then stitch it up to give it extra strength.

-Adam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.