BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Spotted an Alpina Z8 in Chicagoland

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Psyco6string 
#1 ·
Hi all-

I was driving down North Ave in Carol Stream, IL yesterday and came upon an beautiful black Alpina Z8. Didn't recognize it at first! Never saw one in person before. Very sleek from all angles. :thumbup:

I would love to have seen some weenie in a Boxster roll up and try to take him on. :D

If you're the proud owner lurking on the boards, give a shout out! Nice car!

-Cago

#4 ·
$700M won't even put you in the big league these days. Heck- I think Oprah is worth more than that! :rolleyes:

Although checking my own portfolio, I guess I'd have to say that is a LOT of money. :thumbup:

-Cago

#7 ·
Hi all-

I was driving down North Ave in Carol Stream, IL yesterday and came upon an beautiful black Alpina Z8. Didn't recognize it at first! Never saw one in person before. Very sleek from all angles. :thumbup:

I would love to have seen some weenie in a Boxster roll up and try to take him on. :D

If you're the proud owner lurking on the boards, give a shout out! Nice car!

-Cago
I've seen a silver one at Perillo BMW a couple of times, going in for scheduled maintenance the same time as me, and I've seen a black one prowling the Loop occasionally. What I still haven't seen on the road in Chicago is a Z4 M coupe. :dunno:

#10 ·
All Alpina Z8's sold here have automatics. Every one.

Nice car. I wonder if they've come up with a fix for the structural problems yet? I was chatting with the owner of the silver one in the photos below and he was a little pissed off about that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.