BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Actual Z8 Thread in the Z8 Forum

13K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  ///M Blitz 
#1 ·
I'm not sure I've ever seen a Z8 on the road in the U.S. Might not have known what to look for previously as I'm still pretty new to the BMW world. I do remember the car from the James Bond Movie and remembered that it seemed pretty bad ass.

So during my recent ED I drooled over the one in the BMW museum.

About four days later I'm in the old section of Verona Italy and what should I see. It was a little parking area in front of a hotel. I tried to park there and a lady immediately came and shoed me away. Then before I could leave another attendant came and asked me how long I was going to stay. I think he thought it was pretty cool having the Z4 and Z8 next to each other in front of the hotel. I told him I didn't know for sure, he thought about it then thought better and let me know about some parking around the corner.

See less See more
#2 ·
#11 ·
#6 ·
The only one I've seen was this past summer at the Saratoga (NY) Automobile Musuem. Their exhibition this year was devoted to BMW and they had a beautiful topaz blue one, sitting right next to a 507 no less.

Attachments

#7 ·
Seen one here in Japan..actually heard it first...odd note, not an I6, not a V8...OMG that's a Z8....V10....also sighted a lime green Porsche GT3 RS one morning....but the
top MF of all....found myself right behind a behemoth red rear wing and license plate that read "40".....can you guess....out of respect I stayed 4-5 car lengths behind..and lost it in traffic...
I may never see a real Ferrari F40 again..but that was special.

#12 ·
Te Z8

The Z8 was another one of BMW's biggest mistakes. That is why you see more Lambo's then you do Z8's. Like the 507, the were pretty, but not all that fast. BMW lost money on everyone they made and they never caught on as anything special. Just another failed attempt for BMW to make a true super car :p Sorry you bought one if you did, sell it while you can IMHO

#16 ·
The Z8 was another one of BMW's biggest mistakes. That is why you see more Lambo's then you do Z8's. Like the 507, the were pretty, but not all that fast. BMW lost money on everyone they made and they never caught on as anything special. Just another failed attempt for BMW to make a true super car :p Sorry you bought one if you did, sell it while you can IMHO
That's pretty ignorant. The Z8 outperformed the Ferrari competitor of its day (360) not only in the sheer speed, but also in handling; I have the magazine. With 4.2s 0-60 time , the only thing faster in 2002 was the Porsche Turbo. BMW only had the tooling to make around 3,000 cars, but overwhelming demand from the dealers compelled them to build 5,703. That's straight from designer Henrik Fisker. It was never intended to go beyond that because of the tooling and the s62 motor from the M5 was at the end of its development cycle.

A well sorted Z8 sells for over $250K. Go check and see what a Lambo or Ferrari of the day sells for.

You should educate yourself before you go around making a fool of yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.