BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Restoration update

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  cargirl417 
#1 ·
Put car on lift in garage and learned the rubbing, bumping problem in passenger front wheel is the bushing. Ordered one for $25 and ill install it tomorrow. What a relief.

Big day. Took off soft top today. Took two hours and watched the ten min video on utube three times. Tomorrow will install new top. Replaced the two springs on hood latches and now it opens every time. When i got the car, it only had one set and the spring was too worn out to open even with new cable.

Im running into lots of strange things. This car has a salvage title and i was told it was torn up badly when the police found it after it had been stolen. Whoever put it back together did a really lousy job. When i took the strip off the windshield area today, it had only two screws holding it in place instead of ten. All the inside panels are crooked, screws missing, and broken flanges. Looking forward to spring when it will be warm enuff to paint it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.