BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2018 x6m whinning noise

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  db007 
#1 ·
Hi, i recently purchased a 2018 x6m black spahhire edition ... i am loving the car, it is incredible. I am having one problem which appears to be a whinning noise coming from underneath the hood... this only happens when the rpma go below 2000 or i am in idle... has anyone had this issue? And if so is it normal or is there a fix? I know its an m engine and cabin noise / engine noise is normal but this is a high pitched whinning noise, feels like an issue.

#2 ·
I am experiencing it as well. I actually gave it to BMW for service. Will let you know what they say. I too LOVE this car. I have a 2018 x6m black fire. Before this I had a x6m, and recently a 2015 M6 gran coupe. So I KNOW how this car should sound and it doesn't sound right. Also noticed a noise that sounded like a loose belt the other day, and the "engine is too hot" warning came up and I took to bmw right away.

Will let you know what they say!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.