Questions on Ordering an M5 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M5 & M6 > F90 M5 (2018 - current)

F90 M5 (2018 - current)
The 6th generation F90 M5 based on the G30 5 Series platform is coming soon!

Old 07-05-2019, 08:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 550i
Questions on Ordering an M5

Finally taking the plunge and looking to upgrade from my 7 year old F10 550i to an M5. It's been a few years since car shopping so wanted to make sure I cover all options when ordering an M5. I know when I ordered my F10 there were many options not on the BMW website. For instance back then, I read a member was able to custom order 4 zone climate control on their F10 550 when it was clearly not on the website or the ordering guide. I wish I knew that.

So here's my questions.

1) It seems from looking at photos and videos that the M5 has digital AC controls. Meaning the dials on the bottom are touch controls not actual hard button controls. I currently have a G30 loner as my F10 is in for some service issues, and that loner's AC controls have standard hard button controls for operating the fan speed etc. Can any M5 owner confirm the touch controls for the AC is standard as I don't see it listed as part of a pkg or standalone option?

2) I see in the videos folks talk about the wireless phone charging pad in the space right behind the front cupholders. Is that a standard feature or part of the executive pkg? I don't see any reference of that feature on the website or ordering guide. Do US models have this feature?

3) Is the smart remote key fob an option for the M5? I don't see it listed anywhere. I know the M550i has it as a separate option apart from the packages.

4) Is the MY2020 ordering guide available yet?

I would greatly appreciate if any M5 owners can confirm the above. I want to make certain I have all the bases covered before ordering. Thanks!

2013 BMW 550i
Titanium Silver | Black | M Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2019, 06:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2019 F90 M5|2006 E60 550i
I ordered a 2019 M5 (Base model) and it just arrived in GA (from Bremerhaven) on the 4th. I'm waiting for it to go through Customs then the Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) and get shipped and delivered to the dealer; which hopefully will be within the next week or so. Here's a numerated list of the Packages and Standard features that mine comes with. Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

EXECUTIVE PACKAGE

4-zone climate control
Active Park Distance Control
Front and Rear Heated Seats
Front massaging seats
Front ventilated seats
Parking Assistant Plus
Rear sunshades
Soft-close automatic doors
Surround View w/ 3D View
Wireless Charging

DRIVING ASSISTANCE PLUS

ACC Stop&Go + Active Drive Ast

STANDARD FEATURES

40/20/40 Split Rear Seat
Active Protection
Additional 12-V power sockets
Advanced RTTI
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner
Apple CarPlay Compatibility
Comfort Access keyless entry
ConnectedDrive Services
Daytime driving lights
Enhanced USB & Bluetooth
Fineline Ridge Wood Trim
Gesture Control
Harman Kardon surround sound
Heated Steering Wheel
In-dash CD player
Mobility Kit
Multi-function seats w/lumbar
Navigation system
Power tailgate
Rear view camera
Remote Services
SiriusXM Radio w/ 1 year sub.
Tire pressure monitor
Universal garage-door opener
WiFi Hotspot
Old 07-08-2019, 06:44 PM

Mein Auto: F90 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decboy View Post
Finally taking the plunge and looking to upgrade from my 7 year old F10 550i to an M5. It's been a few years since car shopping so wanted to make sure I cover all options when ordering an M5. I know when I ordered my F10 there were many options not on the BMW website. For instance back then, I read a member was able to custom order 4 zone climate control on their F10 550 when it was clearly not on the website or the ordering guide. I wish I knew that.

So here's my questions.

1) It seems from looking at photos and videos that the M5 has digital AC controls. Meaning the dials on the bottom are touch controls not actual hard button controls. I currently have a G30 loner as my F10 is in for some service issues, and that loner's AC controls have standard hard button controls for operating the fan speed etc. Can any M5 owner confirm the touch controls for the AC is standard as I don't see it listed as part of a pkg or standalone option?

2) I see in the videos folks talk about the wireless phone charging pad in the space right behind the front cupholders. Is that a standard feature or part of the executive pkg? I don't see any reference of that feature on the website or ordering guide. Do US models have this feature?

3) Is the smart remote key fob an option for the M5? I don't see it listed anywhere. I know the M550i has it as a separate option apart from the packages.

4) Is the MY2020 ordering guide available yet?

I would greatly appreciate if any M5 owners can confirm the above. I want to make certain I have all the bases covered before ordering. Thanks!

(1) Climate control is touch (Standard)
(2) Wireless Charging is part of Exec Pkg.
(3) Smart Remote Key is not available on US M5. Some other countries do have it as an option.
(4) I believe MY2019 ends in July so MY202 may be available later this month or in Aug. (Not sure)

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M5 & M6 > F90 M5 (2018 - current)
Today's Posts Search