best way to create playlists? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:34 AM

Mein Auto: 435i convertib le
best way to create playlists?

Anyone have a good way to create a play list on HD of BMW media? I find it cumbersome at best.

I know Car play would be the easiest fix, but was hoping someone would have a tip on doing it inside BMW entertainment console.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2020, 03:54 PM
tympj

Mein Auto: 328i
The most efficient way I found to create playlists on HD is to generate the list first on your laptop or ipad or whatever then copy list(assuming mp3 or similar format) to the root USB flashdrive and import the list. After importing, you rename the list to whatever Oldies Rock etc. using options button on idrive wheel. Everytime you import to idrive, it assigns USB1, USB2 etc. That's why you have to use renaming feature to assign a favorite name to each import. The number of playlists is only limited to the disk space of 20G. In my case, this is the best option because of my version of idrive.

Other option is to use add to favorites. Once you have your entire library of songs in idrive, you can create playlists as well. The problem is you need to find each song then add to favorites. In my manual, it says your limited to 100 playlists using this approach. The other main problem with this is if your entire list is over 1000 songs for example finding the song each time is not easy unless you can quickly locate it which is not available in my version of idrive. Maybe yours has been updated in this regard. If so, then this may be the best way to create playlists for your purposes.

Let us know how you make out or if you have any questions.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: locally
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1proyer View Post
Anyone have a good way to create a play list on HD of BMW media? I find it cumbersome at best.

I know Car play would be the easiest fix, but was hoping someone would have a tip on doing it inside BMW entertainment console.

thanks
I have a Harmon Kardon system in my 18 440 vert and in our 19 X3. On my 440, I downloaded 125 of my favorite CD's onto the hard drive. I still have room to download another 150 CD's if I wanted to which I don't. Once the CD's were loaded it was a piece of cake to select my favorite cuts from each CD and create my personal playlist. Then I copied what I loaded into the 440 onto a chip and loaded it on our X3. It downloaded everything including my playlist and it works like a charm. Hope this helps if you have a HK system!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2020, 04:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Laura
Mein Auto: 2017 340i
I don't know if this is the approach you are looking for, but I just used my Ipad touch connected to the USB in the arm rest.
I have over 8000 songs, 20 or so play lists, and can sync to my desktop. Works for me!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search