N55 Oil Filter Housing oil and coolant leaks - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 06-25-2020, 01:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 435I M Sport
N55 Oil Filter Housing oil and coolant leaks

Hello Bimmer Techs and Fanatics,
I took my coupe in for an oil change, drove 134 miles afterwards and 2 days later a small oil puddle on the garage floor, seeping through the belly panel. First I thought the brass washer not installed on the oil pan because I had it happen to my 12 750Li XDRIVE. Once I took it back, they mechanic tested system with dye, made a complete mess of the engine bay in an attempt to tell me I had a major issue like HEADGASKET blown... I immediately went "SUPER SAYAN XXV" on him because I had just cleaned my engine bay and looked under the hood before leaving home... The nerve of a CROOK, right? SO he tells me $5500 to 40 hours of labor to replace the head gasket . WHAT THA FILTH AND FOUL.... So, I'm asking my Beemer Brothers, if
anyone out there has had problems with a leaking head gasket? The valve cover in great shape, replaced the oil filter housing and the 2 gaskets in it, as well as the intake manifold gaskets, still see little oil seepage but must be residue. I'm a disabled Veteran and I felt like i was shot again in a non conflicting battle by an automotive crooked sniper.

Please look at the oil filter housing first, many YOUTUBE videos on how to change it... also do it quick because it looks like a blown head gasket because the worn out gasket in the filter housing start to combine the oil with antifreeze and it makes the milky head gasket MUSH!!!! Changing oil and antifreeze too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2020, 09:41 AM
Apay Kapoy

Mein Auto: 2013 335i 02RSXMT 06ML350
Unfortunate to hear about what happened to you. This is one of the reasons why I Avoid the Stealerships like the plague and COVID-19. I have not had any problems with my head gasket.
Here's what I would do, I visit to the service manager and inform him/her that you did go in for any leak fix, just an oil change. No leak in your garage and no oil leak before the service was completed. If the tech saw the leak ahead of time, the tech should have told you. I don't think a head gasket leak would show leak that quick.
If you want, you can have an Indy look at the source of the leak to see if he can see anything suspicious.
Good luck and thank you for your service!
Bought Oct'12: Munich'13 F30 335i, RWD, AlpineWhite, Black Leather, M-Sport, DHP, PremiumPkg, TechPkg, 403M 19" wheels, Sport Auto paddle shifters, Heated front seats, HK, Alum Hex Trim/Estoril Blue accent, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, Sunroof, Alarm
Mod: Tint 35%, intake grill guard, Bimmer America Coding. Nankang 235/40/R19 AS, G-Max AS05 255/35/R19
Pro: Power, drive, look, space, mpg
Con: Depreciation, oil leak, crack plastic, melted door handles
105K mi Jul'20
Hergestellt in Deutschland
Old 06-27-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryboysUDM View Post
Unfortunate to hear about what happened to you. This is one of the reasons why I Avoid the Stealerships like the plague and COVID-19. I have not had any problems with my head gasket.
Here's what I would do, I visit to the service manager and inform him/her that you did go in for any leak fix, just an oil change. No leak in your garage and no oil leak before the service was completed. If the tech saw the leak ahead of time, the tech should have told you. I don't think a head gasket leak would show leak that quick.
If you want, you can have an Indy look at the source of the leak to see if he can see anything suspicious.
Thanks Larry, will do.. but sometimes I think they're in on it . However I will try another "Stealership ... Like That!!! " Cool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryboysUDM View Post
Thanks Larry, will do.. but sometimes I think they're in on it . However I will try another "Stealership ... Like That!!! " Cool

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search