July 17th PD scheduled....question for those who have been there - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Performance Center Delivery

Performance Center Delivery
Are you interested in picking up your new BMW at the Performance Delivery Center in beautiful South Carolina? Get all your questions about picking up your car answered here by staff from the Performance Delivery Center and other members who have already had the experience! ... View the PDC Wiki -- View the Delivery Date Calendar -- Add Your Delivery Date to the Calendar

Old 07-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 335i Sport
July 17th PD scheduled....question for those who have been there

I won't be arriving to GSP until close to 11pm on the 16th. I am, unfortunately, unable to alter these travel plans. I called the hotel today...the restaurant closes at 10 and the bar stops serving food at 11.

Where do you recommend we eat? Would the hotel have some food sent to our room before they close their kitchen? Should we just grab some food before we fly out? Anywhere nearby to eat something late at night?

2013 335i Sport Line PPK | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZDH | ZCW | 2TB | ZTP | ZPP | 508+3AG | 5AC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: '13 E92 M3, '01 E46 330Ci
I'd probably just eat before you fly. The PCD is an early start. Getting rest will be hard enough... if you're out late, you're going to have a rough morning!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee View Post
I'd probably just eat before you fly. The PCD is an early start. Getting rest will be hard enough... if you're out late, you're going to have a rough morning!
I laugh in the face of rough mornings. You're probably right, though. Unfortunately, Philly airport food is not something I'm very excited about.

2013 335i Sport Line PPK | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZDH | ZCW | 2TB | ZTP | ZPP | 508+3AG | 5AC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC View Post
I laugh in the face of rough mornings. You're probably right, though. Unfortunately, Philly airport food is not something I'm very excited about.
Depends on where you're flying out of. Sky Asian Bistro, Terminal C is great. But I'm biased a little... I work for the parent company.

Seriously though, you could grab dinner in Philly and still have plenty of time to catch a flight, esp. if you're landing 11ish.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Depends on where you're flying out of. Sky Asian Bistro, Terminal C is great. But I'm biased a little... I work for the parent company.

Seriously though, you could grab dinner in Philly and still have plenty of time to catch a flight, esp. if you're landing 11ish.
Connecting through philly....long boring travel story....anyway, I'll check out the Bistro :P

Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 AM

Mein Auto: 128i convertible
I think your options are to buy something you can carry on the plane and eat it, See if your flight has an overpriced "meal" you can eat on the plane, take a chance you can get something in GSP on the other end (you can call them at 864.877.7426 and maybe find out if anything will be open, I doubt it), convince the shuttle driver for the hotel to stop (there is fast food available along the route but it would be a little out of the way) or maybe get the Marriott to help you order something to be brought to the hotel. There isn't anything in easy walking distance of the Marriott.

My information is quite dated but Philly used to have some decent food service but you had to go out of the wings where the gates are to the connecting walkway. You don't always have the time to go "food shopping" however. There is a lot more at Philly than at GSP. It is a tiny airport with one restrauant.

My choice in these circumstances is to eat something light before the flight and carry a snack on the plane (usually for me it is a bag of trail mix). This is a lousy choice versus the Marriott meal you would have received but it will keep you nourished and you'll get a couple good meals, at least, the next day.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:36 PM

Mein Auto: SC - USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC View Post
I won't be arriving to GSP until close to 11pm on the 16th. I am, unfortunately, unable to alter these travel plans. I called the hotel today...the restaurant closes at 10 and the bar stops serving food at 11.

Where do you recommend we eat? Would the hotel have some food sent to our room before they close their kitchen? Should we just grab some food before we fly out? Anywhere nearby to eat something late at night?
There are a lot of great restaurants in Greenville but open after 11 in that area basically leaves you with Fast Food or a Bar. The Marriot is off Pelham road which is loaded with restaurants but I suspect most are closed by the time you get there since it will be close to 11:30/11:45.

I live in Greenville but since I have a 7 year old I don't even remember the last time I ate out after 8pm so I can't really be sure anyplace is open at that time outside of the Walmart when I went on emergency diaper runs 5 years ago!
Old 07-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrena View Post
I live in Greenville but since I have a 7 year old I don't even remember the last time I ate out after 8pm so I can't really be sure anyplace is open at that time outside of the Walmart when I went on emergency diaper runs 5 years ago!
Bonus points if KLC gets dinner at Walmart at midnight!
Old 07-03-2013, 03:32 PM

Mein Auto: SC - USA
Quote:
Bonus points if KLC gets dinner at Walmart at midnight!
Nothing completes the PCD experience like Midnight dinner at the Walmart Cafe! Though if you want to go upscale there is a Waffle House on the other side of the bridge.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:08 AM

Waffle House or wal mart... So many decisions.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Performance Center Delivery
Today's Posts Search