eas - DICE iPod Integration Available for BMW! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Site Sponsors & Bimmerfest Group Buys

Site Sponsors & Bimmerfest Group Buys
Looking to get some great BMW parts for your car? Get the latest info on sponsor group buys, new products or simply ask a site sponsor a question here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-09-2006, 09:32 PM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,879
Mein Auto: BMW
eas - DICE iPod Integration Available for BMW!

eas – DICE iPod Integration Kit for BMW

Contact: Tom G.

european auto source (eas)
Phone: 714.369.8524
www.europeanautosource.com
[email protected]

DICE REDEFINES IN-CAR IPOD INTEGRATION!!

We are proud to release our newest item to our website - the DICE ipod Integration Kit for BMW.



Factory iPod integration from DICE! Connect your iPod to your BMW’s Audio System and hear what your iPod should sound like in pure 100% CD-quality sound. You are in complete control of the iPod from your radio, steering wheel or the iPod’s clickwheel. Always keeps your iPod charged and ready to go. The DICE iPod integration kit will also display text from your iPod allowing you to view song title and artist name right on your radio's display.



A clean factory looking installation is possible with our sleek iPod cradle and hidden installations can be done with our docking cable.

The DICE iPod integration kit consists of the DICE module, BMW-specific trunk harness and iPod docking cable. A video-enabled cradle will be released soon.
New features of DICE iPod Integration kit include:

1. iPod is now fully unlocked while connected to DICE integration kit. You are allowed full access of your iPod’s features as well as the following browsing options:

• Album Selection
• Song Selection
• Playlist Selection
• Chapter Selection (Audible/Audiobooks)

You can browse your iPod with the steering wheel, radio or Navigation buttons and the iPod (or any combination of the three) without booting into separate modes. Allowing the iPod to remain in “iPod UI” allows for the user to still rate songs and create “on the go” playlists.

2. AUX compatibility with user-adjustable Sound Output settings:

• Volume Output (selectable 1-100)
• Bass (selectable 1-100)
• Midrange (selectable 1-100)
• Treble (selectable 1-100)

3. ID3 text output

• Features Song Title/Artist and Album information on your Navigation or Radio Display

4. Charging of your iPod while in play, never have a dead iPod again!

Vehicle Compatibility

The DICE iPod integration kit is compatible with the following vehicles:

1996-2006 3-series (excluding iDrive)
1997-2003 5-series
09/1998-2001 7-series
2004-2006 X3
2000-2006 X5
1996-2002 Z3
1999-2002 M-Roadster/Coupe
2001-2006 M3
2000-2003 M5
2000-2003 Z8
2002-2006 Mini Cooper/Cooper S
2000-2005 K1200LT Motorcycle

Flash Demo - DICE iPod Kit in Action

Here you can see a 2-minute demo of the DICE kit in action on a 3-series BMW w/ Business CD:


Link: http://www.europeanautosource.com/im...y/eas_dice.swf

Ordering Information – special introductory price of $159!

ice>Link Plus is available for preorder now and shipping starts in mid-May at $159 introductory pricing. Those who preorder beforehand will also get free shipping.

Link: Order Now!

Upgrades

For a limited time, we are offering those with an existing ice>Link Plus system an upgrade to the DICE integration kit for a introductory price of $99. Those who preorder beforehand will also get free shipping.

Upgrade Link: Order Now!

Screen Shots:







DICE will also be releasing a Video-out capable iPod cradle in the upcoming weeks, this will be on the website soon for preordering. As always, questions are welcome via the forum, email or phone.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 05-10-2006, 06:28 PM
01silber's Avatar
01silber 01silber is offline
Im here
Location: San Antonio, Texas
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,825
Send a message via AIM to 01silber
Mein Auto: 2001 Z3 3.0i
Does this work with the bmw branded traffic pro? and does it offer ID3 tags if the traffic pro does support it? I saw the album and song and but never the name of the song, Did I miss it or ??
thanks
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-10-2006, 06:30 PM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,879
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01silber
Does this work with the bmw branded traffic pro? and does it offer ID3 tags if the traffic pro does support it? I saw the album and song and but never the name of the song, Did I miss it or ??
thanks
You will be able to see Artist/Song Title/Album information on the radio display. Unfortunately, this will not be able display text on the Traffic Pro units.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 05-10-2006, 08:47 PM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,879
Mein Auto: BMW
Comparison Chart of the 3 major BMW iPod integration kits

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-10-2006, 11:43 PM
islandbeef's Avatar
islandbeef islandbeef is offline
Fas kine Touring, Brah!
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 259
Send a message via AIM to islandbeef Send a message via Yahoo to islandbeef
Mein Auto: 2011 Acura TSX Touring
Looks cool. Where can I get it installed professionally?
__________________
Al



1999 528iT Sport - Titanium Metallic - Tint - OEM M-Pars - Hella Halogen AEs - OEM M5 Grilles - Clears - Teflon - SOLD
2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon - Forged Silver Metallic - Tint - Stock

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-11-2006, 08:42 AM
KrisL's Avatar
KrisL KrisL is offline
Ubergeek
Location: San Jose, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 15,646
Send a message via AIM to KrisL Send a message via Yahoo to KrisL
Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbeef
Looks cool. Where can I get it installed professionally?

Any stereo shop should be able to handle it. Plugging it in takes 30 seconds - the rest is running the cable and mounting the cradle wherever you choose.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-11-2006, 08:46 AM
KrisL's Avatar
KrisL KrisL is offline
Ubergeek
Location: San Jose, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 15,646
Send a message via AIM to KrisL Send a message via Yahoo to KrisL
Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
Tom,

This sounds great! The icelink/ipod mode thing (and how I use my ipod) always bugged me. .


Question for you regarding navigation:
With the icelink plus and text to nav enabled, whenever a song/artist name was > 8 characters (lets be real, 99% of song+artists are >8 characters) it would continually scroll the name on the NAV screen. Whenever it's updating the text (as it always is when scrolling), the map is not displayed. Therefore, with text on the nav, the navigation system is almost unusable.

It would be useful if it would simply scroll in the background (view by pressing the button next to INFO which normally toggles between the map view and the radio station/sirius (if installed).

It'd be nice if an option existed to also scroll through the artist/title once at the beginning of each song, then return to NAV.



How's the DICE work in this regard?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-11-2006, 08:50 AM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,879
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbeef
Looks cool. Where can I get it installed professionally?
Since you are in the LA area - we can perform the installation as well.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-11-2006, 12:17 PM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,879
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL
Tom,

This sounds great! The icelink/ipod mode thing (and how I use my ipod) always bugged me. .


Question for you regarding navigation:
With the icelink plus and text to nav enabled, whenever a song/artist name was > 8 characters (lets be real, 99% of song+artists are >8 characters) it would continually scroll the name on the NAV screen. Whenever it's updating the text (as it always is when scrolling), the map is not displayed. Therefore, with text on the nav, the navigation system is almost unusable.

It would be useful if it would simply scroll in the background (view by pressing the button next to INFO which normally toggles between the map view and the radio station/sirius (if installed).

It'd be nice if an option existed to also scroll through the artist/title once at the beginning of each song, then return to NAV.

How's the DICE work in this regard?
This was true in firmware v2B1, 2B2 corrected this issue on the ice>Link - unless I'm misunderstanding. The DICE kit will function in the same way with text, adding Album text to the string for display as well.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-11-2006, 08:33 PM
pscalz pscalz is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 20
Mein Auto:
Installation

We just got our 2nd BMW. We are looking for installation in Houston, TX if we purchase your product for an 06 X3.

Do you have anyone in Houston who you reccommed?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-11-2006, 08:42 PM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,879
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pscalz
We just got our 2nd BMW. We are looking for installation in Houston, TX if we purchase your product for an 06 X3.

Do you have anyone in Houston who you reccommed?

Thanks
No one I can recommend personally, but any 12V audio installation facility should be up for the install - it can be performed in under 30 minutes in the X3.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-21-2006, 05:50 PM
KrisL's Avatar
KrisL KrisL is offline
Ubergeek
Location: San Jose, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 15,646
Send a message via AIM to KrisL Send a message via Yahoo to KrisL
Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas
This was true in firmware v2B1, 2B2 corrected this issue on the ice>Link - unless I'm misunderstanding. The DICE kit will function in the same way with text, adding Album text to the string for display as well.

Ah - I never used any of the newer firmware. I gave my icelink plus to a co-worker that was experiencing problems with his icelink. Since I didn't like having to use icelink mode, I didn't have any need for the newer unit. My icelink 1.1 is still workin great .

....but this DICE, allowing me to stay in 'ipod' mode and control the ipod with its controls.. AND move the text to the nav... now that's intriguing. I could actually move the ipod to my center console/armrest and keep it hidden AND still control it the way I want. This is


You say a video enabled cradle will be available soon - I assume this will put an ipod video's display on the nav screen and keep all of the other features? Count me in! awesome. Now you're going to make me spend money on an iPod video too, damnit...

Do you have an eta for this unit?

Does the dice use the same cradle and data cable as the icelink 1.1/plus? Just curious if I'll need to run a new cable.

Thanks Tom!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-21-2006, 05:57 PM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,879
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL
Ah - I never used any of the newer firmware. I gave my icelink plus to a co-worker that was experiencing problems with his icelink. Since I didn't like having to use icelink mode, I didn't have any need for the newer unit. My icelink 1.1 is still workin great .

....but this DICE, allowing me to stay in 'ipod' mode and control the ipod with its controls.. AND move the text to the nav... now that's intriguing. I could actually move the ipod to my center console/armrest and keep it hidden AND still control it the way I want. This is


You say a video enabled cradle will be available soon - I assume this will put an ipod video's display on the nav screen and keep all of the other features? Count me in! awesome. Now you're going to make me spend money on an iPod video too, damnit...

Do you have an eta for this unit?

Does the dice use the same cradle and data cable as the icelink 1.1/plus? Just curious if I'll need to run a new cable.

Thanks Tom!
The cradle will be video enabled, we have pictures of it on the site already (I also have you on the waiting list already):

DICE iPod Cradle w/ Video Support
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...roducts_id=269

The video out port is on the rear of the cradle, you will still need the Video Source Module to get the video content on your stock NAV Screen.

BTW - both the DICE and the ice>Link use the same trunk harness and iPod dock cable.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-21-2006, 06:02 PM
KrisL's Avatar
KrisL KrisL is offline
Ubergeek
Location: San Jose, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 15,646
Send a message via AIM to KrisL Send a message via Yahoo to KrisL
Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas
The video out port is on the rear of the cradle, you will still need the Video Source Module to get the video content on your stock NAV Screen.

Aah, gotcha. It'd be really hot if both the DICE and the Video Source Module were combined.... seems like a match made in geek heaven.

If for no other reason - to only have to run one cable instead of two. Perhaps you don't even use all of the connections in the existing cable...

Hm... I may have to do some prodding with my multimeter.
__________________

Last edited by KrisL; 05-21-2006 at 06:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-21-2006, 06:08 PM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,879
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL
Aah, gotcha. It'd be really hot if both the DICE and the Video Source Module were combined.... seems like a match made in geek heaven.

If for no other reason - to only have to run one cable instead of two. Perhaps you don't even use all of the connections in the existing cable...

Hm... I may have to do some prodding with my multimeter.
You only use one connection - the cradle. The module and connections are all hidden in the trunk area.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-21-2006, 08:15 PM
KrisL's Avatar
KrisL KrisL is offline
Ubergeek
Location: San Jose, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 15,646
Send a message via AIM to KrisL Send a message via Yahoo to KrisL
Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas
You only use one connection - the cradle. The module and connections are all hidden in the trunk area.

Right - but you say that there's a video output on the cradle, right?

So on the bottom of the cradle, there's two connections: one to the dice, the other for the video module.

I'm saying that it'd be nice to be able to send the video signal through the dice(icelink) cable that I already have running to the trunk.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-21-2006, 08:20 PM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,879
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL
Right - but you say that there's a video output on the cradle, right?

So on the bottom of the cradle, there's two connections: one to the dice, the other for the video module.

I'm saying that it'd be nice to be able to send the video signal through the dice(icelink) cable that I already have running to the trunk.
If this video cradle is used, only one RCA cable will need to run from the trunk area to the front - which will be your video signal. From the outside - this will not be seen.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-21-2006, 08:24 PM
KrisL's Avatar
KrisL KrisL is offline
Ubergeek
Location: San Jose, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 15,646
Send a message via AIM to KrisL Send a message via Yahoo to KrisL
Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas
If this video cradle is used, only one RCA cable will need to run from the trunk area to the front - which will be your video signal. From the outside - this will not be seen.

Understood - I'm just not excited about getting another cable under the rear carpet .

If two of the wires in the harness that are already run are unused, I can splice the video cable into either side.

I need to be saving my money anyway. I'm getting married 2 wks from yesterday and I'm flat broke .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-21-2006, 08:27 PM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,879
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL
Understood - I'm just not excited about getting another cable under the rear carpet .

If two of the wires in the harness that are already run are unused, I can splice the video cable into either side.

I need to be saving my money anyway. I'm getting married 2 wks from yesterday and I'm flat broke .
Maybe another bundle of OEM wiring in the vehicle, but all of the wiring within the ice>Link harness is used.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-21-2006, 08:33 PM
KrisL's Avatar
KrisL KrisL is offline
Ubergeek
Location: San Jose, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 15,646
Send a message via AIM to KrisL Send a message via Yahoo to KrisL
Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas
Maybe another bundle of OEM wiring in the vehicle, but all of the wiring within the ice>Link harness is used.

Ok, thanks Tom.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-23-2006, 11:46 AM
truelies truelies is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 582
Mein Auto: 528i 2000
Tom:

Do you include the install instruction with the purchase? So I can install it myself.
Also can you post a picture with the ipod installed, I want to know how it look likes after complete.

Last edited by truelies; 05-23-2006 at 12:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-23-2006, 11:50 AM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,879
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by truelies
Tom:

Do you include the install instruction with the purchase? So I can install it myself.
Full instructions as well as telephone support is available through eas if needed! This is intended to be a DIY job.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-24-2006, 06:58 AM
truelies truelies is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 582
Mein Auto: 528i 2000
Can you post some pictures with the ipod installed, I worried whether the line fullly hid, how much modification need to be done to my BMW?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-24-2006, 08:22 AM
nowonder's Avatar
nowonder nowonder is offline
meh
Location: West Chester, PA
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,941
Mein Auto: Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas

Vehicle Compatibility

The DICE iPod integration kit is compatible with the following vehicles:

1996-2006 3-series (excluding iDrive)
1997-2003 5-series
09/1998-2001 7-series
2004-2006 X3
2000-2006 X5
1996-2002 Z3
1999-2002 M-Roadster/Coupe
2001-2006 M3
2000-2003 M5
2000-2003 Z8
2002-2006 Mini Cooper/Cooper S
2000-2005 K1200LT Motorcycle
I have a 2003 BMW Z4 with navigation. I noticed it's not on your list, but it is on the the list on your website. Can you confirm it will work? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-24-2006, 09:01 AM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,879
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by truelies
Can you post some pictures with the ipod installed, I worried whether the line fullly hid, how much modification need to be done to my BMW?
Installed it's just a docking cable coming out from wherever you want in the cabin area. Most people choose the glovebox, sunglass holder or use the eurotray.

No modifications are needed for your BMW, you simply plug in the kit and go!
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Site Sponsors & Bimmerfest Group Buys
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW announces new iPod integration for iDrive equipped (MOST BUSS) vehicles cobradav E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010) 38 10-22-2009 04:56 PM
Chrysler and Apple announce iPod integration sunra E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) 25 01-11-2006 12:08 PM
Apple iPod/BMW integration article in WSJ jben General BMW Questions 4 08-06-2004 08:54 PM
Apple to Introduce a Cheaper iPod Spiderm0n Off-Topic 19 01-06-2004 05:09 PM
My latest mod--it's hot. JST General BMW Questions 14 03-11-2002 01:52 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.