Bbq meet in Socal - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M's
Bbq meet in Socal

Time to bring out the freshly wash/ wax beast you have and come and meet/ chat with your fellow board members for a Bbq, detail session and audio consultation ...Wheel Power and Eurobahn ( http://www.eurobahn.us/ ) was kind enough to host the meet...
here's the address http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cl...=directions-to

Guys feel free to bring bbq and drinks ...

Suggestions are welcome

10 a.m till ?

Btw there will be a dent expert who will be attending the meet so if you have some dents to be fixed, he can probably work on your car during the meet

Old 06-02-2007, 04:18 AM

Mein Auto:
Am I missing something? What is the date?
Old 06-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Living a dream!

Mein Auto: 2017 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHR4CE1 View Post
Am I missing something? What is the date?
Bear, It was yesterday... they ran out of burgers so they started serving filet mignon. It was all you can eat as well. How could you miss this?

(I found in another forum that it is actually June 16th)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2007, 09:29 AM

June 16th (saturday) 2007

Sorry forgot to put the date on the initial thread ...Thanks Gene
Old 06-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
Neither link works and should not the company post this?

i.e. They are inviting their customers or anyone?
Old 06-02-2007, 09:39 AM

Here ya go

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cl...=directions-to
Old 06-02-2007, 11:00 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneArch View Post
Bear, It was yesterday... they ran out of burgers so they started serving filet mignon. It was all you can eat as well. How could you miss this?
(I found in another forum that it is actually June 16th)

Ah, that makes perfect sense!

Thank God I'm a Lacto-vegetarian (yea, right!)

Actually, not only was the June 16th date absent from the initial post, but the location seemed somewhat enigmatic. The "directions" link didn't really give the actual address of the event, and when you navigated to the listed website, it mentioned a Santa Ana address for "Written correspondence (spelled incorrectly) ONLY"; which turned out NOT to be the address after all.

I can't imagine why I was so confused!?!?!?
Old 06-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
I can have a meet in Calabasas that day and serve beer, foo-foo drinks and meat hamburgers. Anyone interested? If so I can post proper directions, map and spell correspondence correctly, too.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:12 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer View Post
I can have a meet in Calabasas that day and serve beer, foo-foo drinks and meat hamburgers. Anyone interested? If so I can post proper directions, map and spell correspondence correctly, too.
You picked the PERFECT day for your party, Mal. I will be out of town.

Think of the $$$ you'll save on FOOD!
Old 06-02-2007, 02:40 PM

Mein Auto: 650i Coupe (soon)
S**t! I just gave up red meat.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:44 PM

Mein Auto:
Did you go this morning Bear?
Old 06-02-2007, 03:43 PM

Guys i tried fixing the thread ( date and location ) but it won't allow me so pls. bear with the mistakes and come to the meet...it'll be fun
Old 06-02-2007, 05:38 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMN View Post
Did you go this morning Bear?
Yup, we were there till about 8:45. You?
Old 06-02-2007, 07:05 PM

Mein Auto:
Yeah man, we were parked along the left of the entrance facing all the aisles. There was a dropped Benz couple of black ol skool Jags at the beginning of the row we were parked on. We brought out the yellow GT3 and the 7. Got there late about 8am.

Pretty Good Showing, Nice Cars you were right.

Thanks, I will go again fo sho.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:29 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Pretty Good Showing, Nice Cars you were right.

Thanks, I will go again fo sho.
And this wasn't a "good" turnout. When it is sunny earlier in the day, you should SEE what shows up!
Old 06-02-2007, 10:31 PM

Mein Auto:
I am not going to lie, I was a bit taken back when I hit that corner on Gateway and all these people were lining the entrance and all their cameras go up. We just came to look at the cars but soon I remembered I am driving a Yellow GT3, not to subtle. I was trying to look behind me at what they were trying to see, until I realized it.

The drive down is gonna get me in trouble.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:47 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
I am not going to lie, I was a bit taken back when I hit that corner on Gateway and all these people were lining the entrance and all their cameras go up. We just came to look at the cars but soon I remembered I am driving a Yellow GT3, not to subtle. I was trying to look behind me at what they were trying to see, until I realized it.

The drive down is gonna get me in trouble.
You'll have to get used to that at this event. It's not like the old days when cameras used actual FILM, a “one time use” item. Nowadays…people will take TONS of PICS of everything they see and then just delete what they don’t want. You ought to see the videos that appear on YouTube by 10 AM on the day of the event. Just do a search for “Cars and Coffee” and you will see what some folks deem as video worthy!

The ride THERE doesn’t get me in as much trouble as the ride HOME; when I am heading back to the freeway in a flock of other exceedingly quick cars…adrenaline flowing down to the “M” button. And Mal will be exultant to know that the trek back towards the 405 from the parking lot is one of those exceptional instances when I actually shift manually!

It would be terrific to get a group from this forum to attend and park together. Next week, there is a detail clinic in Placentia right after the Cars & Coffee GTG. The signup list should be posted here soon. http://www.showcardetailing.com/foru...splay.php?f=95
Old 06-03-2007, 07:04 AM

Mein Auto:
Man this is a tough group....the guy is trying to invite you to a bbq and the flames on the thread are hotter than on the grill!

Bear...you guys should come over to Donut Derelicts one Sat. AM and see us there.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:20 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT Viper View Post
Bear...you guys should come over to Donut Derelicts one Sat. AM and see us there.
Where and when?
Old 06-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Graham

Mein Auto: 2004 645i Coupe
Quote:

So can I: correspondents
TOD Dragonslayer '07
Old 06-03-2007, 08:42 AM

It's all good as long as they're able to come to the meet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT Viper View Post
Man this is a tough group....the guy is trying to invite you to a bbq and the flames on the thread are hotter than on the grill!

Old 06-03-2007, 09:01 AM

Mein Auto:
Maybe I am spoiled but the Sunday meets at the Village Coffee Roaster in Calabasas have a couple hundred cars, including several M6 verts, and the usual suspects, Lambos, Ferraris, AMs, AMG Mercs, an SLR, a GTR, Bentley GTs, lots of the "lesser" cars, etc., etc. And they're only 5 miles from my house.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
Quote:
Maybe I am spoiled but the Sunday meets at the Village Coffee Roaster in Calabasas have a couple hundred cars, including several M6 verts, and the usual suspects, Lambos, Ferraris, AMs, AMG Mercs, an SLR, a GTR, Bentley GTs, lots of the "lesser" cars, etc., etc. And they're only 5 miles from my house.
We understand Mal. Once you hit a certain age, one is less willing to venture to far from the home.

The M6 was made for trips to the gocery store and not for open road cruising. So I am sure you are getting your money's worth.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:12 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
We understand Mal. Once you hit a certain age, one is less willing to venture to far from the home.

The M6 was made for trips to the gocery store and not for open road cruising. So I am sure you are getting your money's worth.
Hmmmm. I drove to Bimmerfest -- with the top open both ways -- in less than an hour. I drive to work and to all of the outlying courthouses in LA County in the rattlebox. Top open when weather and hairdo permit. When I go to the store I usually take one of the Dodge boys. When I want to cruise on the freeway I take the Merc. The BMW is more for the twisties than anything else, IMHO.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:29 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Malibu, what is the info on those meets, times, address etc.

I think I am getting hooked on these, never was into them but it is very easy to get hooked.

I will ride out your way, maybe Bear and I or anyone else can meet somewhere and ride out. I am in the SouthBay not to far from Long Beach.

Let me know, I'm game.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search