Terrible wait time at PC - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:29 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
Terrible wait time at PC

I just heard really depressing news today.

I ordered a car for PCD last week. Due to heavy reservation schedule, Earliest spot i can reserve is Early November. My car is already half way through production and expected to land in US by 3rd week of September.

If I reserve PCD, My brand new car will be weeping every single night for more than a month.

This is heads up for people who have not yet reserve the PCD or planning to do PCD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 11:38 AM
xDriver

Mein Auto: 2013 328xi Sport Line
I don't know much about this, but is this something they are willing to work with you on? In other words, could you take delivery of the car and then bring it back for the PCD day a month and a half later. Seems like they wouldn't have any particular interest in storing your car for 6 months anyway...

| 2013 BMW xDrive | Sport Line | Sapphire Black | Dakota Black/Red Leather |
Old 08-28-2013, 12:28 PM

Mein Auto: SC - USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by reminisquare View Post

I ordered a car for PCD last week. Due to heavy reservation schedule, Earliest spot i can reserve is Early November. My car is already half way through production and expected to land in US by 3rd week of September.

If I reserve PCD, My brand new car will be weeping every single night for more than a month.

This is heads up for people who have not yet reserve the PCD or planning to do PCD.
I just went through this and they won't move the date until your car is closer since a lot of things can delay it and they don't want to cause a hardship for travelers with changing schedules. I ordered mine in late May and was given a mid-Sept PCD date. Since I am local my CA told them we were flexible on the dates and could take delivery with very little notice. In the end we did PCD in early august and only delayed delivery vs taking it at the dealer by about 10 days.

If you read the letter it actually says you can flex the date by 10 business days earlier or later than the assigned date so if they told you the date was November 1st you can likely flex it to mid-Oct right off the bat then have your CA call when your car is on the boat and ask for an earlier date. I think it helps if you are willing to take any day since I got the impression (Though I wasn't told this) that most people want a Monday or Friday.

I also think that the PCD can also be canceled up until the car passes your regional port. So if you are in the southeast you can cancel the PCD and take delivery at your dealer as long as you make the change before it hits Brunswick. You should confirm this with your CA since I never tested this theory and it was something my CA told me.

The PCD is a wonderful experience and I personally felt it was worth the wait. The team there does an amazing job and it made for an absolutely amazing experience. If you can wait then do so, you won't regret it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 02:02 PM

Mein Auto: 435i 6MT
Quote:

Thank you for the heads up. I have a 435 in production right now and doing PCD. I emailed my CA to see if a PCD has been schedule yet!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:12 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker View Post
Thank you for the heads up. I have a 435 in production right now and doing PCD. I emailed my CA to see if a PCD has been schedule yet!
Update me what happens, Im still couldn't decide whether waiting 5-6 more weeks for PCD is worth it.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. 328xi View Post
I don't know much about this, but is this something they are willing to work with you on? In other words, could you take delivery of the car and then bring it back for the PCD day a month and a half later. Seems like they wouldn't have any particular interest in storing your car for 6 months anyway...
No. Performance Center Delivery is not available after the fact. That is not the way the program works.

Present - '06 E90 330i sport; Past - '04 E46 ZHP, '00 E46 328i
www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:45 PM
xDriver

Mein Auto: 2013 328xi Sport Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
No. Performance Center Delivery is not available after the fact. That is not the way the program works.
That's what I figured, but wasn't sure with such a long delay if they'd work with the OP. Personally, I'd be far too impatient to wait an extra 6 weeks...maybe if they just let me loose on the track for the whole day or something...

| 2013 BMW xDrive | Sport Line | Sapphire Black | Dakota Black/Red Leather |
Old 08-28-2013, 02:55 PM

Mein Auto: Honda Accord/Ford F-150
Terrible wait time at PC

My PCD was scheduled for 10/17 on 8/8. My CA told me that was the earliest date available at the time. So your dates sound right. My car finished production last Tuesday. I guess I wait.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-30-2013, 04:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328 xi
My car arrived in charleston today and I do not have a PCD time yet. I was SA build I booked a one day drive school for Sept 14 I hope to get it after that its a long walk back to NY
Old 08-30-2013, 05:24 PM

Terrible wait time at PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieflpc View Post
My car arrived in charleston today and I do not have a PCD time yet. I was SA build I booked a one day drive school for Sept 14 I hope to get it after that its a long walk back to NY
I'll pick you up in PA on October 19th (after my 8/17 PCD) on my way by as I live in NY as well.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:25 PM

Terrible wait time at PC

I meant 10/17 PCD...

Old 08-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 528i M-Sport
I think its worth the wait. My car sat there for over a month before I took delivery.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:31 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2017 M3
PCD has been so successful that the backlog will only get worse before it gets better (and only if)...
Old 08-30-2013, 08:08 PM

Mein Auto: 435i 6MT
Quote:
Update me what happens, Im still couldn't decide whether waiting 5-6 more weeks for PCD is worth it.
My CA emailed me back and said that the Performance Center could not schedule me yet because the car (435) was a new model year and would be held up for the normal government certifications. Here is the actual contents from the PCD email to my CA:

Unfortunately, this production number is a new model or new model year and we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. EPA and CARB Certifications are issued by the government and must be obtained for every model every year, regardless of any change (or not) in the production of the vehicle. The vehicle will remain at the VDC/VPC until approvals are all holds have been removed. The vehicle will not ship to The BMW Performance Center or your BMW Retail Center.

Please inform your client that we will contact you with a delivery date as soon as all EPA and CARB Certifications have been received by BMWNA and the Monroney/EPA and Release holds have been removed.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:55 AM
DCRiggs

Mein Auto: e91
My experience...

I went had the same problem with my f31 328d -- my car was already sitting in the US port but they would not schedule my PCD because the EPA/CARB certification had not yet been cleared. I was concerned since I had read about the long PCP delays.

But the day the EPA/CARB certification was completed in mid August they offered me a fast delivery date less than 3 weeks later -the first of September! I am away the first week of Sept., so they were able to schedule it on Sept 12 -- much better than I had anticipated...

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search