Carplay - how does multitasking / Google Maps work ? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 07-12-2019, 05:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to drdavidge
Mein Auto: 2000 323i SP
Carplay - how does multitasking / Google Maps work ?

Hey, I've been in the market for a CPO x5 and was going to wait to find a 2017 so I could get one with Carplay, but I just realized it might not be able to do what I want it to do. I'm a big Google Maps user and currently (in my 3 series) use a magnet holder on my AC vent to hold my phone running Google Maps while I use the car radio like normal. The thought of wirelessly streaming Google Maps to the built in screen sounds awesome.. but will I be able to listen to the regular BMW radio while Google Maps is running through Carplay? If not, I almost think I should just get a '16 without Carplay instead of paying up for a '17 with Carplay. Anyone know how it works?

Last edited by drdavidge; 07-12-2019 at 05:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2019, 06:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 E53 4.4
I donít have CarPlay in my X5 but I do in my RV and I believe they work similarly. You can use an audio source separately from whatís on the iPhone screen, i.e. Spotify or pioneer in my case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search