BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

CarPlay on x1 with Navigation Plus

151K views 847 replies 327 participants last post by  Adalbert_77 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2018 x1 and was told I could add Apple Car Play through BMW Connected by dealer for $300. The option doesn?t exist for me in BMW Connected. BMW Genius now says it needs to be ordered with the car to have the option. Is there any way to retrofit this? I have Navigation Plus on the car? Thanks!

#2 ·
I cannot reply to your PM:

"hdsmitty has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Please enable PM Receive function.

#6 ·
There is no way that I know to get a 143 CarPlay FSC Code for ENTRYNAV or ENTRYNAV2.

#8 ·
I was not saying it is not possible from factory to get CarPlay via Provisioning. The issue is activating CarPlay after the fact, and there is no way as of now to get the needed 143 FSC Code for ENTRYNAV or ENTRYNAV2 Head Unit.

#11 ·
I believe I have NBT2 EVO as I have a premium package. I asked BMW and they told me as below.

Dear Customer,

Vehicles that comes with an active CarPlay from factory have code 6CP embedded.

Vehicles that are eligible to purchase CarPlay after factory must have 609 (Professional navigation), 6AK (ConnectedDrive services) and one option code below:

6NS, 6NW, 6NP, 6U9 or 6FR.

Your vehicle has 609, 6AK codes. However, none of the other options required.

#12 · (Edited)
I believe I have NBT2 EVO as I have a premium package. I asked BMW and they told me as below.

Dear Customer,

Vehicles that comes with an active CarPlay from factory have code 6CP embedded.

Vehicles that are eligible to purchase CarPlay after factory must have 609 (Professional navigation), 6AK (ConnectedDrive services) and one option code below:

6NS, 6NW, 6NP, 6U9 or 6FR.

Your vehicle has 609, 6AK codes. However, none of the other options required.
Your car has 6UP Navigation Plus, which is ENTRYNAV2 Head Unit, not NBT2 EVO Head Unit, which as of now, CarPlay beyond factory order is not possible.

#14 ·
Hi all,
I have a question... i've a X1 xline 2.0da xdrive (2018) with pro navigation 6UP and connecteddrive 6AK. For CarPlay, it missing 6NS. it is possible to activate 6NS officially in a dealership BMW?

Thanks !
6UP is ENTRYNAV Head Unit. 6NS Coding shoudl work for it.

#19 ·
Can i retrofit my entrynav to a nbt evo (with CarPlay, enhanced bluetooth, rtti etc...).
What i need to change? can i keep my touchscreen 8.8 (6UP) and my touch controller? (just change the entrynav to a nbt evo?)

about the previous maintenance check information recorded in the entrynav... possible to transfert it in the new nbt evo?

Thanks

#20 · (Edited)
Yes, you can. I cannot advise on hardware specifics though. Car needs to have ATM module though to keep all Telematic functions such as RTTI.

#22 ·
Service history can be entered in replacement head unit. As for hardware, best bet is to talk to company / professional retrofitter and have them tell you.

#28 ·
the seller of the nbt don't have the donor vin...
i have meet a retrofitter this morning and he say me the car have all the component (atm, touchscreen etc...). Just need to change the entrynav to a nbt evo.
How can i check the seller nbt compatibility ? (pn: 8708256 from a f30)

thanks

#29 ·
You have to trust seller is providing what they say they are. And to cover yourself, you make payment via a protected means such as PayPal as opposed a direct Bank Transfer.

#33 ·
Any news about possible retrofit? I have X1_2018, Entrynav2 HU (with touchscreen), no AUX.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
CarPlay is possible. PM sent.

#39 ·
I don't know what is possible at time of order. In NBT2 Car, it is offered as a Subscription Service. I would expect ENTRYNAV2 to be the same.

#43 ·
Yes I Have a 2018 BMW X1 I can PM you my vin if needed but the Options I have for my radio is:
Am I eligible for car play?

6AK
Connecteddrive Services Connecteddrive Services

6AM
Real Time Traffic Information Real Time Traffic Information

6AP
Remote Services Remote Services

6UN
Navigation Navigation

#44 ·
Yes I Have a 2018 BMW X1 I can PM you my vin if needed but the Options I have for my radio is:
Am I eligible for car play?

6AK
Connecteddrive Services Connecteddrive Services

6AM
Real Time Traffic Information Real Time Traffic Information

6AP
Remote Services Remote Services

6UN
Navigation Navigation
Yes. PM sent.

#48 ·
Hi Shawn, I am looking for CarPlay on 2016 X1 too. Build date is Aug 2015.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
I think car this old will have older ENTRYNAV Head Unit, not newer ENTRNAV2, which is required for CarPlay. PM me your short VIN

#54 ·
For car without factory 6UN/6UP Navigation and ENTRYNMAV2 Head Unit I am not sure. If car still has ENTRYNAV2 Head Unit but no Navigation, as is common, in theory it is possible, although I can't say for sure.