2011 X3 LED Tail Light Mistery - Page 9 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - 2017)

X3 F25 (2011 - 2017)
The second generation X3 added style and new features to the BMW's mid-sized SUV. Talk about the BMW F25 X3 with other X3 owners now!

Old 08-26-2019, 08:52 AM

Mein Auto:
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by gglez View Post
Hi all!
Another led tail lights repaired.
Thanks to Ogee for help me with the info about components and board files!
I ordered boards from https://www.oshpark.com/
I ordered LDD-300L and resistors from https://www.mouser.es/
I ordered BM04B-XASS-TF(LF)(SN) from https://www.distrelec.biz
I choosed the solution with the resistors board and it went OK. Just plug the new boards and working again.
Here some photos:

Br,
gglez

Do you think you can help me with the Gerber files to order PCBs ?

Thank you !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2019, 12:43 PM
New entry into the dark s

Mein Auto: X3 20d Msport 2012
Hi I'm new here and from over the pond, I just wanted to say that getting the Meanwell solution over here proved harder than I thought it would so I bought a set of the hiperlights boards, an easy solution, however they cut the signal to my DAB!

Its worse on the left rear light which obliterates it, the one on the right just takes it out every 100 metres or so! So I am in the process of trying for a refund, however the language back so far makes me think I may well have to take it on the chin, I have found a UK supplier for the LDD 300L, which is slightly different to the ones used in the thread apart from the later ones with the circuit board, so I will see how that runs out, I have ordered one, if the DAB signal survives I will go with that on all 4 lights.

This place has been a great resource, I havent found as much info on the UK sites, so thanks very much everyone, a concurrent project will be to sort out the excessive inner front tyre wear, I am taking the same tack as we did with our e70 X5 and making the front toe as close to zero as possible and may even swerve runflats next time as when the summer tyres go back on I need a whole new set!
Old 01-08-2020, 03:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 97 740iL
wire harness

Anyone have a wire harness for the tail light LED they want to sell?
A tail light was replaced by a shop but they didn't include one. I already have a new LEAD board.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 X35i
If they replaced the tail light with a LED version Tail light, the harness is included. I had to replace of mine. It came complete.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rirrgang View Post
If they replaced the tail light with a LED version Tail light, the harness is included. I had to replace of mine. It came complete.
LOL I have the tail light. There is no LED board or harness in there. I already bought a new LED board so need the harness. This is the wire I need

Last edited by Bimmerman4ever; 01-08-2020 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:01 PM

They ordered the wrong tail light assy. Take it back and make them order the right one. The previous abuser of my x3 must of had an incident on the right rear and the body shop that "fixed" the car installed a non LED tail light. It cost me 250 bucks from eBay to buy the correct unit. With board and harness
Old 01-08-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
They ordered the wrong tail light assy. Take it back and make them order the right one. The previous abuser of my x3 must of had an incident on the right rear and the body shop that "fixed" the car installed a non LED tail light. It cost me 250 bucks from eBay to buy the correct unit. With board and harness
OMG... I just need the wire harness, not someone to create a revised scenario and what I should do.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:08 PM

So you'd rather go through the trouble of finding a harness instead of the shop fixing what they did wrong. Your the reason I don't post much here. I'm not trying to make your life harder. Go to the freakin shop that screwed you and make them fix it. Your welcome
Old 01-12-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
So you'd rather go through the trouble of finding a harness instead of the shop fixing what they did wrong. Your the reason I don't post much here. I'm not trying to make your life harder. Go to the freakin shop that screwed you and make them fix it. Your welcome
IF I COULD I WOULD! A shop did it some time ago, I don't know where or when. Didn't realize I needed to explain or include a back story to a simple request.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:27 AM

Understand. If it doesn't have a harness or board it also won't have the LED portion of the assembly. The non and with LED assemblies have different parts. As I said, the shop that replaced mine replaced it with a non led version. Cost me $250 to fix it right. Sorry for your trouble.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Understand. If it doesn't have a harness or board it also won't have the LED portion of the assembly. The non and with LED assemblies have different parts. As I said, the shop that replaced mine replaced it with a non led version. Cost me $250 to fix it right. Sorry for your trouble.
not looking for your drama just someone that has a light
Old 01-12-2020, 09:12 AM

I'm not having drama. Just trying to save you the trouble spending money on something that will not work. There are no LED's in your assembly. What I did was buy a new LED version on eBay for $250. After I replaced it I sold the NON LED Version on Ebay for $150. So my net was only $100 and 10 minutes of labor to replace them.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I'm not having drama. Just trying to save you the trouble spending money on something that will not work. There are no LED's in your assembly. What I did was buy a new LED version on eBay for $250. After I replaced it I sold the NON LED Version on Ebay for $150. So my net was only $100 and 10 minutes of labor to replace them.
That's a nice story but that wasn't what I was asking for. I went ahead and made my own.
Old Yesterday, 06:14 AM

Last time I'll post, I promise. So you have a tail light that had no board, no harness but it did have the LED light inside?

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
led tail lights, led taillights, lights dim, lights dont work, lights out

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - 2017)
Today's Posts Search