Connected App Locking - Lights stay on - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 02-13-2020, 05:17 PM

Mein Auto: '03 530 Spor
Connected App Locking - Lights stay on

When I lock my 2018 430i Convertible from the Connected App, the car doesn't turn "off" the same way it does if I lock it via the fob or comfort access. This means that the headlights stay on (if it's dark), the radio keeps playing, and the alarm doesn't arm. Obviously, this leads to a depleted battery very quickly.

Is this "normal" behavior? I've read about the alarm not arming, but the other two seem like a major issue / flaw?

I know a lot of people don't care for the app, and I'm not trying to start another Connected hating tread - I'm just trying to find out if the issue is specific to my car, or a general issues.

Thanks!
2003 530i Sport Titanium Silver
1990 Porsche 944S2 Cab Red
1989 Porsche 928S4 Baltic Blue (For Sale)
1982 Porsche 911SC White 46K original miles (For Sale)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2020, 05:36 AM
Spelling Impaired

Mein Auto: '16 435i
I have not had the same issues when remotely locking my car, but I also always fully turn it off with a double press of the starter button before getting out. Locking via the app may simply perform the function of locking the doors and it isn't designed to lock the doors and turn off all the operating electrical systems in the car.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Drop by and see what is new at my blog: The Car Geek
Old 02-15-2020, 03:19 PM
You Don't Need to Know

Mein Auto: '14 328xi Sport Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8dane View Post
When I lock my 2018 430i Convertible from the Connected App, the car doesn't turn "off" the same way it does if I lock it via the fob or comfort access. This means that the headlights stay on (if it's dark), the radio keeps playing, and the alarm doesn't arm. Obviously, this leads to a depleted battery very quickly.

Is this "normal" behavior? I've read about the alarm not arming, but the other two seem like a major issue / flaw?

I know a lot of people don't care for the app, and I'm not trying to start another Connected hating tread - I'm just trying to find out if the issue is specific to my car, or a general issues.

Thanks!
So you are getting out of the car without pressing the Start button 2x, walking away with the lights and radio on, and then locking with the app instead of with the door handle or fob?

No--that is NOT "normal behavior".

The app is an "Oh--I forgot to lock my car" safeguard.

2014 328i xDrive | Black Sapphire / Black Red Dakota | Sport Line | Premium Pkg | Lighting Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | Driver Assistance | Nav | Sport Automatic Transmission

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search