BMW E65 individual - Page 4 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion of BMW's 4th generation E65/E66 7 Series flagship. The E65 generated much controversy, due to its radical styling and iDrive user difficulties. Nonetheless, the E65 broke records to become the best-selling 7-series iteration ever, especially after its 2005 facelift.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E66 760Li individual
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
I was planning to do a build log of some sort later on but these are the ones I bought

All New 11.6 Inch Android 9.0 Car Headrest Monitor for BMW Back Seat Support WiFi 4K Touch Screen Video Hidden Bracket
https://a.aliexpress.com/_UFnDs

They also have this UI that is pretty much the same as the one used in the G11

Here's the G11 screens for reference

I will try to figure out how to get my oem idrive to show up on these ones and I will try to change the boot up splash screen to this

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Oh hell yeah that would actually seal the deal for me lol

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2020, 08:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish745 View Post
Oh hell yeah that would actually seal the deal for me lol

Which part?

Old 01-28-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Which part?

The individual boot logo lol .i wonder if i can somehow see if my lvds splitter in my facelift car can somehow be used to help ur convertor project or if it can be used to display the image on these of the original idrive somehow with a separate partion somehow like the front android screen by the long hold down of the idrive knob just an idea .also i actally must look into replicating the individual loom in my prefacelift cars that power the dvd changer and rear screens as it actually has an inbuilt relay and it comes on and off with the cars ignition and goes to sleep as it should so powering the android screens off this would be the proper way to go to for keeping the car from draining or such like .the only thing is the aftermarket dvd changer would have to be kept as the loom goes into it and then the feed out of it is asingle multicore cable like a svideo lead but has power and earth etc in it and runs to under each seat and its very tidy done .

Old 01-28-2020, 02:05 PM

Yes perhaps it could be useful to know how that's laid out to aid in the future lvds converter project. I have also been tempted to buy the E60 (CCC) reverse camera module that converts video input to be sent over the lvds cable and can switch between video source and idrive.
Unfortunately it can only display on OEM monitor. But it may also give some hints as to how I should convert the signal in the reverse way.

And yeah knowing how the individual dvd system is wired could be very useful to install the monitors even though I have thought of some different solutions like canbus relays and such.

You can see the extra wiring loom and extra cooling fan vents for the MMX system here

Old 02-12-2020, 02:44 PM

I'm really considering buying this car that is the only one I'm aware of in my country that has this.
I'm very very tempted to go through with it just to steal the console that hopefully has a table inside. And the rotational airplane style reading lights. And then try to flip the car again.

-Sign BMW Individual
-0940 Sonderwunschausstattung
-Delete Components For The Multifunctional Centre Console
-0944 Later Modification By ZS
-Mapreading Lights In The Rear Of The Car Interior
-Multifunctional Centre Console
-1 Table And Storage Compartment

Last edited by vibbelito; 02-12-2020 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:01 AM

If I'm able to buy it it will be even easier to copy it since then we can make a 3D scan of the pieces

Old 02-13-2020, 11:33 AM

Old 02-15-2020, 07:11 AM

I bought it so now the only problem for me is that there's a car stuck to my table

Old 02-15-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I bought it so now the only problem for me is that there's a car stuck to my table

I thought i had a problem colkecting cars lol

Old 02-16-2020, 04:35 AM

Quote:
I thought i had a problem colkecting cars lol

Oh no your problem is much worse than mine

Anyway well see if I'll keep the 730i and move the table to that one or if I keep the 740i with a lovely V8 and nicer color. But it would be very much work to move over all the equipment from the 730i (keyless, tinted windows, NIVI, ACC2, Bi-xenon, HLA, curve lights, black roof, remote start, dab+, fridge, bluetooth phone, AUX input, CDC, big IHKA).

Or if I keep both and keep the 740i as a summer fun car only.

Anyway I've got the table with a semi broken center console (button to open) now

Old 02-16-2020, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajonty View Post
Thats all good to me
Do you have the user manual for the rear table and can post photos of the pages? since mine didn't come with it.
Also what's the PN on the manual so I can order it later.

Old 02-16-2020, 04:46 AM

Most of all that is simple enough to do for u and me .only real issue is the nivi nighhtvision as u would need a can emulator .all the rest is simples .but if it was me id leave the 730i as is and pick up the bits and retrofit to the 740i and then either keep both or sell the 730 as is for more money with the extras .and if im entirely honest most of all my cars are nearly all full options and after actially been driving my 760 individual for a few months now most of the options i lusted after i never even use now it was purely to have them lol .i would say going forward what i really want is the android unit with the internet and auch all built in for streaming from spotify utube etc because i have unlimited data and its too much like hassle with ipod and **** .even with the rear tvs i think my kids bothered to turn them on once .the main items i prefer to have is the full optioned seats and remote start .and bluetooth fone .

Old 02-16-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Most of all that is simple enough to do for u and me .only real issue is the nivi nighhtvision as u would need a can emulator .all the rest is simples .but if it was me id leave the 730i as is and pick up the bits and retrofit to the 740i and then either keep both or sell the 730 as is for more money with the extras .and if im entirely honest most of all my cars are nearly all full options and after actially been driving my 760 individual for a few months now most of the options i lusted after i never even use now it was purely to have them lol .i would say going forward what i really want is the android unit with the internet and auch all built in for streaming from spotify utube etc because i have unlimited data and its too much like hassle with ipod and **** .even with the rear tvs i think my kids bothered to turn them on once .the main items i prefer to have is the full optioned seats and remote start .and bluetooth fone .

Yeah, my biggest problem is that I don't have any garage to be in...

I almost made it home with the car intact. Almost... I think the exhaust manifold or some has cracked from driving in very heavy rain with big puddles on the road for 500km and then snow slush the last hour with much snow pushed up in the engine bay..

The car now sound like a tractor! A good sounding tractor but still... this just minimized my chances to get all my money back after selling it.

Last edited by vibbelito; 02-16-2020 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:06 AM

I found the work order for the individual conversion taped in a plastic bag underneath the rear left seat

Old 02-17-2020, 10:12 AM

Yeah i have that on all 3 of my individual cars too

Old 02-17-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Yeah i have that on all 3 of my individual cars too

Oh I had no idea that was a thing

Old 02-17-2020, 12:02 PM

After a few hours working the worst screws I have ever encountered (and I'm a helicopter technician) with the wrong tools I finally got the center console out without breaking anything

And I was greated with this note on the back of it and I guess this was the 304th built? At least with this spec.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:44 PM

Old 02-18-2020, 12:22 AM

It wasn't easy to take apart and I really must give cred to PGAM for making it steady enough to not break when I took it apart

I have also sent measurements to my friend that will start drawing it in CAD as soon as possible. We'll start with the armmechanism and table for now.

Old 02-18-2020, 12:31 AM

Apart from the arm itself it looks like its only the lid needs shortening and the inner tray modding to suit .i have a few questions im sure u can now answer why did i think the armrest was taller than the standard version and why have they no end pull out cushion and why are they fixed permanently down and dont fold up like the original

Old 02-18-2020, 12:36 AM

Also does that bracket go right through he lower section of the piece under the armrest and bolt to the 2 points on the floor of the car where the lower seat section does .i wonder could we mod this to allow the armrest to thus fold and maybe lock into something we could add when the armrest is down for stability thus then enabling the car to be still used as a 3 seater in the rear rather than a 2 seater

Old 02-18-2020, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Also does that bracket go right through he lower section of the piece under the armrest and bolt to the 2 points on the floor of the car where the lower seat section does .

Exactly like this. It goes straight through and also the "box" is screwed onto this

Old 02-18-2020, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Apart from the arm itself it looks like its only the lid needs shortening
The lid is actually a different design entirely. The normal one has a different shape molding on the underside and I think it's also thicker the normal one. And ofcourse about 5cm shorter and with a different padding on top and what appears to be the same leather pieces used on the front center console.

Quote:
and the inner tray modding to suit
The inner tray box has pn 7896689
And is much much deeper.

Quote:
.i have a few questions im sure u can now answer why did i think the armrest was taller than the standard version
It's the same length I believe but I do think that it sits some cm higher than the standard folding armrest. The tabletop is 23.5cm x 35.5 cm

Quote:
why have they no end pull out cushion
Since it can't be used as a backrest anyway so there's no need for one and it might be hard to fit the metal rods. I haven't compared this part yet

Quote:
and why are they fixed permanently down and dont fold up like the original
Because the table arm is bolted to the car and wouldn't be stable without that. And the table have no chance fitting inside the normal armrest. The table is actually very sturdy and really stable and feels just solid this way. Superb build quality.

Old 02-18-2020, 02:31 AM

Yeah as soon as i seen the lid i thought it was from a front armrest .i wonder are they the same lenght and been used and joined together under the leather and side pieces cut off and extra leather used to stretch around the underside .the bottom box looks very flat on top compared to my standard centre piece i wonder has tgis been modified to som armest sits flat on it

Old 02-18-2020, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Yeah as soon as i seen the lid i thought it was from a front armrest .i wonder are they the same lenght and been used and joined together under the leather and side pieces cut off and extra leather used to stretch around the underside
I believe so. I can measure them later this evening.

Quote:
.the bottom box looks very flat on top compared to my standard centre piece i wonder has tgis been modified to som armest sits flat on it
Do you mean the bottom box that replaces the seat cushion? Where the cup holder is bolted in

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Today's Posts Search