BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

91 m3

37K views 74 replies 15 participants last post by  markseven 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I picked up a Sterling Silver 91.

She has 94K on her, all stock except for H&R Sports, Billy Sports, a SS muffler, Evo shift knob, ACS pedal set and aftermarket CD player. I am going to remove the pedal set and swap in the OE radio and shift knob.

Hopefully my cousin has time to take good quality pics once the car is detailed. Until then:

I'll probably have questions - thank you in advance for answers.

See less See more
#8 ·
nice car! no heated seats but has an airbag which is interesting! also FYI E34 with the tan interior like this car came with tan armrest mount covers which could replace the current black ones. for some reason E30s only came with the black at least all original tan interiors ive seen

#10 ·
So, did some stuff to the car:

• E36 Timing Chain Tensioner
  • Valve Adjustment
  • Fuel Filter
  • Air Filter
  • Engine Oil / Filter (I went with Mobil 1 15W-50)
  • M-Tech 1 Steering Wheel
  • OE Head Unit
  • Picked up a set of E38 Style 5s. Saving up for tires...

#25 ·
May I know why you change out the airbag steering wheel? Is it because the airbag no longer work?

#11 ·
Had the injectors serviced by MEPEH. As it turns out, they were in pretty good shape - here are his remarks:
Rated at 240 cc/min, these came very close to 235cc/min and had great jet and similar flow rates.

1- 240 cc/min
2- 235 cc/min
3- 235 cc/min
4- 235 cc/min​
Next up:

• Distributor Cap
  • Rotor
  • Spark Plugs
  • Plug Wires
  • Rebuilt AFM
Once these are done, fuel delivery and ignition should be tip-top.

#13 ·
Where dem 24V short tubes at???

Robert at E30 MotorWerks did the valve adjustment. He played a shell game that required two shims swapped. I trust only pro's for certain tasks ;)

Thank you, I am trying to maintain this car well. My wife lets me indulge this car because I don't spend money on anything else. No sports, video games, home entertainment, gambling, smart phones, nothing. Cars and that's it :angel:

Hope you and Condor will motor west for Bimmerfest 2013!

#16 ·
Over the weekend me and IMZ4N (Bob, who did the heavy lifting with the buffer) detailed the car.

I put in new Osram SilverStars and euro grills.

My cousin got a new camera... we are scheduled to take some pics of the car this coming Saturday.

#21 ·
So, to start my picture series I thought it would be good to post raw images - no Photoshop editing at all except to re-size. Just the car and my cousin's skill with a camera. We ran out of time, so interior shots will have to wait until next weekend.

#37 ·
:yawn:

J/K, the wheel is the difference between night and day!
Andrew, at first I thought the contours of the MT II would look too modern for the E30... once I drove the car with the new wheel I reverted to the form-follows-function convention. I dig it. And thank you for the kind words.

Earlier today I was thinking about So Cal Euro 2006...

Good times. Was Sam born as yet?

Attachments

#39 ·
So, more maintenance on the M3:

• Spark plug wires
  • Spark plugs
  • Distributor cap and rotor
  • Redline in the trans
  • Redline in the diff
  • Turner and Massive baffles (which meant new Mobil 1 in the crank case)
  • New cruise control cable
Next up:

• Rogue RSMs
  • Brake fluid flush

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.