New guy WITHOUT a Bimmer :) - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner, shopping for a new or used BMW or just interested in cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the Bimmerfest BMW community to see.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:23 PM

Mein Auto: Evo IX & F10 550I
New guy WITHOUT a Bimmer :)

Hey all,
Signed up for this site because my little sis is a bimmer person and about to get a e60 very shortly. She would like to make it "different" in her own little way but doesn't know the methods of modding a car.. hehe

I'm a big import tuner, I have a 06 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX(i had to spell it out, wasn't so sure if the bimmer guys know what it is, no offense ) and a +600whp talon in the build. I love the bimmers for their luxuries and their ride, So I decided to start learning a thing or too about them.

Will post some pics of my current cars, and my sisters e60 that she is getting within 2 weeks.

Any suggestion for "cheaper" mods would be nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2010, 06:06 AM
energetik9

Mein Auto: 911 Carrera 4S
Hello and welcome. We know what an evo is, but thanks! What engine is she looking at? Not sure what works best on the e60, you should also try and post this on the sub-forum. As you know, a chip and cold air intake are the best bangs for your buck performance wise. Then usually exhaust. I'm guessing you know all that already. Of course a chip on a normally aspirated engine usually has limited gains.

There are lots of chip options, but if you want to go that route, research Dinan. Not the cheapest, but they will match whatever factory warranty remains on the car. For some people (me included) that is pretty important.
Previous - X5 3.0i with prem/sport
Previous - 2000 ///M roadster
----------------------------
Someone should invent a sarcasm font...

"In car rock, paper, scissors 911 beats Prius everytime."
Old 01-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
Hello and Welcome

2009 335i Coupe, Titanium Silver Metallic, Coral Red Dakota Leather, Gray Poplar trim, Premium package and Sports package with 19s.

Previously Owned: 2006 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro with all the belles and whistles and a B5 Imola Yellow Audi S4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2010, 08:31 AM

Mein Auto: **** you
lol cheap BMW parts...good luck with that, unless it's a 20 something year old 3 series

what do you do with your fast jap cars? Race them? or are they show cars? 600 whp just seems a bit much unless you are drag racing it...just curious

welcome
Old 01-19-2010, 01:21 PM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
welcome aboard!
Old 01-19-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by energetik9 View Post
Hello and welcome. We know what an evo is, but thanks! What engine is she looking at? Not sure what works best on the e60, you should also try and post this on the sub-forum. As you know, a chip and cold air intake are the best bangs for your buck performance wise. Then usually exhaust. I'm guessing you know all that already. Of course a chip on a normally aspirated engine usually has limited gains.

There are lots of chip options, but if you want to go that route, research Dinan. Not the cheapest, but they will match whatever factory warranty remains on the car. For some people (me included) that is pretty important.
Most likely it will be an intake, exhaust and a tune. Other then that it will be exterior mods and wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_GAL View Post
Hello and Welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Brit View Post
lol cheap BMW parts...good luck with that, unless it's a 20 something year old 3 series

what do you do with your fast jap cars? Race them? or are they show cars? 600 whp just seems a bit much unless you are drag racing it...just curious

welcome
^^honestly, thats what I'm scared about lol. Japanese parts are really not that expensive, I'm really not sure what to expect entering a new world of cars lol

The evo is my DD, I've taken it to a couple of Autox events, and quarter mile fun. Not trying to push this car to its limit. But the Talon has only been used for the strip, I don't Think either of my cars qualify for show because I love the stock look on both. Just a set of wheels and low to the ground and call it a day for exterier. The talon can not turn if its life depended on it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmodena310 View Post
welcome aboard!

^^^^^^
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!
Old 01-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: BMW
Welcome to the site. The only mods really that make sense for someone on a budget are a catback, intake and tune. Those three will wake the car up and make it more enjoyable to drive.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _des_ View Post
Most likely it will be an intake, exhaust and a tune. Other then that it will be exterior mods and wheels.

^^honestly, thats what I'm scared about lol. Japanese parts are really not that expensive, I'm really not sure what to expect entering a new world of cars lol

The evo is my DD, I've taken it to a couple of Autox events, and quarter mile fun. Not trying to push this car to its limit. But the Talon has only been used for the strip, I don't Think either of my cars qualify for show because I love the stock look on both. Just a set of wheels and low to the ground and call it a day for exterier. The talon can not turn if its life depended on it lol

^^^^^^
you also know perfectly well that an intake and exhaust does not do much more than make a nice car sound moderately annoying in most cases.

lol at the talon hehe AWD = unda-steer
Old 01-20-2010, 12:41 PM
energetik9

Mein Auto: 911 Carrera 4S
Quote:
^^^^^^
Just make sure it's a performance exhaust, and not one of those crappy high noise volume jobs.
Previous - X5 3.0i with prem/sport
Previous - 2000 ///M roadster
----------------------------
Someone should invent a sarcasm font...

"In car rock, paper, scissors 911 beats Prius everytime."
Old 01-20-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
just make sure it's a performance exhaust, and not one of those crappy high noise volume jobs.
+1
Old 01-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Registered Non-OP

Mein Auto: 5wagon
Welcome aboard. You'll love it here the more you frequent it

Quote:
Just make sure it's a performance exhaust, and not one of those crappy high noise volume jobs.
Whats wrong with that?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:33 PM

Sorry I haven't got on in a while, Been stupid busy with school and work. Working 52 hours a week and being in class its rather annoying lol.

Well its official, this friday the new car shows up. It was supposed to be a 04 545i Blue with Auburn Interior. Ooooooo BUT it sold before she got it, So now its a 07 550i fully loaded coming up! Black on black with Heads up display and all the goodies. I'll get pics of it when it shows up. I'm looking forward to driving it as well
Old 01-27-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Sorry I haven't got on in a while, Been stupid busy with school and work. Working 52 hours a week and being in class its rather annoying lol.

Well its official, this friday the new car shows up. It was supposed to be a 04 545i Blue with Auburn Interior. Ooooooo BUT it sold before she got it, So now its a 07 550i fully loaded coming up! Black on black with Heads up display and all the goodies. I'll get pics of it when it shows up. I'm looking forward to driving it as well
I work full time and go to school too...ugh I feel your pain
Old 01-30-2010, 04:21 PM

Still waiting on the car :/
The trucker that has the bmw broke down... SOOOOOooo He is somewhere between Mobile and Orlando lol. Said should be in next week now
Old 01-30-2010, 10:23 PM
Registered Non-OP

Mein Auto: 5wagon
Ouch, shows how dedicated you are to own a bimmer!

Oh and a member here lives over in Gulf Coast with an e36. She's been wanting to start a local meet every now and then so she's tryna find some devoted folks who'd religiously attend. Thought you should know

Good luck with the bimmer! Whichever one it may be
Old 04-01-2011, 01:42 PM

I guess I'm back? I'm starting to creep this site more and more just looking for new info about my sisters 550I. Can anybody give me some info on changing the "angel eyes" on an 07 550? I found so much stuff about 08's and how they have different headlights that it as confused me which is which. Most important thing new error codes.

Also she has been looking up fog lights here self and discovered the smoked foglights on ebay, Does anybody have any info on them? i searched but couldn't find anything because the word smoked appeared any many not helpful threads lol

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > New Member Introductions
Today's Posts Search