Halogen Lens to Xenon Under Warranty - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:38 PM

Mein Auto: 328x
Halogen Lens to Xenon Under Warranty

Long time reader of this site for the great information but first time poster.

I've researched these two issues separately but have not seen anyone combine the question. I got a great deal on a 2014 with the exception of its halogen headlights. I've thought about going aftermarket to upgrade them. However, the headlight casing has been affected by the cracking issue that I have seen discussed here multiple times. My questions is... with the car under its initial warranty, has anyone had experience asking what the cost would be to have OEM xenon installed rather than replacing the halogen? I'm wondering if it's less than the 3-4k generally quoted for that upgrade. I am not hopeful but also don't want to prematurely void my warranty by going aftermarket just yet.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 18' Tesla Model 3 Perf.
Items under warranty are normally replaced with the same item, if available/ . While you certainly can ask, I would be EXTREMELY surprised if you were able to get that done under any sort of warranty fullfilment.

2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue |Blk Leather W/Blue Stiching | Alu. Rhombicle trim | Adaptive Suspension | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Wireless Charging | 21" 718 Wheels| | Executive Pack | HK Stereo (hers)

18' Tesla Model 3 Performance |blue /blk|Perf. pack|FSD

BMW CCA #477341
Old 11-06-2017, 05:46 PM

Mein Auto: 328x
I should clarify, I do not expect to get a free upgrade from halogen to xenon, I am looking to whether the cost is still 3-4k if they are replacing the whole headlight apparatus regardless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2017, 06:41 AM
///Member

Mein Auto: 2014 335i xDrive
So your question is, will the warranty work cover say 50% of the cost of "upgrading" your headlights since they will be replacing the halogen's potentially anyway? And, therefore the only cost difference would be the hardware being installed.

There also will be coding necessary for these. My assumption is that it is more trouble than its worth for the dealership to oblige. If they do I wonder how the dealership work out some deal where they split the cost between you and BMW NA for the work?

'14 Porsche 911 Turbo S, Jet Black Metallic, Leather interior in Black/Bordeaux Red, Sport Chrono

'14 BMW 335i xDrive Sport Line, Jet Black, Black int, Premium / Cold Weather / Nav Pkg - MPPK/MPE

'16 BMW X1 xDrive28i, Glacier Silver Metallic, Black int, Premium / Cold Weather / Luxury Pkg

RETIRED:
'13 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line, Jet Black, Black int, Premium / Cold Weather / Nav Pkg

SOLD:
'10 328i xDrive, Jet Black

'07 328xi, Black Sapphire Metallic

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search