FS: Titanium Interior Trim out of 2004 330Ci - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds

Classifieds
Post for sale items in one of the for sale categories. Click here to browse new posts.

Old 07-16-2003, 07:54 PM

Mein Auto:
FS: Titanium Interior Trim out of 2004 330Ci

I have replaced the titanium trim that came in my 2004 330Ci (picked up on Saturday, July 12) with Mystic Black M3 trim, so I have a full set (8 pieces) that is flawless, to sell. The armrests have black bases. I will take $360; includes shipping anywhere in the continental U.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2003, 11:26 PM
DHP pwns ZHP :p

Mein Auto: DHP Heehee... :p
Mystic Black? What's that look like?

$360 is a bit high IMO even it if it is flawless... Mine is flawless too but I'm not asking anywhere near that...

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
"du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab nichts gesagt"
Old 07-17-2003, 06:39 AM

Mein Auto:
I saw a set go on e-bay about a month ago for $405... that's what I was basing my asking price on. I'll probably wind up putting it on e-bay, anyway. Sorry, not "Mystic Black," but "Sapphire Black"... just like the exterior color.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2003, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by routesixtysixer
I saw a set go on e-bay about a month ago for $405... that's what I was basing my asking price on. I'll probably wind up putting it on e-bay, anyway. Sorry, not "Mystic Black," but "Sapphire Black"... just like the exterior color.
$400 is close to the going price for M3 interior trim. I can't tell if you have an M3 or a 330... 330 stock trim will not go for anywhere close to $400 unless you buy the parts new.

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
Old 07-17-2003, 11:52 AM

Mein Auto:
330Ci trim and M3 trim is identical. Only differences will be color. The trim I installed in my 330Ci is from an M3 and it was (except for color) identical to the trim I removed. Why would M3 trim be worth more than 330Ci trim? I was under the impression (possibly wrong) that titanium trim was more desirable and, therefore, worth more than, say, myrtlewood trim. Keep in mind, too, that coupe trim is significantly more expensive than sedan trim... those door mounted armrests are much more expensive than the small trim strip applied to the sedan doors. You can't compare the two in terms of expense. Once again, I could definitely be wrong here... that will be borne out on E-bay, as auctions tend to reveal the true value of your merchandise.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:50 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by routesixtysixer
330Ci trim and M3 trim is identical. Only differences will be color. The trim I installed in my 330Ci is from an M3 and it was (except for color) identical to the trim I removed. Why would M3 trim be worth more than 330Ci trim? I was under the impression (possibly wrong) that titanium trim was more desirable and, therefore, worth more than, say, myrtlewood trim. Keep in mind, too, that coupe trim is significantly more expensive than sedan trim... those door mounted armrests are much more expensive than the small trim strip applied to the sedan doors. You can't compare the two in terms of expense. Once again, I could definitely be wrong here... that will be borne out on E-bay, as auctions tend to reveal the true value of your merchandise.
I know it's identical parts and fitment wise... I changed these out myself too. I know the differences between coupe and sedan trim... been researching that for a LONG time already. What I find on eBay is a lot of times for things like this, people end up paying WAY more than they could have done... especially with certain car parts out there... Do a search on e46fanatics and some other Bimmer boards, and you'll find that M3 trim goes for about $400...

There are two "Titanium" trims available. 330 trim is "Titan II" which is more silverish. This is what I took out of mine. I put in "Titan Line I" which is darker and has a slight yellow-brownish tint to it which is what is from an M3 year from late MY2001-MY2002. Before that, it was a black matte color trim in an M3 IIRC....

Go figure as to why it's worth more than stock 330 trim... more people want it... supply vs. demand... people seem to think the M3 trim is hard to get... I dunno... I didn't have a very hard time getting it once I knew the part numbers I needed...

Here's the difference between stock Titanium trim in a 330 and what it looks like with the M3 Titanium trim:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	16011   Click image for larger version

Name:	ti_shad_trim.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	16012  

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
Old 08-05-2003, 04:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2017 M2, 2004 M3
trim

where did you get the titan trim, dealer?
Old 08-05-2003, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damills
where did you get the titan trim, dealer?
My "Titanium Shadow" trim? Bought it used from someone who replaced his stock M3 trim. He didn't have all the pieces (sanded a few down already) so I bought the rest from a dealer after figuring out exactly which parts I needed.

My stock titanium trim is still up for grabs.

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
Old 08-05-2003, 05:30 PM

Mein Auto:
Mine is sold.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds
Today's Posts Search