Any Mods for a '99 323i convertible? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series

3 Series & 4 Series
The BMW 3 Series and 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 07-02-2004, 07:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 650i Convertibe
Any Mods for a '99 323i convertible?

I have a '99 323i convertible. It's a great car and in great shape, but it lacks any real performance.
I made a family car swap and got rid of a '93 Cadillac Allanté for the BMW because I needed the room.
Big difference between 300 bhp of the Caddy Northstar and the 168 bhp of the BMW. Obviously I can't get back all the ponies, but are there any suggestions out there? I feel like I'm driving a lawnmower.

Thanks,
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2004, 07:52 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 5/01 production 330Cic
Depends on how much jack you want to drop on it.

I've got a supercharger ($6k self-installed) that boosted my 330 from 225 to 335 hp. A higher-flow exhaust (UUC TSE) that may have added a few more hp, but mostly just looks and sounds much better.

Upgrading your sways (they're really wimpy on a stock 323) is a way to get some big bang performace improvement without spending a lot. Doesn't give you more power, but makes the car corner much better. Then for a few grand you can put a really nice set of springs and shocks on and upgrade the suspension even more.

In performance space, if you don't want to add forced induction, you can add a CAI for several hundred, and gain 5-10 hp.

Those are the most common performance mods people do, with the addition of brake upgrades to a lesser extent. After that, most modding is cosmetic.

There several supercarger kits on the market now for the 323, and all of them can be installed by either you, or a mechanic. I put the ESS kit on my car, as it was the only thing available two years ago for the 330. Today, you have more choices.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 650i Convertibe
Thanks for the info - I think the sway bar has already been upgraded. I added a rear spoiler and upgraded to 16 inch BMW alloys. I just wish it had some guts. It even sounds wimpy.

I posted a bunch of pics in the user gallery under my name if anyone is interested..

Steve

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series
Today's Posts Search