CarPlay on x1 with Navigation Plus - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 F48 (2016 - current)

X1 F48 (2016 - current)
Second generation F48 BMW X1 builds on the success of it's predecessor. Increases in power, interior and cargo space keep it a leader in the small SUV field.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-15-2017, 08:22 AM
hdsmitty hdsmitty is offline
Registered User
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 2018 X1 sdrive
CarPlay on x1 with Navigation Plus

I just bought a 2018 x1 and was told I could add Apple Car Play through BMW Connected by dealer for $300. The option doesn?t exist for me in BMW Connected. BMW Genius now says it needs to be ordered with the car to have the option. Is there any way to retrofit this? I have Navigation Plus on the car? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 11-15-2017, 10:45 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 36,410
Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdsmitty View Post
I just bought a 2018 x1 and was told I could add Apple Car Play through BMW Connected by dealer for $300. The option doesn?t exist for me in BMW Connected. BMW Genius now says it needs to be ordered with the car to have the option. Is there any way to retrofit this? I have Navigation Plus on the car? Thanks!
I cannot reply to your PM:

"hdsmitty has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Please enable PM Receive function.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-15-2017, 11:03 AM
hdsmitty hdsmitty is offline
Registered User
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 2018 X1 sdrive
Fixed now

Hi,
I believe I've enabled PM. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 11-15-2017, 11:09 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 36,410
Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdsmitty View Post
Hi,
I believe I've enabled PM. Thanks!
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-21-2018, 06:58 AM
apzx80 apzx80 is offline
Registered User
Location: PARIS
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 36
Mein Auto: F48
Hello shawn, is it possible to activate carplay on hu-entrynav (6UP)? thank you
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-21-2018, 07:08 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 36,410
Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by apzx80 View Post
Hello shawn, is it possible to activate carplay on hu-entrynav (6UP)? thank you
There is no way that I know to get a 143 CarPlay FSC Code for ENTRYNAV or ENTRYNAV2.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-06-2018, 08:59 PM
bimmerdriver2 bimmerdriver2 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Metro Vancouver
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 152
Mein Auto: 2002 BMW M3 6MT Coupe
Carplay is an option on the 2018 X1 and as far as I know, it still has the 6UP head unit. Same for the X2.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-06-2018, 09:03 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 36,410
Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerdriver2 View Post
Carplay is an option on the 2018 X1 and as far as I know, it still has the 6UP head unit. Same for the X2.
I was not saying it is not possible from factory to get CarPlay via Provisioning. The issue is activating CarPlay after the fact, and there is no way as of now to get the needed 143 FSC Code for ENTRYNAV or ENTRYNAV2 Head Unit.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-22-2018, 09:37 AM
ShaneSB ShaneSB is offline
Registered User
Location: Cypress, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 2018 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM sent.
Hi shawnsheridan, I'm having a same issue as hdsmitty... Is there a solution for it? I really like to add Apple Carplay on my car...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-22-2018, 09:46 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 36,410
Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSB View Post
Hi shawnsheridan, I'm having a same issue as hdsmitty... Is there a solution for it? I really like to add Apple Carplay on my car...
Not possible, at least not yet. Currently CarPlay only possible on NBT2 EVO, and F48 is not available with this Head Unit.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-22-2018, 09:58 AM
ShaneSB ShaneSB is offline
Registered User
Location: Cypress, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 2018 X1
I believe I have NBT2 EVO as I have a premium package. I asked BMW and they told me as below.

Dear Customer,



Vehicles that comes with an active CarPlay from factory have code 6CP embedded.



Vehicles that are eligible to purchase CarPlay after factory must have 609 (Professional navigation), 6AK (ConnectedDrive services) and one option code below:

6NS, 6NW, 6NP, 6U9 or 6FR.



Your vehicle has 609, 6AK codes. However, none of the other options required.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-22-2018, 10:03 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 36,410
Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSB View Post
I believe I have NBT2 EVO as I have a premium package. I asked BMW and they told me as below.

Dear Customer,

Vehicles that comes with an active CarPlay from factory have code 6CP embedded.

Vehicles that are eligible to purchase CarPlay after factory must have 609 (Professional navigation), 6AK (ConnectedDrive services) and one option code below:

6NS, 6NW, 6NP, 6U9 or 6FR.

Your vehicle has 609, 6AK codes. However, none of the other options required.
Your car has 6UP Navigation Plus, which is ENTRYNAV2 Head Unit, not NBT2 EVO Head Unit, which as of now, CarPlay beyond factory order is not possible.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 06-22-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-21-2019, 08:50 AM
Plucky Plucky is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Mein Auto:
Hi all,
I have a question... iíve a X1 xline 2.0da xdrive (2018) with pro navigation 6UP and connecteddrive 6AK. For CarPlay, it missing 6NS. it is possible to activate 6NS officially in a dealership BMW?

Thanks !
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-21-2019, 08:56 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 36,410
Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucky View Post
Hi all,
I have a question... iíve a X1 xline 2.0da xdrive (2018) with pro navigation 6UP and connecteddrive 6AK. For CarPlay, it missing 6NS. it is possible to activate 6NS officially in a dealership BMW?

Thanks !
6UP is ENTRYNAV Head Unit. 6NS Coding shoudl work for it.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-21-2019, 09:32 AM
Plucky Plucky is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
6UP is ENTRYNAV Head Unit. 6NS Coding shoudl work for it.
And after can i get CarPlay on connecteddrive ? (6UP + 6AK + 6NS). Someone have already do it?
Does BMW are ok for activate officially an option like 6NS?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-21-2019, 09:35 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 36,410
Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucky View Post
And after can i get CarPlay on connecteddrive ? (6UP + 6AK + 6NS). Someone have already do it?
Does BMW are ok for activate officially an option like 6NS?

Thanks
I don't understand what you ask, but I will say 6NS has no affect on CarPlay / Connected Drive Services.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-21-2019, 10:35 AM
Plucky Plucky is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Mein Auto:
Sorry for my english....
It is possible to activate the 6ns option in a ę*BMW workshop*Ľ and after they update the VIN?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-21-2019, 10:51 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 36,410
Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucky View Post
Sorry for my english....
It is possible to activate the 6ns option in a ę*BMW workshop*Ľ and after they update the VIN?
6NS Coding does not care what Car / Head Unit VIN is.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-22-2019, 09:38 AM
Plucky Plucky is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Mein Auto:
Can i retrofit my entrynav to a nbt evo (with CarPlay, enhanced bluetooth, rtti etc...).
What i need to change? can i keep my touchscreen 8.8 (6UP) and my touch controller? (just change the entrynav to a nbt evo?)

about the previous maintenance check information recorded in the entrynav... possible to transfert it in the new nbt evo?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-22-2019, 10:47 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 36,410
Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucky View Post
Can i retrofit my entrynav to a nbt evo (with CarPlay, enhanced bluetooth, rtti etc...).
What i need to change? can i keep my touchscreen 8.8 (6UP) and my touch controller? (just change the entrynav to a nbt evo?)

about the previous maintenance check information recorded in the entrynav... possible to transfert it in the new nbt evo?

Thanks
Yes, you can. I cannot advise on hardware specifics though. Car needs to have ATM module though to keep all Telematic functions such as RTTI.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 01-22-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-22-2019, 11:22 AM
Plucky Plucky is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Mein Auto:
thanks a lot for your answers.
how can i check the hardware compatibility?
For the service history (date/service/mileage) recorded in the entrynav... possible to transfert it in the new nbt evo?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-22-2019, 12:30 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 36,410
Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucky View Post
thanks a lot for your answers.
how can i check the hardware compatibility?
For the service history (date/service/mileage) recorded in the entrynav... possible to transfert it in the new nbt evo?
Service history can be entered in replacement head unit. As for hardware, best bet is to talk to company / professional retrofitter and have them tell you.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-30-2019, 05:02 PM
fuseryder's Avatar
fuseryder fuseryder is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Chester, VA
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 214
Mein Auto: 13 328i Xdrive Sportline
Is this available on 2017 X1?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-30-2019, 05:04 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 36,410
Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuseryder View Post
Is this available on 2017 X1?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-01-2019, 08:37 AM
Plucky Plucky is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Service history can be entered in replacement head unit. As for hardware, best bet is to talk to company / professional retrofitter and have them tell you.
Hi all
I need your help for check compatibility of a NBT evo for my x1 f48.
I ve found a nbt evo hu (part number: 8708256) from a f30.
The retrofitter in my country ask me to come with the nbt (and i have to pay checking. They donít give any information by phone... they want sell their own nbt) but i donít want buy it if it is not compatible...
Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 F48 (2016 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.