Someone did it!!! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-01-2009, 06:28 AM
FCBayernFTW's Avatar
FCBayernFTW FCBayernFTW is offline
Extended Euro Delivery
Location: Bayern, Deutschland
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,308
Mein Auto: '18 X3
Thumbs down Someone did it!!!

I'm calling this guy out. On Grafenwoehr Main PX I saw a black E46 3er with an M3 badge and fake azz "gills" on th side of it. No M ANYTHING on the interior and cheap azz halogens... what a poseur wannabe loser has not!!!! LMFAO

I know perhaps if someone in my community happens to see this winner again on post please take a pic and post as I didn't have my cell with me.

I left a note saying that "to joe public you may have gotten one on them, but to us in the know, you're about as big a dweeb as they come."
__________________
-2015 BMW ///M4 Austin Yellow (sold)
-2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Soul Red Premium
-2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i Phytonic Blue Metallic - ZCV, ZDA, ZPK, ZPP, ZPX

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 06-01-2009, 06:34 AM
GarySL's Avatar
GarySL GarySL is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Humboldt County, CA
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,657
Mein Auto: '08 335xi (E90)
That's funny. Closest that I've seen:

__________________
'08 335xi (E90), 6MT, Arctic/Black, ZPP, ZSP (18"s), ZCW, CA, PDC, i-Pod
Ordered: March 7, 2008
Built: March 17, 2008
At port: March 19, 2008
Shipped on Graceful Leader: March 21, 2008
Arrived Port Hueneme: April 11, 2008
At dealer's: April 19, 2008
Delivered: April 21, 2008
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-01-2009, 06:53 AM
Orient330iNYC's Avatar
Orient330iNYC Orient330iNYC is offline
Flying monkey herder
Location: Wall St
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 8,137
Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocamryn View Post
cheap azz halogens... what a poseur wannabe loser has not!!!! LMFAO
xenons were optional on the E46 M3 btw
__________________
Past: 2001 330i ZSP/ZPP/Step
Past: 2004 S60R 6MT Sport
Past: 2007 335i 6MT ZSP/ZCW/322/655
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Past: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Past: 2016 F34 335i xDrive ZCW/ZDA/ZDH/ZTP/ZMP/2V5/5DL
Present: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:22 AM
FCBayernFTW's Avatar
FCBayernFTW FCBayernFTW is offline
Extended Euro Delivery
Location: Bayern, Deutschland
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,308
Mein Auto: '18 X3
Just got back, I found an excuse to go back there and I took my camera, he left already... probabaly ran off with his tail in between his legs.....

I know my BMWs... this was NO M3, no flare in the fenders, standard rims, and the fake gills weren't long enough
__________________
-2015 BMW ///M4 Austin Yellow (sold)
-2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Soul Red Premium
-2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i Phytonic Blue Metallic - ZCV, ZDA, ZPK, ZPP, ZPX


Last edited by FCBayernFTW; 06-01-2009 at 07:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-01-2009, 10:41 AM
DSXMachina's Avatar
DSXMachina DSXMachina is offline
Bimmerdex 7.4!
Location: New Hampshire
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,162
Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocamryn View Post
Just got back, I found an excuse to go back there and I took my camera, he left already... probabaly ran off with his tail in between his legs.....

I know my BMWs... this was NO M3, no flare in the fenders, standard rims, and the fake gills weren't long enough
Sounds like the ones I've seen on eBay, they aren't even close.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Elias's Avatar
Elias Elias is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northern Va
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,712
Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe, 2015 M4
I can't stand posers!
__________________

2015, M4 Coupe, Alpine White, Black Nappa leather,
BMWCCA Member since 07/2008
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Chewy734 Chewy734 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Cleveland, OH
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 236
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 330i Sport
Could be worse... MUCH worse...

linky
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Lobaeux's Avatar
Lobaeux Lobaeux is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Little Rock
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 280
Mein Auto: 09 E92
__________________

2009 335i coupe | MT | Premium | M Sport | Nav | Heated Seats | Comfort Access | iPod
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Chach Chach is offline
The Dude abides.
Location: Kingsville, TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
Could be worse... MUCH worse...

linky
Holy crap that link is disturbing. Well, I'm real glad to hear there are no cigarette burns on the interior. I mean ya know, most used cars have cigarette burns in them, right?
__________________
2008 E90 335i / 6MT

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-01-2009, 05:24 PM
zmanfarley zmanfarley is offline
Registered User
Location: Tampa Florida
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: G37
I know very little about carfs but my wife thinks I'm a genius and even she laughed her ass off.

That interior is Ballerific!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
1st BMW: Purchased May 23rd 2009. 2007 335i Sedan, Sports, Premium, Paddles, Sat Radio, Comfort Access, Tinted, Awesome...! Crap I gotta learn how to drive this car now!!!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-01-2009, 05:45 PM
tturedraider's Avatar
tturedraider tturedraider is offline
Freedom isn't free!!
Location: Chicago, Edgewater (via Tennessee & Texas)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 19,701
Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocamryn View Post
Just got back, I found an excuse to go back there and I took my camera, he left already... probabaly ran off with his tail in between his legs.....

I know my BMWs... this was NO M3, no flare in the fenders, standard rims, and the fake gills weren't long enough
How big is the post? I'm sure you'll see him again.


btw - Hooah!!!
__________________

Present - '06 E90 330i sport; Past - '04 E46 ZHP, '00 E46 328i
www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-01-2009, 05:53 PM
ProRail ProRail is offline
"Clunker" *****
Location: Columbia MD
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,684
Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A-220K-traded
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmanfarley View Post
I know very little about carfs but my wife thinks I'm a genius and even she laughed her ass off.

That interior is Ballerific!!!!!!!!!!!
Have no idea what this means. (Even before the Ballerific comment.)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 PM
S93D S93D is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: North America
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 719
Mein Auto: BMW
I am just the opposite. I like to drive a good brand of car but very much disguised toward the ordinary end.

For example, I wouldn't mind driving a hypothetical 3 series with a rocket boost under the license plate (like Batman or JATO assisted C-130 aircraft), 7.0 litre twin turbo V-12, James Bond oil slick dispenser and license plate changer, and either no model number badge or even a 335i badge.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:40 PM
///MyLittlePony's Avatar
///MyLittlePony ///MyLittlePony is offline
Outside looking in
Location: Mulletville
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,325
Mein Auto: 2015 Mustang GT
Here's some pictures of an M3 in its natural environment to help with any confusion...
__________________
=================================================
=================================================
=================================================
My Little Pony
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-07-2009, 08:09 AM
FCBayernFTW's Avatar
FCBayernFTW FCBayernFTW is offline
Extended Euro Delivery
Location: Bayern, Deutschland
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,308
Mein Auto: '18 X3
E36 M3 Wannabe

Saw another one today at the PX (cell phone pic). What a loser! DO they even know??????



Man seriously take yourself, your fake wannabe M3, and...
__________________
-2015 BMW ///M4 Austin Yellow (sold)
-2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Soul Red Premium
-2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i Phytonic Blue Metallic - ZCV, ZDA, ZPK, ZPP, ZPX


Last edited by FCBayernFTW; 06-07-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-07-2009, 08:19 AM
boltjames boltjames is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,301
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocamryn View Post
No M ANYTHING on the interior and cheap azz halogens... what a poseur wannabe loser has not!!!! LMFAO

I know perhaps if someone in my community happens to see this winner again on post please take a pic and post as I didn't have my cell with me.

I left a note saying that "to joe public you may have gotten one on them, but to us in the know, you're about as big a dweeb as they come."
Here's what you need to understand: Everyone's laughing at both types of M3 buyers.

A "fake" M3 and a "real" M3 are exactly the same thing. 50 year old poseurs and pretenders, taking their German luxury cars and turning them into Honda's to impress high school kids. Whether one has the "real" engine or not makes no difference, since there are no roads where their power can be legally utilized and no one tracks these things.

A "fake" M3 owner saved himself $30,000. In a way, that makes him a lot smarter than a "real" M3 owner. He gets the same amount of people laughing at him, but he's got enough extra money in the bank to buy what he really wants: a tricked-out Civic.

BJ
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-07-2009, 10:16 AM
FCBayernFTW's Avatar
FCBayernFTW FCBayernFTW is offline
Extended Euro Delivery
Location: Bayern, Deutschland
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,308
Mein Auto: '18 X3
BJ, valid points you bring up, however for those of us residing in Germany, with the little time we spend here, (3 years at a time) we actually get the benefit of BMW's stellar engineering.

I just find it laughable that people do this here in Germany where BMWs are a dime a dozen. For the most part, none of us get a second look except from the scant enthusiast and really it's just because the newest body style (LCI) isn't "everywhere" just yet. My inlaws tell me a German pays about 50K Euros for a comparably spec'd model like mine. INSANE.

I will continue to call out and post frauds and wannabes here as I see them
__________________
-2015 BMW ///M4 Austin Yellow (sold)
-2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Soul Red Premium
-2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i Phytonic Blue Metallic - ZCV, ZDA, ZPK, ZPP, ZPX

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-07-2009, 11:14 AM
energetik9's Avatar
energetik9 energetik9 is offline
energetik9
Location: Chicago, IL
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,361
Mein Auto: 911 Carrera 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
Here's what you need to understand: Everyone's laughing at both types of M3 buyers.

A "fake" M3 and a "real" M3 are exactly the same thing. 50 year old poseurs and pretenders, taking their German luxury cars and turning them into Honda's to impress high school kids. Whether one has the "real" engine or not makes no difference, since there are no roads where their power can be legally utilized and no one tracks these things.

A "fake" M3 owner saved himself $30,000. In a way, that makes him a lot smarter than a "real" M3 owner. He gets the same amount of people laughing at him, but he's got enough extra money in the bank to buy what he really wants: a tricked-out Civic.

BJ
What??? How does that make any sense? So you own a BMW, but you're laughing at M buyers? Why did you buy a BMW then?
__________________
Current - 2009 Carrera 4S
Current - 2010 128i convertible (wife's car)
Previous - 2009 M-sport 335i coupe
Previous - X5 3.0i with prem/sport
Previous - 2000 ///M roadster
----------------------------
Someone should invent a sarcasm font...

"In car rock, paper, scissors 911 beats Prius everytime."
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-07-2009, 02:00 PM
///MyLittlePony's Avatar
///MyLittlePony ///MyLittlePony is offline
Outside looking in
Location: Mulletville
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,325
Mein Auto: 2015 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
Here's what you need to understand: Everyone's laughing at both types of M3 buyers.

A "fake" M3 and a "real" M3 are exactly the same thing. 50 year old poseurs and pretenders, taking their German luxury cars and turning them into Honda's to impress high school kids. Whether one has the "real" engine or not makes no difference, since there are no roads where their power can be legally utilized and no one tracks these things.

A "fake" M3 owner saved himself $30,000. In a way, that makes him a lot smarter than a "real" M3 owner. He gets the same amount of people laughing at him, but he's got enough extra money in the bank to buy what he really wants: a tricked-out Civic.

BJ
So, if I follow you, if I have tracked my M3, I am a 'real' M3 owner? Phew...
__________________
=================================================
=================================================
=================================================
My Little Pony
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-07-2009, 04:04 PM
boltjames boltjames is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,301
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by energetik9 View Post
What??? How does that make any sense? So you own a BMW, but you're laughing at M buyers? Why did you buy a BMW then?
A BMW is a luxury car. A luxury car. Its plush, its filled with creature-comforts, its expensive, its luxurious.

I bought a BMW for the same reason that everyone else bought one: To show off my wealth and status in life to others.

A BMW "M" is ridiculous. Take an overpriced luxury car, famous for its badge and throw a racing engine in it. Why? Only one reason. Let BMW pick the pockets of 50 year olds in the midst of a midlife crisis. Why let Chevy get all that money from Mr. & Mrs. Corvette? You'd think BMW would try its best to not let these old fools ruin their reputation, but the economy's tough you know.



"No girls, I'm not a grandpa. I'm a racecar driver. Should we start sexting now?"

BJ
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-07-2009, 04:07 PM
boltjames boltjames is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,301
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated335 View Post
So, if I follow you, if I have tracked my M3, I am a 'real' M3 owner? Phew...
No. You just didn't want to get rid of your Goldwing so you could pick up a spec Miata. Putting a $60,000 German luxury car on a racetrack? LOL. Stop believing what you read in discussion forums.



BJ
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-07-2009, 04:30 PM
cwinter's Avatar
cwinter cwinter is offline
Here comes trouble!
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,356
Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
As BJ logic goes:

Earth is flat,

2 = 3 ,

an M3 is a silly 328 with a race car engine in it,

and a credit card next to a leatherette bronze convertible 328i is status.

Without BJ life would be so utterly boring on Bimmerfest. He finds the best stuff on Google Images.
__________________
2009 328i Sedan - Ordered: 2/24/09 .:. Delivered: 5/6/09
Jet Black | Black Dakota | Aluminum | Premium | Sport | Xenon | CA | Split Fold Seats


Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-07-2009, 04:40 PM
edgar620's Avatar
edgar620 edgar620 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Space
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,059
Mein Auto: M3-Imola Red Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
A BMW is a luxury car. A luxury car. Its plush, its filled with creature-comforts, its expensive, its luxurious.

I bought a BMW for the same reason that everyone else bought one: To show off my wealth and status in life to others.

A BMW "M" is ridiculous. Take an overpriced luxury car, famous for its badge and throw a racing engine in it. Why? Only one reason. Let BMW pick the pockets of 50 year olds in the midst of a midlife crisis. Why let Chevy get all that money from Mr. & Mrs. Corvette? You'd think BMW would try its best to not let these old fools ruin their reputation, but the economy's tough you know.



"No girls, I'm not a grandpa. I'm a racecar driver. Should we start sexting now?"

BJ
Wow. You're one of the tools that thinks a BMW is a status symbol and everyone should pay attention to you because you have one.

Its nothing special. I bought it for the engineering and performance of the car. I didn't buy it to show off and try to represent a status. I'm not trying to impress anyone unlike you who doesnt care about what you get as long as it has the BMW roudel on it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-07-2009, 05:06 PM
energetik9's Avatar
energetik9 energetik9 is offline
energetik9
Location: Chicago, IL
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,361
Mein Auto: 911 Carrera 4S
I am not denying the fact that I purchase a BMW due to the image, but it's also the engineering and the pure joy of driving it. I just expect more out of a car than what you get from an Accord and I can afford it. So I buy what I like. If you want to buy a BMW to impress chicks then fine, I guess at least your honest about it.

I think the one of the flaws in your logic is that you are trying to equate an M with some kind of race car. Granted it is a very capable performer and I'm sure some race them, but it is a street car. I also find it interesting that you call a BMW overpriced but you bought one?

You're certainly entertaining, but I am not sure of your angle here. I think you just enjoy picking a fight and getting people all worked up.
__________________
Current - 2009 Carrera 4S
Current - 2010 128i convertible (wife's car)
Previous - 2009 M-sport 335i coupe
Previous - X5 3.0i with prem/sport
Previous - 2000 ///M roadster
----------------------------
Someone should invent a sarcasm font...

"In car rock, paper, scissors 911 beats Prius everytime."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-07-2009, 05:11 PM
boltjames boltjames is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,301
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar620 View Post
Wow. You're one of the tools that thinks a BMW is a status symbol and everyone should pay attention to you because you have one.

Its nothing special. I bought it for the engineering and performance of the car. I didn't buy it to show off and try to represent a status. I'm not trying to impress anyone unlike you who doesnt care about what you get as long as it has the BMW roudel on it.
Right, and you feel that way because you drive a 7 year old, out of style German luxury car that can be bought for $16,000. If you drove a brand new BMW with a brand new bodystyle that cost in excess of $50,000, you'd understand. See, a BMW 3 Series is designed for a 47 year old executive and his trophy wife as a luxury ride. Not meant for a high school boy who thinks he's got a sophisticated Civic.

You get no looks and you have no status because you're driving your father's hand-me-down. There's a subforum for people with old BMW's. Need help in finding it?

BJ
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.