2021 X5 question

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rawskyb 
#1 ·
Hi
Hope all are staying safe. Two questions

1. When will dealers start taking orders on the 2021 model? Production will
begin in ?

2. I read somewhere that the engine horsepower might increase to 355. Anyone
else hear anything about that or other model changes.

THANKS

#2 ·
With the current situation, it's hard to say to be sure.

I'd heard that the dealers might be able to start to order them starting in April for start of build in July, but that's not anything official, and it hasn't happened yet, that I can tell. They tend to get to order them prior to alerting the general public. But, keep in mind, BMW allows them to customize a 'stock' order up until almost literally the day it is scheduled to be built, so if you buy one of the dealer's 'stock' orders, it can still be customized if you wanted.

I'd like to drive one prior to making up my mind. So, that's likely to put mine, assuming it's what I think it will be, into the fall.

Since the vehicle is already being made and sold elsewhere, as an introduction, they may do a road show around the country and let people drive the current model here to drum up interest.

#3 ·
I'd like to drive one prior to making up my mind. So, that's likely to put mine, assuming it's what I think it will be, into the fall.

Since the vehicle is already being made and sold elsewhere, as an introduction, they may do a road show around the country and let people drive the current model here to drum up interest.
:dunno::dunno:

The G05 X5 has been in production since late 2018 and they are all over the US. What do you mean by "the vehicle is already being made and sold elsewhere"? It has been sold in the US since late 2018 or early 2019. You can go to any dealer in the country and drive one right now.

I doubt the 2021 MY version will be that different from the 2020, even if they make some updates.

#4 ·
We're talking about the 45e, the hybrid version that is sold outside of the USA, but is supposed to be delivered here in the USA this year as a 2021 MY vehicle.

Reviews I've read indicate that it drives well, but before I spend that amount of money, I want to see how well they've integrated the EV to the ICE.

One thing I heard somewhere is that they may be switching to a 48vdc system on the ICE. Haven't seen that lately. The EV portion shouldn't really care that much, but it is a change, and should be more efficient (slightly), as it should allow smaller gauge wire, and thus help with weight some.

#5 ·
We're talking about the 45e, the hybrid version that is sold outside of the USA, but is supposed to be delivered here in the USA this year as a 2021 MY vehicle.
The OP's post doesn't seem to be referring to the 45e, it just says "2021 X5". And the question about an increase in engine horsepower to 355 would seem to be a reference to the current base engine producing 335hp. The current 45e (available in Europe) has 390hp IIRC. Are you sure this is about the 45e??

To the OP, BMW typically switches to the next model year around July, IIRC, so we would expect to see order info on the new MY in the next few months. As far as other changes, I haven't seen anything from various forums and other sources of info. I wouldn't expect major changes seeing as how this is only year three for the G05.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.