BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#103,524 · (Edited)
What happened?.....:confused:
Back in 2011, a really good friend of mine was in town for a wedding and was staying with me. I let him use my car to run some errands while I was at work, and he accidentally let it roll into the back of a parked SUV. It got hit (lightly) square in the kidneys (so to speak), and was enough to crack them, dent the nose panel, take a small chunk out of the aux fan, and break the plastic radiator cover. Luckily, it missed the hood and headlights. He felt so terrible about the whole thing, since he's a car enthusiast, too. Anyway, I got all the replacement parts from a local BMWCCA member's parts car and had the new nose panel professionally painted to match my car. When my friend returned with the car dented up, it also had a CEL, which was really strange. I scanned it and it was for a cylinder #1 misfire. I cleared it and it never came back... Very odd. But yeah, it was an unfortunate situation for my friend to be like "hey, I dented your car and the check engine light turned on!" :rofl:

Fortunately (for Jesse), it takes very little time to swap out those front end parts. It's super quick.

#103,525 ·
Back in 2011, a really good friend of mine was in town for a wedding and was staying with me. I let him use my car to run some errands while I was at work, and he accidentally let it roll into the back of a parked SUV. It got hit (lightly) square in the kidneys (so to speak), and was enough to crack them, dent the nose panel, take a small chunk out of the aux fan, and break the plastic radiator cover. Luckily, it missed the hood and headlights. He felt so terrible about the whole thing, since he's a car enthusiast, too. Anyway, I got all the replacement parts from a local BMWCCA member's parts car and had the nose panel professionally painted to match my car.

Ouches. Oddly enough..... this m was parked at the guy's work and a guy pulled in with his jeep forgot to put the parking brake on and the jeep rolled right into the front end of it. I guess the guy knew the collision shop owner because they really milked it I mean.... replacing the airbags cooling system radiator....and everything else. Final bill was over 3200 bucks from the paperwork I have. Hood and fenders are original so :eek:. Oh and funny note the painting paperwork said they matched like 12 different shades of Avus on the hood lol.

#103,528 ·
#103,529 ·
#103,530 ·
Now that's a solid plan. What you need to do to take it from "solid" to "evil genius" is figure out how to somehow blend steps 4 and 5. A new car and angry sex in the same week? If that's wrong I don't wanna be right.
Um, I'm further convinced that I don't wanna be right either... ;)

F.....M....L
Guy in truck backed into me. Need bumper, kidney grills, nose panel, headlight and chipped my hood....

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
OUCH... At least it doesn't look that bad in the pictures. Come to think of it, I have a pair a stock headlights in my garage too... Thought I was free of all remaining E36 parts.

#103,531 ·
Pretty sure I have a set of spare stock headlights as well. Alongside the stock headlights in my car.

This must be an E36-owner thing... headlights reproduce when we're not looking.

#103,532 ·
Pretty sure I have a set of spare stock headlights as well. Alongside the stock headlights in my car.

This must be an E36-owner thing... headlights reproduce when we're not looking.
Brittany is convinced that BMWs themselves actually reproduce when you're not looking, so the headlights doing it are easy enough to believe.

:lmao:

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__

#103,534 ·
Could this goddamn thing come out so I can buy it already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q8QINLUJpYI

Allegedly production of them has officially started in Mexico and dealers are slashing like $5k off of the last of the MKVIs to get rid of them, but they still won't give us official pricing or a firm timeline.

I have a feeling the one I really want (performance package + adjustable shocks) won't come out until very late this year or even next spring alongside the new MKVII Golf R.

#103,536 ·
I tell you what, Joey...if Snowy ever dies, that is my next car. I have such fond memories of my MK2...such a nice package of size, elegance and speed. I only wish they had leather interior...that is the only thing it's missing. It's really just a re-badged A3.

#103,537 ·
That presenter is getting waaay too worked up over a tarted up VW Golf. :p

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.