E39 Chassis Wiring Power - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 08-11-2019, 06:14 PM

Mein Auto:
E39 Chassis Wiring Power

OK, let me start this with, I'm about to dive into this Car Naked. Meaning, I have no knowledge of this Car as if it was a EG Civic. Now, my Father is the owner. He wants to go Fast. I've found that the Vanos M62 does not have much Aftermarket Options for it. My thought is "LS Swap." Cool, whatever. When I think of that, I'm thinking that I'm going have to run the Motor on a Standalone Harness. Cool, whatever. Again, not knowing anything about the Car. Let's say we pull the M62 and Trans out. Let's say the Chassis Harness and Engine Harness may be seperate. (I have no idea if they are or not. Haven't even been under the Hood of it.) If the Engine and it's Harness was both removed from the Car, and the Chassis/Body Harness is left and only the Chassis Harness, is the Body of the Car going to have any Power to it? With the Engine Harness being gone? (If it does even in fact seperate/Unplug from the Chassis Harness? Need Answers from someone who has actual personal experience with this please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019, 08:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '97 540i 6 speed
Have someone help you to use the web search function.

There have been many posts on this subject.

Ed in San Jose '97 540i 6 speed aspensilber over aubergine leather. Build date 3/97. Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA Nr 62319.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:50 PM

Mein Auto:
I didn't ask for Smart ass Replies. Simply help. If you can't help me, no need to Reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019, 08:51 PM

Mein Auto:
Obviously I've tried looking or I wouldn't have Created an Account and be here... Right?
Old 08-12-2019, 01:06 AM
Under the lift arms

Mein Auto: e39, e83, e60
Im not quite sure what your asking.. but i think i get it... let me say it another way and ask if this is what you mean..

your asking if once the bmw engine and transmission are removed.. and you leave power to the car, will the interior work ?

yes , windows, radio. headlights tail lights... trunk...

yes it should.. the only thing you need to be mindful of is the whip for the starter (*which will be hot) and the whip for the cooling fan (*which will also be hot)

the engine harness will have to be de pinned at the box in the front of the car (*it will not just unplug) its not modular

can i make some suggestions ?

15486372<-----

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)
Today's Posts Search