EU May Continue to Ban American Travelers as Borders Reopen-Please Keep This in Mind - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 20T View Post
I don't think one can claim they have an intimate relationship with a car that is sitting in the Welt.
Humph.

Clearly they are NOT bimmer drivers....

OE is Original Equipment aka 'BMW Original Parts' aka 'What you buy at the BMW dealer with a BMW label'

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer... EITHER the company that made the OE part or.... A part this is identical to the OE part, but is sold by the OEM under their own label

OEM is not what BMW sells

http://www.bimmerzone.com/category/T...ricks_OEM.html

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-OEvsOEM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: Fünfer und Dreier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark K View Post
Guys, just to tell you ... now is the time to sit home and amass great fortune by not spending even a penny - especially so on travelling. Just. Don't. Do. It.
In general and as someone who runs a travel magazine, I concur.

Please send your mother the best wishes of all of us at the Bimmerfest ED forum. Will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark K View Post

I had to go home to Croatia last Thursday because my mom is not well and needs 24 hours care.

F10 2014 535d M Sport Mondstein Metallic
F10 2012 ActiveHybrid 5 Azuritschwarz Metallic
MB 2011 E350 BlueTec
E70 2011 X5 xDrive35d*
E90 2010 335d*
E60 2008 550i*

E90 2006 330xi*
E90 2006 325i
E90 2006 330xi*
E39 2003 530i*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is*
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired
Old Today, 06:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '17 GTI '16 981 CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpira View Post
Please send your mother the best wishes of all of us at the Bimmerfest ED forum. Will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for kind words, Jonathan.

It was a bad experience trying to get your relative admitted to a permanent care facility from 5,000 miles away and on the phone. Not the least of the problems was how to actually pay for that - believe it or not. Kudos to all friends and relatives who moved in to help with that.

I have to say something, way OT, but nonetheless. I started working in US on L1 visa in 2001. L1 visa is for intercompany exchange of resources, so I was still paid in Italy by HQ and living and spending money in US while working in a subsidiary. That arrangement lasted for 5 years. So, believe me when I tell you this : banking operations between continents have regressed to levels of probably mid-20th century if not worse. This is the best of possible examples when you deploy technology to detriment of the human beings - it is simply mind-bendingly horrible. Main point being it cut out many of the people who you would call with an issue or made them impossibly hard to get.

Before you say it ... fintech like Revolut might work awesome on P2P basis, but it doesn't solve normal bill paying. Good luck convincing your power company (or permanent care for elderly) to accept or use fintech like Revolut.

2017 Golf GTI |Silver over tartan cloth| MT| Base S, no options. Oh, wait! ... It does have a spare tire!

2016 981 Cayman S | 6-speed MT| Active suspension | Sport Exhaust System | Torque vectoring (with LSD) | Sport seats + | Sport design steering wheel

2013 VW Golf TDI [CONFISCATED]

2011 E92 335i 6MT ZSP ZCW (ED May 17th 2010) [SOLD]

Last edited by Mark K; Today at 06:28 AM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery
Today's Posts Search