Bring all your Detailing questions here!! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > The Detail Department

The Detail Department
Detailing tips, tricks to keep your bimmer in showroom condition.

Old 12-21-2019, 01:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2019 Toyota Tacoma
Bring all your Detailing questions here!!

Hey guys new to the forums and just wanted to introduce myself. I am Keith and I am the owner of Mint Auto Detail here in sunny San Diego, CA. Although I don't currently own a BMW I have been a huge BMW fan ever since I got to drive my older brothers E30 and kicking the back end out around turns.

So to introduce myself I will open a thread to answer any and all questions regarding detailing.

Thank you and I look forward to helping everyone out.

- Keith

Last edited by mintautodetail; 12-21-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2019, 05:18 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 535d
navigation screen polish

Both X3 and 535 nav screens need polishing, but since they are not glass, they do not respond well to glass cleaners. Any suggestions? Thanks. [email protected]
Old 12-26-2019, 08:33 PM

Nav Screens can be fun to clean. Some glass cleaners leave behind a residue that can make the screen look cloudy. There are many different products that you can use, everything from an interior detailer (preferably one that is pretty mild), they also make LCD Screen cleaners for nav screens. Another good simple clean is to fill a spray bottle with water and add just a few drops of dish soap. Be careful with that just because its more wet, make sure to spray it onto a microfiber first than rub onto the screen. The last way if nothing else works is to use isopropyl alcohol. It evaporates so it won't leave behind any residue and it cleans off everything.

Hope that this helps!!
www.minautodetailsd.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2019, 09:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 98 e39 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintautodetail View Post
Hey guys new to the forums and just wanted to introduce myself. I am Keith and I am the owner of Mint Auto Detail here in sunny San Diego, CA. Although I don't currently own a BMW I have been a huge BMW fan ever since I got to drive my older brothers E30 and kicking the back end out around turns.

So to introduce myself I will open a thread to answer any and all questions regarding detailing.

Thank you and I look forward to helping everyone out.

- Keith
Hi Keith. Welcome aboard. Myself and some other guys on the E70 forums have stained Chrome trim around the glass of their E70'S... It looks like water or car wash bubbles from soap were baked onto the chrome trim.
How the h*** and what do you use to get that off? TIA!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2019, 09:10 PM

So depending on how bad the water spots are you can first just try a basic chome polish and elbow grease. It may take a few applications to really get it out. If that doesn't work then I always use a water spot remover. There are many different companies that make water spot remover and depending on how bad the water spots are I usually go with the heavy duty water spot remover. Once you do that you can follow up with chrome polish. If non of that works then you will need to buff it out with a polisher. They even make some good polishing tips for a Dremel that work so well, just make sure to not head up the chrome to much so that it doesn't chip off.

Hope this works for you guys. And of course to prevent this make sure you guys are using a really good wash soap for cars. You don't even need to go as far as getting a water filter if you use the correct soap it will keep water spots from happening.
www.minautodetailsd.com
Old 01-21-2020, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintautodetail View Post
So depending on how bad the water spots are you can first just try a basic chome polish and elbow grease. It may take a few applications to really get it out. If that doesn't work then I always use a water spot remover. There are many different companies that make water spot remover and depending on how bad the water spots are I usually go with the heavy duty water spot remover. Once you do that you can follow up with chrome polish. If non of that works then you will need to buff it out with a polisher. They even make some good polishing tips for a Dremel that work so well, just make sure to not head up the chrome to much so that it doesn't chip off.

Hope this works for you guys. And of course to prevent this make sure you guys are using a really good wash soap for cars. You don't even need to go as far as getting a water filter if you use the correct soap it will keep water spots from happening.
No luck so far though winter here now so I'll have to tackle it again when the Spring comes...

Old 03-09-2020, 01:12 PM

Got some wax on my trim on my E70. How do I remove it?
TIA!

Old 05-15-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320kplus View Post
Got some wax on my trim on my E70. How do I remove it?
TIA!

Update:
Weather has for the most part broken here. Started claying my car this morning.
Sooooo... how do you get dried wax off of trim AND how do you remove what look like baked on soapy water spots of of the chrome trim around an e70?

Old 05-30-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320kplus View Post
Update:
Weather has for the most part broken here. Started claying my car this morning.
Sooooo... how do you get dried wax off of trim AND how do you remove what look like baked on soapy water spots of of the chrome trim around an e70?

Did we lose you?

Old 05-30-2020, 09:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 530i Sport
Try vinegar and/or a mild polish for the water spots.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > The Detail Department
Today's Posts Search