BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Anyone use the credit card holder?

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MKBUSC 
#1 ·
Does anyone use the built-in credit card holders in the center console's armrest?

At first, I didn't know what they were, then I went to the parts diagram and it shows item #5 as being credit card holders. There's a left & right one...obviously for each side. I would never think to place a CC holder inside the car...but I never walk around with just a plain credit card. But I guess if one was in a circumstance were they didn't carry their wallet or purse etc...you could have a place to insert your credit card and drivers license...and secure them in the armrest. :dunno:

{#5 is a credit card holder...and there's one in each side of the armrest}

See less See more
#3 ·
I posted this question on another f06/f12/f13 forum and got some replies that opened up my perspective with some great suggestions/usage.
  • If you use a parking pass for reserved parking...you could store that pass (if it is CC sized)
  • If you park and ride (ie a train etc) you could keep/secure) your rail card since you only use it when driving the car
  • You can keep store your motel/hotel key card there when out & about...then retrieve it when returning and save space in your wallet.
  • If you have something like a Starbucks card where you stop for coffee every morning on your way to work...you could store it there.
  • You can store your employee ID card if you drive the car to work everyday

#6 ·
I put my Car Wash card there........

Too bad the insurance card isn't the same size, I would put it there. Maybe I'll fold it up and slip it into a mylar holder just to put it in there, instead of in the visor.

Which reminds me of another disappointment between the F06 and my past E38.........the visor mirror is tiny in comparison!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.