Found correct 94R battery at Walmart - Page 7 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 11-06-2014, 02:14 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishful Thinking View Post
Bob, you are usually a font of information and certainly an asset to this community. But, in this case, you are wrong.

You can quote s-loads of documentation, but it doesnt change the fact that I took my original, stock BMW battery with me into Walmart, put it on the floor side by side with both the H7 and the H8, and the H7 was the battery that matched my stock battery to the millimeter. I then installed the H7 and did not have to adjust the hold down bar at all. It fit perfectly. Actual personal experience trumps "documentation" every day.

This is not to say an H8 won't fit. But the H7 was the exact same dimensions as my stock BMW battery.
You better do your homework before calling me out, Skippy....

I never said that you were wrong, only that Walmart`s listing info is wrong....there are dozens (if not more) of E46 owners who will testify that the H8 is a direct plug-in, no problems or adjustments needed.

*Please support the Disabled American Veterans*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
You better do your homework before calling me out, Skippy....

I never said that you were wrong, only that Walmart`s listing info is wrong....there are dozens (if not more) of E46 owners who will testify that the H8 is a direct plug-in, no problems or adjustments needed.
We're arguing semantics, but here's your statement: "Nope....Walmart`s listings are wrong. There`s a sh!tload of documentation that the H8 is a perfect fit in the E46...."identical dimensions to the factory battery" is how it`s described.... "

The H8 is NOT have "identical dimensions to the factory battery." It is physically larger.

The H7 does have the same external dimensions as the stock battery. I determined that emperically, in person, using a stock BMW battery.

There's no "calling out," just statement of fact. Do what you will with that, I really don't care.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 325ci
So I still haven't got the battery but now I don't know H7 or H8? LOL
Old 11-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46325ci View Post
So I still haven't got the battery but now I don't know H7 or H8? LOL
Do a little research, there`s plenty of folks who have used both....

*Please support the Disabled American Veterans*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 12-10-2014, 10:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 325xi
Thumbs up EverStart MAXX H8

Just replaced my second OEM battery with the EverStart MAXX H8 at Walmart. 900 CCA versus the OEM's 640, and they install it for FREE.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search