F30 Headlight issue - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 10-17-2019, 09:26 AM

Mein Auto:
F30 Headlight issue

Sorry this post will be kinda long so please be patient ***x1f642;. I bought a USA specs 328i model year 2015 from copart like 6 months ago. I had no issues at all untill 2 consecutive days from like a month ago. 1st day i hit my front bumper right side very minor hit and it just got teared from lower part and no headlight was involved. The second day i was carrying alloy wheel in the trunk and i dont have a trunk matt so the fuse box and computer of the car were exposed. Few hours later i got "daytime/parking light malfunction" on dasboard and found out that the front right angel eyes are not working. on the first days of the error the issue was coming and going, as if i restarted the car it might work fine for a whole day and the next day it malfunctions again. Then now it became permanent. Something worth noting that everytime i unlock the car the front right angel eyes flashes for less than a second and it goes off again. The problem didnt end at that point as since few days i started getting "adaptive headlight malfunction" and "headlamp vertical control unit malfunction" and its also random now might/not go away with restarting. I went before and did reprogramming for the headlight error and it still persist. From the 1st few days i got the car sometimes i hear something like a ticking sound i hear it only once and its from the side that the headlight issue is in. I dont know if this is indicating anything. I got sick of it because no local electrician here helped me. The most recent solution i thinked of was unistalling my OEM halo rings and replace it with aftermarket altenative. Thinking specially about the RGB multicolor features. If anyone encountered the same issues as i did or anyone have a solution please tell me. Also your thoughts about the aftermarket halo rings.

Thanks in advance ***x1f642;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190924-WA0002_1571325989159.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	868547  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2019, 10:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 17 f30 318i
did you check if everything plugged in correctly and not loose? maybe things move around when you drive? just a theory i'm not an electrician and i know nothing about headlights/electricity in cars
Old 10-17-2019, 11:14 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinef30zh View Post
did you check if everything plugged in correctly and not loose? maybe things move around when you drive? just a theory i'm not an electrician and i know nothing about headlights/electricity in cars
i think if its something loose it might come and go untill now. However i dont know how to check if there is something loose ***x1f604; ! .. any idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2019, 01:27 PM

Mein Auto: bimmer
Since the trunk fuse box was exposed and heavy objects were carried in trunk, do check if any of the fuses are popped out or something like that.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:39 PM

Mein Auto: 17 f30 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOoDZz View Post
i think if its something loose it might come and go untill now. However i dont know how to check if there is something loose ***x1f604; ! .. any idea?
you have to remove the wheel, and remove the fender liner, then access the headlight and see if everything is plugged in, atleast thats how i think they do it.
if you have instagram give me your name i'll dm you a video of someone accessing the headlights.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:14 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessman View Post
Since the trunk fuse box was exposed and heavy objects were carried in trunk, do check if any of the fuses are popped out or something like that.
i checked it all fuses are running fine. Just checked with a smiple screw that all fuses lightens it on i dont know if this is enough.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:16 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinef30zh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOoDZz View Post
you have to remove the wheel, and remove the fender liner, then access the headlight and see if everything is plugged in, atleast thats how i think they do it.
if you have instagram give me your name i'll dm you a video of someone accessing the headlights.
yes i know this procedure i saw it. Probably i will do that but am afraid of doing it myself and at the same time it will require alot of money if i let some mechanic do it so i was hesitant and didnt put alot of hope on the fact that it will be only something loose
Old 10-22-2019, 02:52 PM

Mein Auto:
UPDATED:the daytime light that i said is broken worked again today for few minutes i feel this thing is worth mentioning. What I found today after some research that there is a relation between ride height sensors and the headlight control unit or so. If there is some BMW experts here who can help. I dont think the problem is from the LED module as i expected because it still has the ability to operate. I bought the car 6 months back and while doing computer checking on all car systems we received an error with the ride height sensors or so "i dont remember the error code or name correctly" and i was told that its nothing important at all and it were issues free untill i changed the Alloywheels set. Upgraded from 17 inch to 19 inch. In that exact same day I got the dayyime/parking lamp malfunction error for the first time and from that exact day the headlight started messing up with me. Can anyone who has an idea between ride height sensors and headlight control unit relation help me please i dont wanna order LED module online and end up with no benefit. Does this need some kind of reprogramming or so. I know the problem is very rare and the relation is so weird between such ride height error and headlight not working but your help will be really so much appreciated Im totally pissed off.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to amancuso
Mein Auto: Z3, 528i, M5, X5, Jetta
Isn't Copart for cars with salvage titles? Maybe the wiring is damaged somewhere from a prior collision?
Old 10-23-2019, 12:15 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
Isn't Copart for cars with salvage titles? Maybe the wiring is damaged somewhere from a prior collision?
it showed that its enhanced vehicle. But generally everything were flawless except that ride height error when buying and never encountered an issue before rrplacing the wheels set. The car height should have been changed a bit

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search