Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - 2017)

X5 F15 (2014 - 2017)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 X5 35d
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+

Moving from DWS06 to these for the X5d. Seem to get similar reviews, but I always like Mich better. Standard wheel size, 255/50 R19.

Anyone elese? There is no N-Spec in this size
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2019, 09:30 AM
Constantly Learning

Mein Auto: 2016 X5, 2006 M3, 2002 M5
Good tire. FWIW like them on my M5. All seasons have come a long way. Need one M car I can drive in cold weather.

For our new F15 I'm getting the Contis. Has the 20" staggered wheels and I don't think the N-Spec are worth paying extra $400+.

Wife's chariot - 2016 xDrive 3.5i, Sapphire over Black. M Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Driver Assist and Plus, Luxury and MultiContour Seats, Roof Rails, Harman Kardon
Old 10-18-2019, 09:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgy36-39 View Post
Good tire. FWIW like them on my M5. All seasons have come a long way. Need one M car I can drive in cold weather.

For our new F15 I'm getting the Contis. Has the 20" staggered wheels and I don't think the N-Spec are worth paying extra $400+.
Conti's were nice, but took some time to break in and balance. I got about 25K miles on them here in Pennsy, we can compare... heard bit stiffer sidewall on Mich too, so perhaps a bit sportier.

Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2019, 07:23 PM

Mein Auto: X5 2016 x35i
I replaced the original factory RF Goodyear LS tires are 54,000.

Benefits: I can drive in any wet conditions and not lose control or "hydroplane". The ride is significantly smoother with less road noise.

Cons: The spirited drivability when cornering is not the same. I don't feel as glued to the road without the stiffness of the RF sidewalls. It's not terrible, but the sharpness and feedback isn't as quick without RF tires.

Overall: Unless you live in dry warm climates year round it is a no brainer to switch. You lose a bit of the aggressive cornering for the capability to drive safely in wet conditions. I can't say much for the wear and tear, but they did come with a mileage warranty, so at least if they fall short you get pro rated on the next set of tires.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW z4
I personally prefer the Conti DWS06 over the Michelins for any kind of snow/ice on the roads. Seeing that winter is right around the corner in my area I personally went with the DWS06 a yesterday when I got fresh tires.

The Michelins really shine in the dry/wet. But in the snow you need to feather the peddle when starting from a dead stop and be extra cautious going around turns at normal speeds when there is snow on the road.

The DWS06 tread design is better equipped for snow because of the jagged tread lines instead of the straight rows and because it has a ton of those micro ribs in the valleys of the tread.

If you live from the halfway point of the country or south go with the Michelins if you live to the north of that line go with the DWS, especially this time of year.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - 2017)
Today's Posts Search