RaceChip GTS Black Opinions - Page 4 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)

F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
The sixth generation of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) was produced from 2011 - 2016 with LCI updates arriving in 2014. In the US BMW offered a hatchback 5 Series Gran Truismo (F07) and the rest of the world also go a Station Wagon/Touring version F11.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:45 AM

Mein Auto: 535x
Racechip GTS installed on my 2014 535i xdrive (f10 n55) 48,000 miles on it- using the out of
the box default #5 settingon the Racechip.

Hardest part was getting the clips apart. Plug/play, zip tie wires and Racechip box was basic. Again it's the clips that took the most time and was the most aggravating. As for driving, So far so good ..only put 5 miles on it. I am taking it from Boston to Brockton wich is is about 40 miles. I will report back and answer as many questions I can. Early observations in the 5 miles- pulls hard from a stopped position. You can feel it put your ass back in the seat. Quicker throttle response. Again these are just quick observations. I will get 60 to 100 and general on ramp off ramp observations later today.i will try and help anyone with questions the best I can. So far I like it...a lot.

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2018, 05:55 PM

Mein Auto: All BMWs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu550ix View Post
So it looks like my earlier post wasn't approved. Wondering if someone is trying to cover up this since they are a paid sponsor. I hope not.
We have no influence on the page and even if we had, it would not be very smart to delete posts.
In fact, we also had cases where our posts got lost somehow.

Quote:
Here is a picture of Facebook posts from your page that is posted on the Internet.
The GTS has the same power as the Ultimate and the Ultimate was downgraded.
Fooling us quite a bit. Do you want me to buy the "new" box again now for more money with the same power while my old product was artificially downgraded?
We did not downgrade any product that we already sold. Every customer still has the same performance upgrade he or she originally purchased. (It is technologically impossible. Only if you have the app version, we can change the software. Still, the customer must download the new software).
The case was following:
We released the new product generation while we still had the old product generation on stock. Of course, we wanted to sell it, because it costed a lot of money to produce it. To sell it, we had to reduce the price (otherwise people would have bought only the new generation or existing customers would have complained). Because we reduced the price of the Ultimate and had a new top product with a very similar power increase, we reduced the power increase of the product.
This was a management decision and I understand if you criticize it. However, no matter what we would have done, someone would have criticized us. If we would have sold the product with the same power increase, all existing customers would have complained, because they paid much more for the product. All in all, we did not fool anybody or force to buy the new product. We are not Apple and reduce the performance of the products of our customers.
Quote:
And then there are engine damages.
I donít know this case in detail, but the way RaceChip works it does not cause engine damage. Generally speaking: We sold far more than 500,000 products. If our products would cause engine damage, you would read far more cases in the forums. How likely is the chance that 1 of 500,000 cars has an engine damage without RaceChip? Probably the same as with RaceChip.

Quote:
And a few posts up they say they cannot find skilled people. So you are calling us Americans dumb? In a country where microchips were invented (Fairchild and Texas Instruments if anyone cares)?
Reading my statement again, it indeed sounds ambiguous. I apologize for that. The reason is not the fact that there are no good people. The reason is that there are a lot of good and big companies with deep pockets attracting good people.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilguy_KC View Post
Terrible. They state on the website too that the GTS Black has built in Bluetooth, and warm up timer. After I installed the chip I noticed no Bluetooth connection? I contact the company and they said," that is t available on a 2014 BMW 550i". How is that that possible??? One of the most common engines in a BMW, and you don't offer it, even though you never told me that before I bought it???! I will be returning and go with Burger.
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you are disappointed. The app control via Bluetooth is optional. For products where it is available, it must be selected on top (and costs $50 on top). We state nowhere that it is included, we just say that it is available optionally. I am sorry to hear that you thought that it is included. Maybe we should explicitly state that the app control is NOT available for those products. I have to talk about this with our design team.
Furthermore, I will suggest our product development to make the Bluetooth option available for the 50i engine, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty954 View Post
Racechip GTS installed on my 2014 535i xdrive (f10 n55) 48,000 miles on it- using the out of
the box default #5 settingon the Racechip.

Hardest part was getting the clips apart. Plug/play, zip tie wires and Racechip box was basic. Again it's the clips that took the most time and was the most aggravating. As for driving, So far so good ..only put 5 miles on it. I am taking it from Boston to Brockton wich is is about 40 miles. I will report back and answer as many questions I can. Early observations in the 5 miles- pulls hard from a stopped position. You can feel it put your ass back in the seat. Quicker throttle response. Again these are just quick observations. I will get 60 to 100 and general on ramp off ramp observations later today.i will try and help anyone with questions the best I can. So far I like it...a lot.

Jeff
Hi Jeff, thank you very much for your feedback! I appreciate it.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 550i
Thanks that would be great if you could get BT support on the 550's. I would also suggest you put that on your website. It's kind of misleading.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:26 AM

update Racechip GTS:

highway driving over the weekend 300+ miles.
driving style:always spirited

this is just my opinion

car is more responsive
power increase when needed.
you don't know it is even installed until you need the power-drives normally.
off ramp merges into traffic 45 to 80...great response great power and feel.
60-100 quick responsive and a real good gain on speed throughout the tachometer.

for what it gives me to what i paid ($509 there is an online coupon) to me its well worth the power and torque gain.

i am gonna see if i get any gas mile increases over the next few weeks;

if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

jeff
Old 07-02-2018, 07:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 550i
Did you get the GTS Black? Where did you get the coupon?
Old 07-02-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilguy_KC View Post
Did you get the GTS Black? Where did you get the coupon?
no i have the GTS....NOT THE BLACK

just google "rachechip coupon codes"

and follow prompts.

if you are having trouble shoot me a DM

JEFF
Old 07-04-2018, 10:01 AM

we currently have a coupon code which gives you 100$ discount when ordering the GTS or the GTS Black, it is valid until 9th of July

Please see the following thread for more information:
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh....php?t=1279766
Old 07-04-2018, 10:15 AM
HAVOC 2 YOU

Mein Auto: 428xi Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceChip View Post
we currently have a coupon code which gives you 100$ discount when ordering the GTS or the GTS Black, it is valid until 9th of July

Please see the following thread for more information:
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh....php?t=1279766
Why are you trying to sell me a Race Chip when I just got as good or better from CPA Tuning for half your price? There are hundreds of tuners out there that can do the job or better than a Race Chip. I'm more than happy with what I have and the likelihood your chip could do more than a small incremental increase over what I have isn't worth my money. I bought them because they are out of Germany and specialize in German vehicles. That's all the trust I need. If your price were competitive I would have gladly bought your fine chip. These folks need to know that there is an alternative out there that is equal to anything out there. Sorry to say this on a forum that you sell on, but they need to know.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Why are you trying to sell me a Race Chip when I just got as good or better from CPA Tuning for half your price? There are hundreds of tuners out there that can do the job or better than a Race Chip. I'm more than happy with what I have and the likelihood your chip could do more than a small incremental increase over what I have isn't worth my money. I bought them because they are out of Germany and specialize in German vehicles. That's all the trust I need. If your price were competitive I would have gladly bought your fine chip. These folks need to know that there is an alternative out there that is equal to anything out there. Sorry to say this on a forum that you sell on, but they need to know.
Of course we know that there are many other tuners out there who are also offering good products, we don't see ourselves as the only alternative to use when it comes to chiptuning. But as we are one of the market leaders in chiptuning and as we are only using state-of-the-art technology which is fully developed and produced in Germany, we know of the quality of our products.

In the end it's the personal decision of every BMW driver out there if he wants to use a chiptuning and what product/brand to use
Old 07-04-2018, 10:37 AM
HAVOC 2 YOU

Quote:
We have no influence on the page and even if we had, it would not be very smart to delete posts.
In fact, we also had cases where our posts got lost somehow.

We did not downgrade any product that we already sold. Every customer still has the same performance upgrade he or she originally purchased. (It is technologically impossible. Only if you have the app version, we can change the software. Still, the customer must download the new software).
The case was following:
We released the new product generation while we still had the old product generation on stock. Of course, we wanted to sell it, because it costed a lot of money to produce it. To sell it, we had to reduce the price (otherwise people would have bought only the new generation or existing customers would have complained). Because we reduced the price of the Ultimate and had a new top product with a very similar power increase, we reduced the power increase of the product.
This was a management decision and I understand if you criticize it. However, no matter what we would have done, someone would have criticized us. If we would have sold the product with the same power increase, all existing customers would have complained, because they paid much more for the product. All in all, we did not fool anybody or force to buy the new product. We are not Apple and reduce the performance of the products of our customers.

I donít know this case in detail, but the way RaceChip works it does not cause engine damage. Generally speaking: We sold far more than 500,000 products. If our products would cause engine damage, you would read far more cases in the forums. How likely is the chance that 1 of 500,000 cars has an engine damage without RaceChip? Probably the same as with RaceChip.

Reading my statement again, it indeed sounds ambiguous. I apologize for that. The reason is not the fact that there are no good people. The reason is that there are a lot of good and big companies with deep pockets attracting good people.
Why would you argue with a customer on BimmerFest? Just sayin...
Old 07-04-2018, 03:57 PM
HAVOC 2 YOU

Quote:
Of course we know that there are many other tuners out there who are also offering good products, we don't see ourselves as the only alternative to use when it comes to chiptuning. But as we are one of the market leaders in chiptuning and as we are only using state-of-the-art technology which is fully developed and produced in Germany, we know of the quality of our products.

In the end it's the personal decision of every BMW driver out there if he wants to use a chiptuning and what product/brand to use
Only one in Germany? I think not. Yes, you are a market leader and I have no intention of disparaging your product. There are others in Germany making essentially the exact same product with the exact same quality and charging less. CPA comes to mind and I brought them to the attention of other Bimmer loving owners so that they could choose their preferred product. That is all.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 550i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliskiier View Post
Why are you trying to sell me a Race Chip when I just got as good or better from CPA Tuning for half your price? There are hundreds of tuners out there that can do the job or better than a Race Chip.

Because itís a business?

Why is it imperative that you need to steer us to products which are in your opinion equivalent yet somehow cheaper? If folks go with your product and have install issues, shipping issues or malfunction issues are you going to handle them for us?

We can all do our own research and will buy what each are comfortable with.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Old 07-05-2018, 04:55 AM
2011 550i xDrive mSport

Mein Auto: 2011 550i xDrive mSport
Quote:
Only one in Germany? I think not. Yes, you are a market leader and I have no intention of disparaging your product. There are others in Germany making essentially the exact same product with the exact same quality and charging less. CPA comes to mind and I brought them to the attention of other Bimmer loving owners so that they could choose their preferred product. That is all.
RaceChip said "one OF" not the only one in Germany.

What's your problem, anyway? Why are you so rude to come into this thread, where people are interested in a product and the product's manufacturer is making themselves available to answer questions? I wish ALL product manufacturers were this concerned with potential customers, that they will answer question and question! They shouldn't have to put up with someone dropping in and crapping all over someone else's (very) informative conversation!

#SoRude
Old 07-05-2018, 05:13 AM
HAVOC 2 YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_stew View Post
RaceChip said "one OF" not the only one in Germany.

What's your problem, anyway? Why are you so rude to come into this thread, where people are interested in a product and the product's manufacturer is making themselves available to answer questions? I wish ALL product manufacturers were this concerned with potential customers, that they will answer question and question! They shouldn't have to put up with someone dropping in and crapping all over someone else's (very) informative conversation!

#SoRude
I am not an employee of CPA as many would have you believe folks and it does appear that I've struck a nerve by telling other Bimmer lovers that there is another great product for which they have the option of checking out. I was only pointing out to owners that there is an alternative. Sheesh. I guess this is a Race Chip forum. If you don't want me to inform people that work awful hard for their sterling or dollar I don't care. This is a thread about chips and I posted here so other owners could find it. As a matter of fact the guy from the alternative company replied to my e-mails in less than 5 minutes to clarify and assist in my installation. He also did it on a Sunday afternoon.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:53 AM
2011 550i xDrive mSport

Mein Auto: 2011 550i xDrive mSport
Quote:
I am not an employee of CPA as many would have you believe folks and it does appear that I've struck a nerve by telling other Bimmer lovers that there is another great product for which they have the option of checking out. I was only pointing out to owners that there is an alternative. Sheesh. I guess this is a Race Chip forum. If you don't want me to inform people that work awful hard for their sterling or dollar I don't care. This is a thread about chips and I posted here so other owners could find it. As a matter of fact the guy from the alternative company replied to my e-mails in less than 5 minutes to clarify and assist in my installation. He also did it on a Sunday afternoon.
This is NOT a thread about chips. This thread is literally named "RaceChip GTS Black Opinions"

Don't come in here crapping all over the place, and then try to play the victim. I have no problem with learning there are alternatives. It is the way you've gone about that, which is at issue. You were being rude. Period. If you're going to be rude, be prepared for others to take what you're saying with a grain of salt and a whole lot of offense.

I love seeing vigorous discussion of products and the benefits of each product. I hate rude people. As far as I'm concerned, you can apologize and we can have civil conversation about the merits of the product you purchased. Otherwise, buzz off.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:26 PM
HAVOC 2 YOU

Heh,

You'll find a lot of rude debate on Facebook. I suggest you try it out. You'll get your hourly fix.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:30 PM

@d_stew thanks for your support!

As already said, we are not interested in only selling products here. We are here to answer your questions about chiptuning in general and to answer questions about RaceChip in particular. If you should have any questions or issues which need a solution, we are happy to give advice in any way possible
Old 07-05-2018, 03:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Heh,

You'll find a lot of rude debate on Facebook. I suggest you try it out. You'll get your hourly fix.
Last I checked this isn't facebook. We don't need threads being blown up with arguments. I agree for the most part with d_stew, although when asking for opinions, I do believe that opens the door for (civil) debate.

You said you owned and were happy with the GTS back on 4/12. If you switched, then you might want to make a thread on its own.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:46 PM

Mein Auto: 535i Xdrive F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by samadkins29 View Post
Quote:
Heh,

Last I checked this isn't facebook. We don't need threads being blown up with arguments. I agree for the most part with d_stew, although when asking for opinions, I do believe that opens the door for (civil) debate.

You said you owned and were happy with the GTS back on 4/12. If you switched, then you might want to make a thread on its own.
Dude came in here saying how something else is better but never said why or how. If the only product is so good why are these guys still in business? Why can't people at least back up their claims with evidence?
Old 09-25-2018, 01:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW 750Li
Hello everyone,

New to the forum. I have a 2010 750Li and looking into getting the GTS Black, but haven't seen anyone post about it on a 7 series. Has anyone here installed one on there yet?
Old 10-15-2019, 05:48 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
The GTS Black is our state-of-the-art product, but of course you also don't make any fault when using the RaceChip RS - it also gives you a satisfying increase of power. The advantage of the GTS Black is the technically more powerful board, which is able to process the sensor data faster and therefore leads to a more direct response of your vehicle.

The XLR also is a good choice, especially on vehicles with automatic transmission. Cars with an automatic gearbox often have a short delay in response when pushing the throttle from a standing position, e.g. when moving off from a red light. With the RaceChip XLR installed, the response time of the throttle is massively decreased and the vehicle can move almost immediately. Also, the combination of a RaceChip tuning and the XLR works fine, both products are developed to work simultaneously.

Can you please send me installation pictures for the gts black on 2016 428i coupe please

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
Today's Posts Search