Jumped my 2005 645ci and a lot of my electronics dont work - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 10-09-2019, 03:38 PM

Mein Auto:
Jumped my 2005 645ci and a lot of my electronics dont work

Hey there! Im an e46 owner and recently got an 05 645ci as a project car. It was running fine when I first got it but I left the battery inside the car for over a month and it went dead. I made the stupid mistake of trying to jump the car from the front and now my windshield wipers wont stop going, my windows don't work, locks don't work, OBDII port wont connect to any computer that is connected, the tachometer wont work, and the convertible top wont come down. The car starts and runs fine but I have all of these electrical issues. I was looking at people who've had the same problem with the windshield wipers say it could be the body control module, but I don't want to throw money into getting another one if that isn't the problem so i'd appreciate if anyone had any recommendations on how I could check for what the issue might be. I had a family friend who's a mechanic for a BMW dealership come and check it out but his computer couldn't connect to the OBDII port and he's stumped too; says i probably blew something up. All of the fuses are fine btw.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2019, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 05 645Ci, 14 750 M-Sport
Try leaving the battery disconnected overnight, & see if the car will go back to normal. If your battery voltage is very low, it could cause all kinds of problems. Measure the voltage at the jump terminal with the headlights on & the key on, not the engine running. Measure the voltage & give us an update.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 4 BMWs, 1 Mini, 1 Vespa
Is the battery still serviceable? A failing battery will cause all kinds of possessed like behavior in these cars. Id say you’re there.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
jumping a car, locks malfunction, obdii malfunction, windshield wiper malfunction

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search