05 645 secondary air question - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions

General BMW Questions
Use this forum to ask general question about the BMW ownership and keep up on the latest BMW news. Direct all model specific questions to model specific forums below.

Old 10-12-2019, 01:36 PM

Mein Auto:
had to start a new name since it's been a while since I logged in...

just picked up an 05 645i that's got a p0492 code. I jumped the pump and was able to hear/feel slight air coming out of both tail pipes. I pulled off the passenger side check valve and was able to verify a rush of air into the head. Stuck my finger in the pipe heading into the head and didn't feel any blockage. I didn't feel any leaks anywhere in the lines. Still throwing a p0492 code. Any suggestions as to what else I should look into?

Car shows some signs of having been in a slight accident before and Im confident this isn't the original 2A pump, but it's working good.

Thanks fellas

Last edited by Deltaparty09; 10-12-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2019, 01:52 PM

Mein Auto:
Looks like both banks finally set. Going to grab some sea foam and give that the ol college try I guess. Looks like there is a filter for the 2A air. Wondering if that's clogged up and getting inadequate flow.
Old 10-12-2019, 04:27 PM

Mein Auto:
1997 318 ti .I'm looking for interchangeable parts for this model.anybody know of another model that has interchangeable parts with mi e
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2019, 12:41 AM

Mein Auto:
Looks like there is a filter for the 2A air. Wondering if that's clogged up and getting inadequate flow. myprepaidbalance.com _sl_
Old 10-15-2019, 06:14 PM

Mein Auto:
A spam response and a question about what parts fit on a 4cyl BMW...SMH. awesome work

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions
Today's Posts Search