No heat. - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 10-21-2019, 05:46 AM

Mein Auto:
No heat.

Can someone please help me locate the heater control valve on my 06 325i. I've looked everywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2019, 09:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi E91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twojohns View Post
Can someone please help me locate the heater control valve on my 06 325i. I've looked everywhere.
Apparently NOT since you asked same question 7 months ago and nobody gave a specific answer.
I looked up your prior threads trying to see if you ever indicated WHERE in the world you are located. Equipment installed on a particular model varies by country in which it is sold. Many/Most US vehicles, at least from 2007 onward, had NO Water Valve (Y4a) or Auxiliary Water Pump (M37).

IF your vehicle HAS one, it would be located as shown in the link below, TIS "Installation Location" for Water Valve, Y4a. That is showing it Low on the engine side of the Left Strut Tower (note the diagonal brace from the top of strut tower). I would think you would have seen that when you changed the Starter a month ago, IF your 325i HAS that Valve:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...lve/1VnbhPr7F8

Here is the TIS circuit diagram for "Heating & A/C Functions" for your 2006 325i, which shows the circuit for Water Valve (Y4a) & Auxiliary Water Pump (M37), BUT simply because those components are shown on the schematic does NOT mean your vehicle actually has them installed. My 3/14//2007 build date 328xi does NOT have either of those components (NOTHING at base of L Strut Tower on Engine/Inboard side except coolant hose going to firewall & heater core). However they are shown on same circuit diagram for my model & build date.
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...bution/hwh7J2T

Before doing anything more than visually checking to see if those components exist on your 325i, I would suggest posting your vehicle's exact symptoms -- what works & what does NOT work, related to the Climate Control System. "No Heat" covers a LOT of territory.

As example, does your Climate Control Panel "Light up" when you press the Auto Button or set blower speed? Does you Blower function at various speeds from Slow to Fast as it should? Do the buttons that direct air flow to Footwell, Facia & Windscreen/Defrost Vents work? Does A/C cool? Can you regulate temp on BOTH Driver & Passenger side independently with L & R thermostats? With BOTH thermostats set at HOTTEST position, do you get heat to footwell on ONE side, but NOT the other? Is your Coolant Reservoir at proper level? Have you drained & refilled Cooling System at any time prior to loss of heat? Did you run Pump to Bleed cooling system after any cooling system repairs?

A LOT of details, so just take it a step at a time, beginning with describing your symptoms, and someone can help. When you have some spare time, it wouldn't hurt to get familiar with what information is available in TIS. It will save you a LOT of time & frustration in the future, and give you a sense of comfort to know how you can approach virtually ANY question you may have about your vehicle, and improve your concepts of how various systems work.

I will start a new thread: "newTIS: How to Use a GREAT Reference" to promote sharing of information about (a) WHAT is in TIS, and (b) HOW to use it to quickly find what you need. Check that out to save yourself a LOT of time, and contribute to that thread to share Tips YOU have found.

George

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search