Problems with 2018 X1 hatch - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 F48 (2016 - current)

X1 F48 (2016 - current)
Second generation F48 BMW X1 builds on the success of it's predecessor. Increases in power, interior and cargo space keep it a leader in the small SUV field.

Old 01-15-2019, 04:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi
Problems with 2018 X1 hatch

I have a 2018 X1. The rear hatch has come down myself and my wife on several occasions. It also goes up once in a while. Dealership says the button on the keyfob being accidently pushed. Sure. Last week the hatch went up while I was driving at 40 mph. Anyone experienced this? Any ideas. Dealership is adversarial, talked with them 5 days ago, no response.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2019, 11:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F48 X1, JGC, 911C2S Cab
Search this forum for additional information on this topic - there are quite a few posts on it.

I experienced the exact same thing. The problem is definitely not with the key fob. (Mine was in a BMW key fob case, which prevented the buttons from inadvertently being pressed while in my pocket.)

The problem (which neither BMW or the dealers will admit) is with a faulty optical sensor (too sensitive).

To correct the problem, I had BMW disable the functionality (kick under the rear of the vehicle to open the tailgate.)

Ridiculous that BMW doesn't address this properly.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:55 AM

Mein Auto: 11 F25 35i , 17 F48 28i
Take a look for possible solutions I posted on other forum, either code or take your vehicle to dealer and show them the bulletin (sib) to replace sensor.

https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1567265
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2019, 07:07 AM

Mein Auto: BMW x1
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronperlman View Post
I have a 2018 X1. The rear hatch has come down myself and my wife on several occasions. It also goes up once in a while. Dealership says the button on the keyfob being accidently pushed. Sure. Last week the hatch went up while I was driving at 40 mph. Anyone experienced this? Any ideas. Dealership is adversarial, talked with them 5 days ago, no response.

Thanks.
I have 2017 X1 and had nothing but problems with the "hands-free" tailgate. I crawled below and behind the bumper found the plug and disabled it and no problems since. I don't miss it a bit.
I mostly like the X1 it's my first BMW, but it will be my last, when the warranty is up I'm moving on. Back to a car with an oil dipstick or more likely an EV.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:22 PM

Mein Auto: '09 E90 328, '17 F48 X1 M
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronperlman View Post

Thanks.
Your hatch opened while car was on the road doing 40mph????????? Damn thing won't open for me when I just stop and hit the open button to let my wife grab something out of the back unless I put the shifter into park...which I don't always remember to do.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:04 PM

Mein Auto: X1
Dealer disconnected bumper sensors on my vehicle about a year ago. No problems since
This feature is a waste of time and $$$ and frankly dangerous and unreliable.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 F48 (2016 - current)
Today's Posts Search