M850i Convertible - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 8 Series G15 (2018 - Current)

8 Series G15 (2018 - Current)

Old 04-03-2019, 04:15 AM

Mein Auto:
M850i Convertible

Just picked up my convertible. Carbon Black with red interior. Traded in a 2016 650 convertible. Initial impressions: looks great, quicker off the start, smoother ride, tighter handling!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2019, 06:09 AM
redhot47fla

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 535d
Congrats! What packages and options? Also...photos?
Retired: 2014 535d, Carbon Black/Mocha
Retired: 2013 535i, Space Gray Metallic, Oyster/Black Dakota
Old 04-03-2019, 06:25 AM

Mein Auto:
Options

Driver assistance pro and neck warmer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1164.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	846339  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2019, 06:29 AM
redhot47fla

Outstanding! Enjoy. Itís a terrific machine.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:00 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 6GT
Beautiful combo. My Barcelona Blue convertible arrived in the port in NJ about 25 miles away three weeks ago. I was told three times by dealer that I would have the car in three days only to be disappointed. Finally I was told that "all the convertibles in port were being held for a rework, nothing more." Fearing the worse I did some homework and found that BMW has two centers in port, one is the "Quick Fix Center" and the other is the "Heavy Damage Center" to handle any problems in shipment. Assuming the worse I kept bugging my dealer for the reason the car is being reworked but got no answer. A call to BMW Customer service got no answer as well. I next emailed the head of BMW US Sales (know a simple way that 90% of the time gets email of top people at companies) to complain about being mislead on delivery and ask what rework was being done. A BMW rep called me two days later to say a grommet to protect the wires going to the trunk was left off by the factory on the last run of convertibles and they were waiting for a batch to arrive from Germany to be installed before delivery. I was assured that car would be released for delivery to dealer this Weds, two days from now. Based on the events of the recent past I will believe it when I see it. If there is a further delay I am seriously thinking of cancelling the order.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:17 AM

Mein Auto:
Only a week for me

My dealer came up with several choices of cars that evidently were already at the port facility. Made my choice and, within a week, I was driving it! After a several hour road trip this weekend, I can confirm that to me, the handling, acceleration, and ride comfort are all an improvement over my 2016 650. And lots of appreciative looks and comments from people.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:51 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 6GT
I was assured that car would be released for delivery to dealer this Weds, two days from now. Based on the events of the recent past I will believe it when I see it. If there is a further delay I am seriously thinking of cancelling the order.[/QUOTE]

To finish the story (see earlier post)...Called the dealer in two days and best he could say was "I'll make an inquiry."I emailed BMW National Sales Head and got a message back that he was out of town and unavailable and to email his assistant. I emailed his assistant who never got back to me. I then canceled the order, found a car 50 miles away and negotiated a better deal while picking up the car the next day. The original salesman, his boss and his boss's boss have all called me to try to save the sale blaming the numerous delays and false delivery dates on BMW. Worst car purchase experience I have ever had. Fortunately the M850i I eventually purchased is fun to drive and meets or exceeds all my expectations.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:32 PM
redhot47fla

Glad it worked out, and you certainly did the right thing. Especially at that price point, your local dealership owed you very much more attention and focus than you received. Now, they have paid for it.

I've had a somewhat similar experience with my M850 coupe. Nettlesome things kept happening to it and the service department (and, ultimately, upper management) simply kept shrugging me off.

Anyway, hopefully both of our situations are now resolved.

Details, please, on what you ended up with. Colors, packages, etc.

And, of course, a photo.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
convertible

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 8 Series G15 (2018 - Current)
Today's Posts Search