2020 230i ED Pricing - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)

F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
The 2 Series coupe is the replacement for the E82/E88 1 series coupe. Production starts in November 2013 on the 228i (N20) and M235i (N55) coupes. Look for them in dealerships in February 2014. The convertible F23 2 series will follow in the fall of 2014.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
2020 230i ED Pricing

Total newbie here and to BMW in general. I have studied here but I am still intimidated. Thanks for all of the indirect help so far.

So, here is what I hope to order and maybe very soon.

2020 230i convertible
Sunset Orange/Oyster/Black SensaTec
M Sport Design

MSRP $47,760 including destination.

-$2,055 European Delivery discount
-$2,000 Cash Incentive discount

I have only seen the invoice on the base and that mark up is about $2,500. So it is unreasonable to ask for another $2,000 off? I figure that gives them that $500+ plus whatever the profit is on the options. I don't resent the dealer for making money.

Just for round numbers, how does $42,000 plus 7% sales tax and $199 dealer paperwork fee and $15 title fee sound?

Thank you so much in advance. I still need the courage to go to Munich but I think it sounds exciting and I have a stash of frequent flyer miles I really need to use sometime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2019, 04:41 PM

Mein Auto: '15 M235Xi,ex e30,e39
Btdt. Euro delivery is a whoot. You get 14 days of insurance from BMW. Drive it like you stole it on the autobahn. Watch the speed limits (ask me how I know). Drop it off at the airport. Pick it up at the dealer 5 weeks later. Not as good a deal as it used to be. But you still save rental $. Check with all dealers within 75 mi. Deal email only. Play the top 2-4 against each other. You wonít be disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2019, 09:26 PM
just copacetic!!!

Mein Auto: '16 428i GC
$500 above dealer invoice is about right, depending on whether they need to reach their monthly quota. With the incentives, you have a very decent deal, but be sure to read the small print regarding the incentives. There's a purchase by dateline and requirement to finance through BMW. Also, if my recollection is correct, the purchase incentive is not available if doing an ED, but this might have changed recently. Regardless, the 230i MSptPkg is just a fun car to drive.
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2019, 09:43 PM

Mein Auto: V6 Accord Cpe & Stang GT
2020 230i ED Pricing

$199 doc fee and $15 title fee is super low. Most doc fees are 3x that and title way more.

Anyway if you can get $5k off thatís good. I ordered new 2018 230i last Dec and got 5.5k off MSRP of 45k plus received strong trade-In for my 4 year old V6 Accord Coupe
Old 05-20-2019, 10:11 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks1 View Post
$199 doc fee and $15 title fee is super low. Most doc fees are 3x that and title way more.
I agree. There have been some recent local lawsuits over this. I told the guy don't surprise me, no matter what.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks1 View Post
Anyway if you can get $5k off thatís good. I ordered new 2018 230i last Dec and got 5.5k off MSRP of 45k plus received strong trade-In for my 4 year old V6 Accord Coupe
Well, 2000 of it is ED. I think that is worth it to me because: 1) I can fly in a sleeper seat for free. (sans a relatively small tax) 2) I can stay for free and 3) I have never been to Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDown View Post
$500 above dealer invoice is about right, depending on whether they need to reach their monthly quota. With the incentives, you have a very decent deal, but be sure to read the small print regarding the incentives. There's a purchase by dateline and requirement to finance through BMW. Also, if my recollection is correct, the purchase incentive is not available if doing an ED, but this might have changed recently. Regardless, the 230i MSptPkg is just a fun car to drive.
I do not have a formal price from the dealer yet. I do have to verify the details but one of the discounts is specifically for cash. I do have a couple of other discounts (mainly from work) that probably won't apply on the ED.

Thanks....everyone. Keep the info coming. I am quite confident the dealer will say all I am getting off is the ED and cash discount but I am not going to for that. I don't need PCD but I already told them I can use any dealer if I have to. Just further FYI, I was there on Friday and they weren't busy at all. They are being killed by a current major road construction project and I am hoping that works to my advantage.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:35 AM

Mein Auto:
Oh car dealers....I knew it. It isn't that I didn't expect it but the guy now says that the $2000 off for paying cash doesn't apply on ED which basically wipes out the entire ED discount.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:34 PM
just copacetic!!!

Mein Auto: '16 428i GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by indufan View Post
Oh car dealers....I knew it. It isn't that I didn't expect it but the guy now says that the $2000 off for paying cash doesn't apply on ED which basically wipes out the entire ED discount.
Guess that exclusion still applies currently, sorry about that.
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite
Old 05-24-2019, 07:06 AM

Mein Auto: 2018 M240i
2020 230i ED Pricing

Youíll enjoy driving in Germany! The Germans, the most part, drive as if driving is a privilege. Here are several of pieces of advice:
1. Get google maps for your smartphone unless the car has nav. My wife and I have used google maps all over Europe and itís never failed us. I have nav in my 2018 M240i and I have never used it; I use google maps!
2. DO NOT EVER drive a car in Germany while holding a phone in one of your hands as the fine is outrageous. This is especially applicable for driving on the Autobahn. We have visited and driven in Germany several times and I can remember only 1 instance where Iíve seen a driver of a moving car holding a cell phone. Have your companion do the navigating.
3. Remember to keep the car within the factory recommended speed and rev limits until the car has 1200 miles on the odometer. Check the owners manual for specifics. You might consider an oil and filter change at 1200 miles to be safe. Ok, thatís a little over the top!
4. DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE! The German penalties for D&D are as bad if not worse than those in the US. While the Germans love their bier they do not tolerate D&D.
5. Have fun driving you bimmer in Germany. Itíll be a blast.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:27 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozandrini View Post
Youíll enjoy driving in Germany! The Germans, the most part, drive as if driving is a privilege. Here are several of pieces of advice:
1. Get google maps for your smartphone unless the car has nav. My wife and I have used google maps all over Europe and itís never failed us. I have nav in my 2018 M240i and I have never used it; I use google maps!
2. DO NOT EVER drive a car in Germany while holding a phone in one of your hands as the fine is outrageous. This is especially applicable for driving on the Autobahn. We have visited and driven in Germany several times and I can remember only 1 instance where Iíve seen a driver of a moving car holding a cell phone. Have your companion do the navigating.
3. Remember to keep the car within the factory recommended speed and rev limits until the car has 1200 miles on the odometer. Check the owners manual for specifics. You might consider an oil and filter change at 1200 miles to be safe. Ok, thatís a little over the top!
4. DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE! The German penalties for D&D are as bad if not worse than those in the US. While the Germans love their bier they do not tolerate D&D.
5. Have fun driving you bimmer in Germany. Itíll be a blast.
1. Thanks. I am not paying the $1700 for the nav.
2. Wouldn't have anyway.
3. I will keep that in mind.
4. Wouldn't have been an issue anyway.
5. It would have been a blast but the numbers aren't even close. While it still isn't ordered, it may be today and the lack of incentives is killing the ED. The dealer clearly isn't interested. They took exactly the amount off for the ED discount and nothing else. For US delivery, they took $1,400 off the MSRP and $5400 worth of incentive discount and ED is FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS HIGHER on the bottom line.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search