Help- Recent ED Dealers or CAs - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 05-18-2019, 08:09 AM

Mein Auto:
Help- Recent ED Dealers or CAs

Most of the names recommended here were out of date. Some have left, others did not respond to emails. I am looking for CAs in VA/DC/MD, but also open to PCD so I can work with a respected CA. Could someone who bought ED recently, please recommend a CA or dealership.
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2019, 08:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 18' Tesla Model 3 Perf.
You can always contact Greg Poland at Pacific BMW in glendale california if you are going to do ED + PCD. With that being said, if you are looking to do euro delivery because you are trying to get the car cheaper, thats not going to work out like that anymore.. and euro + PCD wont change that because the delivery is still in europe.

There is a discount for euro delivery, but most incentives do not apply, and the math works out almost always for the car to be delivered to the US cheaper than the euro delivery price.. .at least until you get to around 80-85k for the car as a break even point. If you are looking to euro delivery a 100k BMW for financial reasons, that will likely work, but other than that it likely wont.

Anyway, greg is still there, still knows how to do euro delivery, and still is very transparent on what he charges etc.

2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue |Blk Leather W/Blue Stiching | Alu. Rhombicle trim | Adaptive Suspension | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Wireless Charging | 21" 718 Wheels| | Executive Pack | HK Stereo (hers)

18' Tesla Model 3 Performance

BMW CCA #477341
Old 05-18-2019, 09:58 PM
The One who Drives.

Mein Auto: 18 TM3 EAP+FSD/18 JLUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
Anyway, greg is still there, still knows how to do euro delivery, and still is very transparent on what he charges etc.
Alex Dytko is out, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
Hah, high five! I see a trend here. Or maybe... a natural progression?

2018 TM3 MSM + FSD myself...

Trips and Pieces - My new blog for Travelers by Travelers!
Personal Euro Delivery Blog

My, somewhat outdated, BMW Euro Delivery of 2009 blog with pics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2019, 09:32 AM
Go Dawgs!

Mein Auto: 2010 E60 550i ZSP 6MT
In California, try reaching out to Brad Lindenstein ([email protected]) at Crevier in Orange County, CA. I negotiated a really great deal with him, and he was super easy to work with. I ultimately didn't place the order with him, but only because I was able to strong-arm my local (Seattle) dealership to play ball once they realized I had options outside of the Seattle area (Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Facebook skew the selling up here, big time).

IMHO: E39 < E60 > F10

In the Stable:
2010 E60 550i ZSP 6MT IAS
2019 G30 M550xi (ED July 8, 2019)

Retired:
2016 F82 ///M4 ZCP (ED July 6, 2016)
2011 F10 535xi ZSP (ED July 15, 2011)
2008 E60 550i ZSP (ED July 22, 2008)
2000 E39 540i ZSP 6MT

Member BMWCCA #402733
Old 05-20-2019, 10:37 AM
The One who Drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BickUW89 View Post
In California, try reaching out to Brad Lindenstein ([email protected]) at Crevier
As you probably know, we usually try to recommend a board sponsor to anybody asking for a referral for a CA who knows how to do ED properly. I am not aware if Brad is, let me know if that's true.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:00 PM

Mein Auto: '19 SG M5
I just completed a very painless ED with Joe Feng ([email protected]) from BMW of Catonville.

Highly recommended.

FYI
Old 05-27-2019, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 320i (F30)
Some of these European Delivery expert salesmen (they all seem to be men) stay at their jobs for a while, but new car sales positions tend to have high turnover. Despite trying, I never bought a car from the same person.

car 1: salesman left for a Mercedes dealer. I visited him there once. He did have a good reputation and a small internet following but he later had a stroke and died.

car 2: dealer closed up after a year or two

car 3: dealer closed up a few months later

car 4: bought by European Delivery. The salesman left a few months ago to be a real estate agent.

car 5: bought by European Delivery. The salesman is still there!
Step by step instructions when a hood release cable needs replacement. https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=981724
SIB 11 13 15 oil filter housing for the F30 - metal since mid-2013 and can be retrofitted without charge
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=951692
Old 05-27-2019, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 320i (F30)
Some of these European Delivery expert salesmen (they all seem to be men) stay at their jobs for a while, but new car sales positions tend to have high turnover. Despite trying, I never bought a car from the same person.

car 1: salesman left for a Mercedes dealer. I visited him there once. He did have a good reputation and a small internet following but he later had a stroke and died.

car 4: bought by European Delivery. The salesman left a few months ago to be a real estate agent.

Step by step instructions when a hood release cable needs replacement. https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=981724
SIB 11 13 15 oil filter housing for the F30 - metal since mid-2013 and can be retrofitted without charge
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=951692
Old 05-31-2019, 06:22 AM

Mein Auto: 18' Tesla Model 3 Perf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 20T View Post

whats the timeframe between these car acquisitions (just curious). Salespeople tend to turn over (commissioned sales is rough), so basically only highly successful salespeople with large books of repeat clients can stick it out.

Also, its a bit different if its 3 years in between each car (leased cars), or the typical turn over of a person buying their car (5-7 years between cars).

2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue |Blk Leather W/Blue Stiching | Alu. Rhombicle trim | Adaptive Suspension | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Wireless Charging | 21" 718 Wheels| | Executive Pack | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Old 06-01-2019, 10:16 AM
Thinking about ED #5

Mein Auto: Tesla P3D, XC90 R
afaik Adrian Avila is still at a BMW dealer in GA. One of the long-time experts. His LinkedIn shows him as the Finance Manager now; but I'm sure he could get someone set up.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2018 BMW X1 Xdrive
I highly recommend John Weltzien at Braman BMW West Palm Beach. Although I live 1300 miles away John gave me a great deal with no hassle pricing over the internet. We never met nor even spoke to each other directly. Everything was done online. Not only did he set us up for European Delivery in Munich but also he arranged for our car to be shipped to the PDC in South Carolina. Two great BMW experiences. I will be working with him again on my next BMW purchase.
2012 BMW 128i Convertible (red) RETIRED
2015 MINI Cooper Convertible (blue) RETIRED
2015 BMW X1 X Drive (blue) RETIRED
2018 BMW X1 X Drive (black)
Old 06-02-2019, 11:32 PM

Mein Auto: '19 SG M5
FWIW, I tried to work w/Adrian (he's at United BMW Gwinnett). But he couldn't get close to what Joe Feng did (Catonsville BMW).

FYI
Old 06-14-2019, 10:07 PM

Mein Auto: 16' F10 | 535i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurnwald View Post
FWIW, I tried to work w/Adrian (he's at United BMW Gwinnett). But he couldn't get close to what Joe Feng did (Catonsville BMW).

FYI
I have bought from Adrian several times before. I checked earlier this year as I considered an early ED, and since he is now finance he had me setup with another guy.

I don't know if this other guy missed the memo, but his price was not even in the same galaxy as what I'd expect from Adrian. I'm talking something like 40% higher than I had received elsewhere.

At this point I'm searching as well. I bought my last one from a local guy, he did ok. Not amazing price but good service and I was in a rush. I bought a used one for the wife from him a month later.

He promised me a good deal earlier but seems to be waffling on it in the last week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2019, 08:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2018 BMW X1 Xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandanio View Post
As you probably know, we usually try to recommend a board sponsor to anybody asking for a referral for a CA who knows how to do ED properly. I am not aware if Brad is, let me know if that's true.
Not a whole lot of board sponsors left any more though...
2012 BMW 128i Convertible (red) RETIRED
2015 MINI Cooper Convertible (blue) RETIRED
2015 BMW X1 X Drive (blue) RETIRED
2018 BMW X1 X Drive (black)
Old 06-16-2019, 11:48 AM
Go Dawgs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandanio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluhwein View Post
Not a whole lot of board sponsors left any more though...
Gluhwein is right, there aren't many left. It's not like the good 'ol days when Jonathan Spira started Bimmerfest, and there were lots of sponsors.

I did my first three EDs with a then-board sponsor (BMW of Salem), but they no longer sponsor, and my trusty CA couldn't match the deal I was able to negotiate both with Crevier and BMW of Seattle. I gave Greg Poland a crack at it, but I found him to be fairly unresponsive, TBH. Obviously others have had a great experience with him, and I'm not criticizing, but he also was not going to match the offers I got from other non-sponsors.

So, there you go.

In the Stable:

Retired:
2000 E39 540i ZSP 6MT

Member BMWCCA #402733
Old 07-26-2019, 02:13 PM
///Multiple

Mein Auto: '16 M4, '06 Z4MR, '18 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BickUW89 View Post
Gluhwein is right, there aren't many left. It's not like the good 'ol days when Jonathan Spira started Bimmerfest, and there were lots of sponsors.

I did my first three EDs with a then-board sponsor (BMW of Salem), but they no longer sponsor, and my trusty CA couldn't match the deal I was able to negotiate both with Crevier and BMW of Seattle. I gave Greg Poland a crack at it, but I found him to be fairly unresponsive, TBH. Obviously others have had a great experience with him, and I'm not criticizing, but he also was not going to match the offers I got from other non-sponsors.

So, there you go.
I wasn't around in the beginning but I"m pretty sure that it was Jon Shafer who started Bimmerfest, both this forum and the event.
Hers: 2018 M3 Sedan | San Marino Blue Metallic | Black Full Merino Leather | CF Trim | M DCT | ZCP | ZEC | ZDA | 5AG | ED 7/18/18
Ours: 2006 Z4 M Roadster | Interlagos Blue Metallic | Black Extended Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Purchased 7/19/12

Old 10-25-2019, 08:17 PM
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp + E30 325
FYI to anyone interested:

After a long sabbatical (3 years) I will be rebooting and restarting my BMW sales practice again next week with a new dealership ~ BMW of Santa Maria.

For those of you who don't know me, I have been involved in BMW sales on and off since 1987. Besides coming up with the idea and implementing the plan of creating these Bimmerfest forums, I have helped literally hundreds of BMW buyers take advantage of the European Delivery program over the years. If you are ever going to do "ED" it behooves you to work with someone who is a proven expert at the process, and unfamiliarity with the process can ruin your day (and botch your ED experience).

There are a couple of "ED Seasons" annually -- early Spring and then September/October peak to coincide with Oktoberfest and model year changeover.

If you are contemplating a Spring ED, now is the time to get busy with your serious planning.

Let me know if or how I can help..

Last edited by Jon Shafer; 10-25-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:22 PM
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
I wasn't around in the beginning but I"m pretty sure that it was Jon Shafer who started Bimmerfest, both this forum and the event.

Yes, it's true - I started both the Bimmerfest Show/Event as well as the www.Bimmerfest.com forums (with the help of Performance IX).. Jonathan Spira joined us in the early years..

Quite frankly, the whole European Delivery forum is what I consider to be one of my greatest creative achievements. By that I mean, at the time there was several large BMW forums (Bimmer.org/Roadfly, BimmerForums, DTMPower, ...etc.) competing for viewership. One day it occurred to me that there was no ED forum anywhere on the net, so with a few keystrokes and a lot of love and support from certain key contributors (like Beewang, Spira et al), our little ED forum here quickly became a very special place for many people and for many years (and an institution for BMW ED Fans)..

I was speaking with my friend Jake at BMWNA who oversees the entire ED program now (as of the last 6 months or so I think), and we were brainstorming as to how we can revitalize the whole BMW ED phenomenon.. I will keep you all posted about that if I have more to report.

I do need to add the JSpira specifically is due credit for the above "Travel Forum" as well as the Diesel forum. This is the true beauty of Bimmerfest ~ so many amazing/talented/brilliant BMW enthusiasts all contributed to bring the BMW Community together in a way that had not existed before.

Last edited by Jon Shafer; 10-25-2019 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:00 PM
The One who Drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
Yes, it's true - I started both the Bimmerfest Show/Event as well as the www.Bimmerfest.com forums (with the help of Performance IX).. Jonathan Spira joined us in the early years..
Where is +1 when you really need it?

Quote:
I was speaking with my friend Jake at BMWNA who oversees the entire ED program now (as of the last 6 months or so I think), and we were brainstorming as to how we can revitalize the whole BMW ED phenomenon.. I will keep you all posted about that if I have more to report.
Since you asked... I have done a once-in-a-lifetime ED on a beautiful 3-series coupe in '09 and it has been the best vacation so far in our lives (Mrs. came along with for the experience). I have done it because the math checked out (price discount was generous and it made sense), Lufthansa had a fantastisch 2-for-1 deal, BMW dealer whom I worked with (Alex Dytko from Peabody BMW) was great but most importantly, BMW cars had this something, which has been lost somewhere along the years and right along the brand lost appeal to me in favor of an American competitor (but due to this BMW built some great brand royalty, I will be a fan for life).
It is unlikely that I will do another BMW ED (I have been to Europe plenty of times since), due to what I described above, but I will always visit these forums for the memories, great people and an occasional trip report that brings back memories. But if the stars align, a BMW EV vehicle is viable, BMW makes it worth it, we may as well take our kid and relive our vacation of '09 with him. It would be cool...

Quote:
I do need to add the JSpira specifically is due credit for the above "Travel Forum" as well as the Diesel forum.
Does he still "roam the hallways" around here?

Btw. Why haven't you mentioned "das Buch"? That was one and only (or actually in two volumes)?

Old 10-28-2019, 04:48 PM
Go Dawgs!

Quote:
Yes, it's true - I started both the Bimmerfest Show/Event as well as the www.Bimmerfest.com forums (with the help of Performance IX).. Jonathan Spira joined us in the early years.
Thanks for the correction, Jon! Didn't mean to give incorrect attribution! Glad to see you lurking about again; hopefully it will inject some more life back into this forum. It's still the best BMW enthusiast forum I know of, and the only one I make certain to follow on a daily basis.

In the Stable:

Retired:
2000 E39 540i ZSP 6MT

Member BMWCCA #402733
Old 10-29-2019, 08:40 AM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi 4dr; '03 330Ci
Quote:
After a long sabbatical (3 years) I will be rebooting and restarting my BMW sales practice again next week with a new dealership ~ BMW of Santa Maria.
Well that's good news! Welcome back and best of luck!

Quote:
And that's even better news! I've met and worked with Jake on several occasions (Street Survival & CCA events)--he's Good People and truly enthusiastic about the program. With Special Sales under his management and input from dealers like yourself, this could be the best opportunity in years to reinvigorate ED sales.

BMW CCA
Old 10-30-2019, 10:02 AM
SECDEF

Mein Auto: 2016 Alpine White 435i
Quote:
Wow this is great news. I have been on here since 2006 and read and learned about ED on these forums. I ended up getting my last 2 cars through ED (during Oktoberfest) and really can't imagine getting one any other way. I don't stay too active on the forums until it's time to start thinking about another ED (when lease is nearing its end).

My first ED was my first experience in Europe and I loved it. I loved it so much that I took an opportunity to move here for work over a year ago. I have not had a need for a car since my last lease was up (I live in very central London where my car is the tube and my two feet). Well my time in Europe may be coming to an end and I just started popping back on these forums as I will be looking to order a car soon when I return to the States. It saddens me to read that the ED benefits have deteriorated to the point many on here no longer think it is worth it. I sure hope you can reverse some of these cuts by BMW and restore it to the programme so many of us loved! Work fast though as I may be ordering soon! LOL
Old 11-01-2019, 05:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 m235i
Very glad to hear that BMWNA is even talking about revitalizing the ED program. That in and of itself is good news, as many of us were starting to suspect that they really couldn't care less about the program anymore. And also very glad to hear that Jon S. is part of the brainstorming process.

I'm excited to hear what they come up with in terms of revitalization ideas. There are a number of factors at play, obviously, in why the program seems to have declined. The reduced discount (about 4 years ago, right?), of course, was the opening salvo that really got our attention. But the truth is that there were also a number of other factors at play, such as the shift away from mom-and-pop BMW dealers to large mega-dealer chains. With the mom-and-pops, an ED specialist could make a real difference to the store's bottom line. With the AutoNations of the world, the whole thing is so inconsequential in their grand schemes that at best it's an afterthought and at worst it's an annoyance.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:11 AM
SECDEF

Mein Auto: 2016 Alpine White 435i
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
With the mom-and-pops, an ED specialist could make a real difference to the store's bottom line. With the AutoNations of the world, the whole thing is so inconsequential in their grand schemes that at best it's an afterthought and at worst it's an annoyance.
Agreed. When I moved to Vegas from Pittsburgh, Autonation would not work with me at all with an ED. Luckily my dealership in Pittsburgh helped me as they always did and ordered it through them. The funny thing was the car was shipped to the Vegas dealer as a courtesy delivery and they had to prep it without making anything off of it.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:11 PM
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Very glad to hear that BMWNA is even talking about revitalizing the ED program. That in and of itself is good news, as many of us were starting to suspect that they really couldn't care less about the program anymore. And also very glad to hear that Jon S. is part of the brainstorming process.

I'm excited to hear what they come up with in terms of revitalization ideas. There are a number of factors at play, obviously, in why the program seems to have declined. The reduced discount (about 4 years ago, right?), of course, was the opening salvo that really got our attention. But the truth is that there were also a number of other factors at play, such as the shift away from mom-and-pop BMW dealers to large mega-dealer chains. With the mom-and-pops, an ED specialist could make a real difference to the store's bottom line. With the AutoNations of the world, the whole thing is so inconsequential in their grand schemes that at best it's an afterthought and at worst it's an annoyance.

The thing I like best about my new dealership is that it is family-owned, and the dealer principals are two brothers who are very active in day-to-day-operations..

I have not booked a single BMW European since I have been back to work these past few weeks.

I am eager to do one again!!

Last edited by Jon Shafer; 11-27-2019 at 12:13 PM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery
Today's Posts Search