Getting Spotify to play! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)

X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
First generation BMW X1 availbe as a X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i xDrive.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:44 PM

Mein Auto: X1 MSport
Getting Spotify to play!

Hi guys

Apologies if this has been answered before, I've been looking through and haven't found it yet.

So I bought my X1 M Sport 64 plate a couple of weeks ago. It has the business media package and I assumed I would be able to stream audio via Bluetooth however I've since found out I don't have enhanced Bluetooth. Looking online I came across connected drive so paid for that only to find my CIC-MID head (Motion map) does not support the apps so I thought fine I'll just use the aux and got a cable but the music sounds terrible! the vocals are just echos. I've messed around with the aux volume and such settings but to no luck. I'm using Spotify on iPhone 6s.

My next step was to try coding to see if I can get enhanced Bluetooth but I'm not even sure I can with this head so before I attempt this has anyone had the same issue and solved it?

Thanks in advance for your time and any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2017, 10:36 AM

Mein Auto: x1
Use the lightning/USB cable. iPod should show up as an audio input, and you should be good to go. Otherwise, you may need to use the bmw "Y" cable.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search