Bmw f10 high beam assist - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)

F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
The sixth generation of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) was produced from 2011 - 2016 with LCI updates arriving in 2014. In the US BMW offered a hatchback 5 Series Gran Truismo (F07) and the rest of the world also go a Station Wagon/Touring version F11.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Trust me there isn't a retrofit guide for F10/F11.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2017, 08:12 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 5 Series
Okay so hopefully going to complete the FLA mirror and HBA retrofit this weekend, just one query which will show me for the electronics novice I am, how do I get the rear view mirror connector open to allow me to insert my connectors for the FLA pins, see image below showing the connector sides in the open position:

If its just a case of getting something sharp in and popping it open thats fine just checking there is no trick to it before I break something.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:19 PM

You can use a small flat screwdriver to open it. No trick needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2017, 03:52 AM

Mein Auto: F11 520d m-pack
Hi,

I have KAFAS, because of the SLI, but I don't have the turn light swich with additional button for HBA. After coding the HBA works but not complately. The HBA is automatically on only when I start the engine, turn it off and then start again. I didn't found another solution. The mark in iDrive do not change anything.
Can I solve this with additional coding?

BR
Old 11-27-2017, 10:24 AM

You need the turn light switch. It is now coded as always on to save some bucks.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 535d
Here is my VIN: WBAXA5C5XFD691519

Can anyone tell me if I am so equipped to retrofit HBA?
Old 01-05-2018, 03:13 PM

Yes you can add it.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:36 AM

Mein Auto: 550
Hello,
I have a 2015 550i x drive. VIN # WBAKP9C54FD979889. I do not have the HBA on the light stalk. What do I need to activate HBA? I appreciate your help!
Old 01-16-2019, 09:15 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gltieu View Post
i have retrofit the high beam assist because i already have the camera in my rear mirror because of the sign recognizing so for me it was only buying the new signal stick with the high beam switch.
After i have replace the switch i had some problems with the car dsc went off and other errors. So i went to a garage and after some talk with the owner there we solve the problem by that i needed to buy the RFC for the high beam assist i think that is S5ACA and i also done the heated steering wheel retrofit.
but to be short it is not so easy to retrofit the high beam assist that is what i think.
Hi gltieu,
I have a F11 from 2012 and I bought the SZL for it with the HBA option. I have Kafas2 on it so I coded everything.
Apparently it doesn't work. The press of the button does not have any effect.
You mentioned something about RFC for High Beam Assist. What is that ?
Could you give me some information about your situation ?

Many thanks
Old 04-30-2019, 10:33 AM

Mein Auto: E36 M3's, 2016 535 MSport
Digging this thread up again. I have a 2016 535 M-sport with Lane departure, blindspot detection, and speed limit detection. What do I need to retro fit auto high beams? Also, has anyone ever retro-fitted ACC+? I see the radar sensor sells for like $3200, but If I could find a salvage one, I'd attempt it.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:09 PM

Mein Auto:
Hi everybody
I also equipped 5AC for F10 LCI 2016.
I Buy the Rearview Mirror with ECU FLA and complete wiring.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qVz...ew?usp=sharing

I added 5AC to FA VO FRM, FLA3, after VO I saw the bright HBA icon in Kombin, I tested the car on the well-functioning HBA road, the high light turned on and off. But when I turned off the engine and started the car again, HBA turned off without any way of turning it back on (I switched the Auto-Off-Auto light button)
I have HBA switch on SZL (only buttons HBA and BC do not see the whole cluster) because of the same plug test, the same wire color, electronic circuit has the same code, so I replace the old Button
Turn on the car again, the car does not report an error, but the BC and HBA buttons have the function but press BC I currently have, HBA does not work, press HBA like pressing BC.

Factory no button HBA
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Jj...ew?usp=sharing

With HBA
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ujz...ew?usp=sharing

Compatible with the car
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-B-...ew?usp=sharing

What do I need to do for the active HBA button.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:10 PM

Mein Auto:
Hi everybody
I also equipped 5AC for F10 LCI 2016.
I Buy the Rearview Mirror with ECU FLA and complete wiring.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qVz...ew?usp=sharing

I added 5AC to FA VO FRM, FLA3, after VO I saw the bright HBA icon in Kombin, I tested the car on the well-functioning HBA road, the high light turned on and off. But when I turned off the engine and started the car again, HBA turned off without any way of turning it back on (I switched the Auto-Off-Auto light button)
I have HBA switch on SZL (only buttons HBA and BC do not see the whole cluster) because of the same plug test, the same wire color, electronic circuit has the same code, so I replace the old Button
Turn on the car again, the car does not report an error, but the BC and HBA buttons have the function but press BC I currently have, HBA does not work, press HBA like pressing BC.

Factory no button HBA
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Jj...ew?usp=sharing

With HBA
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ujz...ew?usp=sharing

Compatible with the car
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-B-...ew?usp=sharing

What do I need to do for the active HBA button.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:55 AM

Mein Auto:
Hi everybody
Do not know what I am missing
I replaced the other SZL cluster with HBA button and Open E-sys
I Activate FA with 5AC without Save FA to vehicle, VO Code VO FRM, FLA3, SZL
HBA button works well Turn on and switch HBA.
But I'm still not lucky that when I switch the engine and turn on the car, the HBA button no longer works on / off.
If I Edit FDL FRM (Even if there is no change in FRM), then the HBA button works again, but if the engine is turned off and the car is turned on again, the HBA button will not work.
I have Isata + call SZL ECU to check the buttons BC and HBA, the signal is good
People can pin me, what have I missed?
Old 06-13-2019, 07:24 PM

Mein Auto:
Hi everybody
I have a question about E-sys a little, maybe because I'm not fluent.
1. / Open E-sys >> select the type of vehicle connection >>> Select VIN >>>> connection Open Expert Mode window >>>> Coding >>> Read FA >> read (VCM) >>> click must 01 ECU >>> Code
2. / Open E-sys >> select the type of car connection >>> Select VIN >>>> connection Open Expert Mode window >>>> Coding >>> Read FA >> read (ECU) >>> click must 01 ECU >>> Code
3. / Open E-sys >> select the connection type >>> Select VIN >>>> connection Open Expert Mode window >>>> Coding >>> Read FA >> Load (saved last time)> >> right click 01 ECU >>> Code.
Are all three steps 1-2-3 different? or the same is 1
I asked because I felt different here
/ Open E-sys >> select the connection type >>> Select VIN >>>> connection Open Expert Mode window >>>> Coding >>> Read FA >> read (VCM) >>> Save
b / Open E-sys >> select the type of vehicle connection >>> Select connection VIN >>>> Open Expert Mode window >>>> Coding >>> Read FA >> read (ECU) >>> Save
Step a-b gives 2 different save results

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
Today's Posts Search