BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Hello all just purchased a replacement motor for my M6 however the motor came out of

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  NJ/FL M6 
#1 ·
Hi looking washing dishes for any advice on do and don***8217;t on rebuilding the s-85 . I threw a rod threw my oil pan at 61,000 miles . Rather than trying to rebuild the blown motor I opted on grabbing another motor and rebuilding it with these ***8220;upgraded***8221; rod bearings, rod bolts,rings some ***8220;upgraded***8221; oil line for the vanos pump, asunder from that do I really need to buy new Ross & pistons , can***8217;t I just have the machine shop freshen the pistons up check the crank ect ... I just don***8217;t want to buy anything I don***8217;t absolutely have to thinking of sending the blown motor to the Troy jeup guy seems to be the best I could find on the web but need to save up as this replacement motor just took me for $11k I***8217;ve also had to replace the SMG pump & the transmission hahahaha I***8217;ll never sell the car lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.