BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2008 BMW M5 Issues

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mdrew 
#1 ·
Hi does anyone know of any issues I should expect on a 2008 BMW M5? Also of any reputable extended warranty companies? Thank you in advance...

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

#2 · (Edited)
As with all these E60 M5,s Rod bearings should be replaced your looking at paying someone you can expect to pay 2500 to 3500 ISH
SMG transmission pump motor sooner or later and of course replacing the clutch before 70 to 90k
and throttle bodies actuators replaced ( x-2 ) , not sure on mileage but they have issues with the plastic gears stripping from old dried out grease
other than those items you just have typical car stuff
Oh and good luck with extended warranty, I dont know of any that arnt rip offs but I have heard good things about Car Max warranty

#3 ·
I actually refinanced through USAA because they were the only place I could find to offer a warranty on the V10. It is a third party but they have been really good for the most part. I am having a debate with them currently about rear struts vs rear shocks...but mostly bought it for the rod bearing issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.