BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2006 m5 smg transmission problem

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  platii 
#1 ·
I have a 06 M5 with SMG tranny. The car was first having problems not seeing the proper gears. Found the wiring to the sensor strip once repaired again having bare wires. We took the tanny out and removed the sensor strip. To remove it we had to remove the solenoids. Meaning we open up the hydrolic system. I repaired the wiring and we put the tranny back in. I ran the bleeding of the system with ISTA. Checked the fluid level and seen it was good. The car wouldn't go into gear. i followed the procedure of adapting the tranny since we took it out without replacing anything. It adapted the clutch fine but when i went to adapt the transmission it fails. It gets to 5th gear then times out everytime. Now all i get is this error. The car was basically fine before we took it out. I see the pump is making 35 psi. and the accumulator making 96 bar. To me its not shifting the gears. Is their another way to bleed the system. Is their something common that happens when installing the tranny back in that stops the tranny from shifting? Fork sticking? slave cylinder damaged? All ISTA says is to adapt the system but again the Teach in Transmission always times out.

#2 ·
Have You solved it, it is not the fork as you didn't remove the top block, you only got into the solenoids on the back of the block, the right one is responsible for 3th-5th gear, you should check the sealing O'ring s there.. also to make sure the wiring job done right, if there is fault code will tell.

Nice to have an update for this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.